Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are quotes/phrases/sentences you can relate with?

Here are mine:

1. I complete myself

2. I need a relationship like I need bone cancer

3. Feelings: Like ice, but colder

4. I don't feel alone. I have me.

5. Someone might get a thrill out of 'going out tonight', I have a thrill when I'm sure that I have my house to myself.

6. I think of the golden years as a time when i have absolute freedom to just sit back and observe the world and nobody will complain about it, cuz I'll be old.

7. I may never be attached to anything.

8. Stay Cool. Hang Loose. Admit nothing.

9. I go along with what others want unless I have a very strong desire of my own, which I usually don't.

10. I'm just here to establish an alibi

Some of these, I got from reading other people's forum posts, some I got on Pinterest, some I got watching an interview, and some I just made up. Can't remember which ones are which. If you see something you said here, go ahead and claim it. :bored:

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
"No"
"Don't touch that"
"Leave me alone"
"You aren't helping"
"Figure out your own life before fucking up mine"

As you can see I am not particularly fond of the people in my life, and therefore may not properly represent ISTPs as a group.

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” - Bruce Lee.

·
Registered
41 Posts
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

·
Banned
1,330 Posts
One that I grew fond of during my first introductions to the James Bond series as a young kid. It was mentioned during an exchange of words but I will rephrase it.

"Never let them see you bleed...and
always have an escape plan."

-Q

(The World Is Not Enough; 1999)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"No"
"Don't touch that"
"Leave me alone"
"You aren't helping"
"Figure out your own life before fucking up mine"

As you can see I am not particularly fond of the people in my life, and therefore may not properly represent ISTPs as a group.

-I don't really say these things out loud because I try to always be nice and sensitive (something I've learned/gotten used to through the years of living with people). But I do think them so I love these.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
-I don't really say these things out loud because I try to always be nice and sensitive (something I've learned/gotten used to through the years of living with people). But I do think them so I love these.
I try not to say them, but after enough time of dealing with certain idiots I tend to become more aggressive each time they don't get it.

Actually, that order fits the progression of what I would say if someone kept trying to "help" me with some projects they are not competent enough for. (They generally have to break something to advance to the next level, or at the very least slow me down)

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
"Because it's fun."

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Sometimes you've got to stop giving a fuck and just enjoy life.

Your feelings won't always matter. That's okay.

You can't have the good without the bad.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I'm bored. I'll list some stereotypical ones I'm sure we've all said/thought more than once.

"Who cares?"

"What's your point?"

"Whatever."

"Meh."

"GTFO."

"Stop talking."

"Get over yourself."

"Stop whining."

"Awesome."

"Sweet."

"Wow."

"Okay...?"

"Why?"

And the morally questionable one that's offended so many people throughout the ages:

"Die."

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have a few...

"Probably all laws are useless; for good men do not want laws at all, and bad men are made no better by them."
-Demonax

“In a rich man's house there is no place to spit but his face.”
-Diogenes

"Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it."
-Thoreau

"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone."
-Thoreau

The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.
-Paine

“Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good.”
-Paine

1 - 20 of 37 Posts