Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen it posted around here and there by a few ENFP's. Even though you're extraverts, you test as introverts sometimes and don't do all the socializing that E's typically do.

How common is this?

Also, as I understand it, ENFP's introvert more than the other E's...is that right?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think it's true. I was actually SO confused as to whether I was INFP or ENFP until I learned that ENFP is dominant Ne, while INFP is dominant Fe. I am so Ne. I see myself as very outgoing, but my boyfriend swears I'm shy. And while I am fine having random conversations with strangers, i HATE going to a house where I don't know the host, or asking a clerk a question in a store or something. It makes me feel like I'm taking advantage of people. I don't really know WHY we tend to be more introverted..... just that we are.

p.s.
Great observation :)

Reactions: Fern

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
But your title says you're ENTP, Tawna... Now I'm really confused. @[email protected]

OT: Yeah, ENFPs can be extremely introverted at times. If I'm not in the mood, or I'm not getting that invitational "vibe" from someone, essentially welcoming me to the conversation, I will remain on my own. This past weekend, for me, was one of those times, even though I hated every moment of it. I really wanted to go out and do something, but no one else felt that way toward me, it seemed--so I just became a loner for the weekend. Sometimes, though, that can be a bit more than necessary because I tend to forget to think about me...

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I thought I was an INFP too except I'm really not an introvert. I get my energy from people, not by being alone & I'm ruled by Ne.

There was a post awhile back about how ENFPs are quiet around other extroverts and loud around introverts, and that fiits me pretty well too. Though I do have a group of very loud extroverted friends that I'm comfortable enough to be loud and crazy around too, but I'm still the quiet one in comparison. :cool:

339 Posts
I think it's more of an environment thing. I change how I behave in front of different people. I don't truly understand why I do this. Are you ENFPs especially quiet at home? As a side note, for the past one year, I have been the quietest anyone (and well, myself) has ever seen me to be. It's not a very comfortable feeling but it's something I have to go through. Anyone else with a similar experience?

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
all ENFPs have the capacity to be loud. maybe not "loud", but outgoing and confident.

people don't realise how many of their choices are
a) under our own control
and b) because of our environment and experiences

the c) option, that we're "meant to be" a certain way, has a limited part to play, and yet that's the idea most people buy into.

people are too easily discouraged, and too comfortable in their comfort zone to really realise and take advantage of this. it's those people that are able to realise and take advantage of this, who are the ones that make the changes in their lives that they want to make.

hmm.. feel free to ignore this post, i just realised how far it deviates from the OPs actual point.

339 Posts
@Tridentus
Maybe you're trying to give advice...?

But to deviate with you, I am so sure of this point of yours. I kno(e)w a friend who did exactly that and made an excuse for his behaviour. I called it bullshit logic.

c) option, that we're "meant to be" a certain way, has a limited part to play, and yet that's the idea most people buy into

·
Registered
57 Posts
Quite a few people think I'm an introvert. The reasons are usually because I can think (which for some reason really sets a person appart :p) and focus. Oh, I also use uncommon words sometimes.

Than I occationally can't help myself from talking about some cool idea I have and get a bit louder and energised and just won't stop talking. It makes people change their minds a bit when they've seen that side of me. Also when someone doesn't fly with me (some person behaving mean to someone else or so) I can't help myself from speaking up and supporting the victim. Than people start considering me warm.
Oh and I randomly unexpectedly flirt sometimes (and sometimes often) :p I can also be very playful and tease people. Cause that's fun. Also makes people change their mind about how introverted or extraverted I am.

Overall the biggest factor in how I come over is enviroment and maybe how much sleep I've had. If I'm around closeminded people I'll likely be very quiet, especially if I'm also tired. If I'm with people who are intelligent or more importantly are open, nice and have some imagination, than I'll tend to pick up on their thoughts and extrapolate tons and keep on adding on stuff endlessly. I'll be really energetic and my mind will be flying all over the place, even if I was tired before. I could still hold back my emotion somewhat though, which will throw of some people.

On any test I score as very extravert (always 85%+).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts