Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to be direct! As if I can be any other way :tongue: !

This is about how I sound to you, fellow members and visitors and strangers(and an ocassional ... "cock":angry:) on PerC. Most of you heard me, read what I wrote, some may have even watched me. This is not at all about my type because I am certain of that like I am of preciously few things. Almost, I dare to say it, absolutely certain. No, this is not about that. This is merely how my appearance and behaviour come out. In other words:

Does my behaviour match my cognition? Oh snap! What a difficult question! Here's an easier form:

Do I come out as an FiSe?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, ok. I'll quote my post history from here and elsewhere. Be warned, it may or may not make any sense! I'll do it in multiple posts.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excerpts from within:

"So you found a LSE. Must've amazing experience to meet your dual. I don't remember ever meeting one. How will I know? Besides, derp use your instincts!"

"Meh it's that one. I thought this was something new..."

"In my case I'd rather ignore social status, both substantial and potential, and only measure them throught my personal values.

Yeah, I do. Guilty as charged :p . I don't care about goals, but then..."

"Me neither. A man is a man is a man. Fk the hierarchy!"

"Funny, when I see a guy talking to a skull, I see a guy talking to a skull. Does it have any resemblence towards the world of theatre? Yes, but only because of Hamlet and Shakespeare."

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Excerpts from without:

(this is my VERY OWN review of a game called "The Secret World"!)

"I first started playing this game maybe a week after my birthday this year(my birthday: 9 March). I was pretty skeptical at first because I am not what you would call a horror fan(wanted to write that French word for chocolate/food tester, but completely forgot it). Truth be told, I don't even like them(especially when they are over the top with gore-HATE slashers). So what did attract me to this game? Well, the other part of TSW and that would be Mythology and conspiracy. Especially the Illuminati. Waffling love those. Now onto the meat n taters right? Off we go!

GAMEPLAY

Well, it is quite interesting, but also presents quite a steep cliff over the difficulty of typical MMO of yore. Why is that? Well, you see there is this thing present in TSW called "Ability Wheel". It consists of 9 weapons, 3 in each category(Firearms{Pistols, Shotgun, Assault Rifle} Melee Weapons{Fists/Claws, Blades, Hammers}, Magic{Blood Magic, Elemental Magic, Chaos Magic}) and there is what? 520 abilities in total that you can arrange HOW EVER you WANT on your skillbar. That sounds woah! So many skills, doesn't it? It does not stop there. You see, your skillbar is limited to typical MMO where you can fill the entire screen with hotbars. You can place only SEVEN abilities in both your active skillbar and the passive skill bar(That's right! Passives are active only if they are on the passive skillbar). Now, if you haven't played Guild Wars 1 before, this'll be you: O.O. Even if you did play GW 1, it'll take quite some time to get used to the skill combinations and how to really do them. It took me a month and I played a good four years of GW 1(passives got me). So, is this good or bad? It's pretty good, though there are mistakes(nothing is ever truly perfect eh?). Good sides would be that you can play the game however you want. Want to play High DPS/mobility character? Fine-go Pistols/Shotgun. Want the typical Tank? Fine go Chaos/Hammer. In this matter GW 2 and TSW are pretty similar: every weapon can DPS(each on its own way ofc!) and that is awesome! Gone are the days when you fancied the look of Sword n board, but you simply couldn't use it for anything but the tanking. For example: I find single target damage the forte of both the Hammer and the Chaos Magic(and they are both tanking weapons Heh!) You can mix n match to find what suits YOU instead of what you are trying to DO. Of course, be rational with the skill points-pick two weapons that you fancy the most and all three talismans and just focus on them during your first vertical progression. Ability points aren't so important, but try to keep your skillbars tidy(there are guides on the official forums with that). The control of the camera can feel a bit stiff and you'll notice this one if you ever try to circle strafe/kite. Also, even though you basically get unlimited inventory(200 or so slots), it can quickly get filled and all messed up by various Runes, potions and all the stuff you don't actually need. Crafting is another big let down, but it isn't crafting per se. It is more like customizing your equipment for your preferred needs/role. There is one last thing I must mention here: Investigation and Sabotage missions. I am going to review them under story further down the road. But they are amaSing(lol!)! Dungeons are also one of a kind. I must warn you that there are quite few broken/duplicate/useless skills. It is to be expected when you have such a huge amount of skills.

GFX/SFX

GFX is top notch. It allows you to turn on the DX 11 for some nice lighting and overall tweaks. This in turn allows the use of both the SSAO(which is nice I guess and I still can't decide if I want to leave it turned off or on-it doesn't take much fps some 2-4) and the Tesselation(some are ready to swear on their own lived for this, but I find it ugly. I must, however, admit that it looks way more real than your typical texture GFX. Try it and decide for yourself. It makes quite a fps hit if you enable both the world and the structure{I think} Tesselation-don't activate both or you could lose upwards to 15 fps on average). The bad side of this is the fact that the game isn't really that optimized. I have an i5 3570k processor, Gigabyte ATi radeon 7850 super OC 2 GB(or something like that) with 8 GB RAM and it still doesn't go above 50 fps even in DX 9 with AA forced from the card. Such a shame. Another thing I don't like is the fact that they put all of the following IN the SAME SLIDER(meaning you can't fine tune it): Tesselation, godrays, AA and AF. Concerning the sfx-it is crisp, it is audible and it is beautiful. I will note that there were some concerns about the sfx of Pistols(they all sound chick-chick-chick) and the loud noises that blades and hammers can produce(it doesn't bother me personally, but I see how that could annoy people). I need to note the concern about the some of animations are being complained about. With this I can agree with, but there are really few fugly animations and all the others are pretty nice.

STORY

Now, I mustn't spoil anything(or too much anyhow) so I will do it like this. You play as a bee infused(meaning: a superman-more or less) person. That bee infusion allows you to harness and channel the power called Anima. Anima is some kind of Life force. You are hired by one of three organisations: the Templars, the Illuminati and the Dragon. I will describe only the Dragon because I take it that you, at least, heard about the other two. The Dragon is currently located in Seoul, South Korea. They are all about Chaos theory and about maths and their application in the real world. Their view on the world is: "Order through Chaos. Construction through destruction". They are NOT terrorists, though some may view them as such. They are also willing to sacrifice/kill 1000 people to Save 1000000 people. In short: they are mathemagical(literally!). Everywhere you go, the dim but enduring tone of survival is present. The atmosphere is OOZING from the screen. Quests are fully voiced and have sense, also there is quite few kill X. You really can't predict what's gonna happen. And the voices! OMG! They are superb to say at the very least(you get such talented people such as Tim Russ, Armin Shimmerman, Jeffrey Combs and Steve Blum). Investigation missions require you to actually THINK instead of just go kill some more baddies. They range everywhere from musical education to religion to latin and even pattern recognition and the ability to find your way in the world. Sabotage missions require you to sneak around, dodge cameras and take out opponents with subterfuge and cunning instead of brawn and force. And I have got to mention this one more time: CHARACTERS ARE REALLY MEMORABLE! There is not much bad to be said about this segment of TSW. The bad things could be: you don't really feel the impact on the world, the quests guide you(except investigations, sabotages and the main quest) and that's it!

WORTH

I purchased this game in boxed version for about 60 Dollars. Yes that's the situation of Economy in my country lol. And even with launch price I still feel like I got my money's worth in these few months. My three characters still haven't left the first zone(they have left Kingsmouth alright, two are basically at the blue mountain) and it feels...well awesome. Community is friendly, there are mods for whatever you would need, three huge zones and the last but certainly not the least:

THIS IS AN ONE OF A KIND GAME(you won't play anything Like it anytime soon)!

SCORES:

GAMEPLAY 9.0/10

GFX 9.2/10

SFX 9.5/10

STORY 11(just kidding 10)/10

WORTH 10/10
COMMUNITY(+SUPPORT) 9.0/10

CONCLUSION:

You really should play this game, if for nothing, then for its atmosphere and story. It's not that it'll cost you that much anyhow what with those Amazon sales and all(you can get it for as low as 15 bucks!). A deep, provocative and fun game. Thoroughly and wholeheartedly recommended!

PROs:

-> Atmosphere + GFX
-> Story
-> Instances
-> Voice Over
-> Customisability(Ability wheel)

CONs:

-> Optimisation
-> Duplicate/broken/useless skills
-> Some animations are still subpar"

"Thanks all! I'll try to re-enact the medieval Longsword/Kite shield look then. Either that or I find some sweet small, Targe(Rondache)"

"My post got deleted??? wtf why? I wasn't aware that I was breaching any rules."

"Is there any way to change how your char looks on the launcher(SOE launcher)? It would be kinda weird to have mine characters be portrayed wrong."

"What papa mc grappy pops? Embrace the future! Take the matters in your hands instead of sitting around like a rock and fight the evil!"

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right you have more than enough to work with. Off I am to watch Timbers! Hope they won't play like drowning rats like they did last week. It was pathetic even by standards of Croatian prime league and that says...hm will suffice.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Meh another totally not worthy game of Timbers. Too bad that NYC was a total fail. To spoil such an opening...they deserve the punishment of the worst calibre.

Anyhow, it seems there isn't anyone answering. Come on, rebuke me just SAY something!

Thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts