Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Retired
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Idk why I was thinking of this subject, but I had this idea that if I ever fell in love again this is how I'd declare my love for someone:
I'd either learn to play a song I thought was romantic, like "Make you feel my love" or some other song I could play on the keyboard, like "fly me away" and, I'd invite a bunch of people over including the person I was attracted to, and I'd sing, and play the song and then I'd tell them afterward it was for them......or even better, I'd write a song....
I don't think I'd do it the "normal" way....anyone have similar ideas?

Reactions: Zech

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
My most recent romance - i made a music tape for her. Yes, tape as in

Product Compact cassette Musical instrument accessory Technology Electronics

So, 15 or so songs that were romantic and/or significant to me and/or i thought she'd like. Not as daring as your idea and probably not all that quirky either.

PS am sure you will fall in love again.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I would make a treasure box full of symbolic items that represented different blessings I wished to bestow upon the loved individual, or different aspects of how I desired to connect with that person. I would create homemade items if necessary, or would modify existing items to make them communicate my feelings more accurately. Each item would be something very personal, perhaps things that had been in the family for a while that I had altered, or hand crafted things made from materials that had some kind of history to them. The items would be things that showed I was listening and really knew who my partner was, understood his deepest needs and desires, or they might be items that revealed my willingness to offer him some part of myself that would require a significant degree of vulnerability and sacrifice. These symbolic items would be almost like religious offerings, sacred things. I would include a hand-written list to briefly explain why each item was included.

If I remember correctly, my brother proposed to his wife with a book he made in which he listed all of the things he loved about her, or something like that. It was sweet.

Writing your partner a song sounds completely lovely.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I once walked 500 miles, and then started to walk 500 more.

I just wanted to be the man to walk a thousand miles and fall down at your door, but after 500 miles my shoes wore out and I gave up.

I very seriously thought about walking clear across the country to prove my love for someone, but my family would have worried about me too much.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts