Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living is a constant search for meaning and purpose. I've been plagued by feelings of dissatisfaction and frustration, and these have been catalysts for examining life at a deeper level. There's this impulse to strip things to its rawest forms seeing that society relies heavily on facades, representations, and symbols for its meaning and has built certain sets of relations upon these things. This also has lead to the realization that certain narratives predominate over others, leading us to falsely believe that these narratives are the only ones that exist and are correct. I want to understand how and why this is so. How do I fit within those narratives, and whether basing my life on those narratives is worth it. This inquiry also has lead me to discover how malleable narratives are. Just by deconstructing them and/or looking at them at a different angle, you can see how the meanings and implications of these narratives can radically change and even contradict. The quest for meaning is just the purposeful, intentional, and direct construction of a narrative.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts