Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post here quotes, songs, poems, etc. which contain some sort of advice or wisdom that INFPs could benefit from, and it might be good if you provided a short explanation of how INFPs could benefit from it.

My first one:
"The head plays games, but the belly don't lie." Miz Coretta, The Famous Jett Jackson

I think too often INFPs will distrust their intuition, get bogged down in analyzing everything about a situation, and just end up profoundly confused, when in reality, they know the "answer" all along. I think we all need to learn to trust our intuition - there's a reason why human beings have these instincts; it's a survival mechanism. If you can't trust yourself, then trust evolution. :tongue:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Post here quotes, songs, poems, etc. which contain some sort of advice or wisdom that INFPs could benefit from, and it might be good if you provided a short explanation of how INFPs could benefit from it.

My first one:
"The head plays games, but the belly don't lie." Miz Coretta, The Famous Jett Jackson

I think too often INFPs will distrust their intuition, get bogged down in analyzing everything about a situation, and just end up profoundly confused, when in reality, they know the "answer" all along. I think we all need to learn to trust our intuition - there's a reason why human beings have these instincts; it's a survival mechanism. If you can't trust yourself, then trust evolution. :tongue:
Thank you, love.

Although I will say something along the lines of you have to know yourself in order to understand the universe and the Creator, but nevermind our different beliefs for now.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
"We never knew how strong we were, until being strong was the only choice we had."

"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.”

"Observe your enemies as they are the first to find your faults."

"If you lend someone $20 and you never see that person again it was probably worth it."

“I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've taken the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” - Michael Jordan

---
Poem (not by me - props if you know the reference)

I am the God of my mind,
Matter is my intelligence, space is my body
I have dreamed over a thousand worlds
unknown to man
nor known to God
have withstood pain from the flow of time
yet time itself will not touch me

-----

Sometimes, in our relentless efforts to find the person we love, we fail to recognize and appreciate the people who love us. We miss out on so many beautiful things and simply because we allow ourselves to be enslaved by our own selfish concerns. Go for the man of words for you will find rewarding happiness not with the man you love but the man who loves you more. The best lovers are those who are capable of loving from a distance, far enough to allow the other person to grow, but never too far to feel the love deep within your being.You may have found peace in just loving someone from distance not expecting anything in return.. The best part of loving is not wishing that the person who you love will loves you more than you do but feeling that you love the person far more than you think you could..

Sometimes, you stop loving someone not because the person started hating you, but we found out that they will be happier if we let go..To let go of someone doesn’t mean you have to stop loving, it only means you allow the person to find his own happiness without expecting him to come back. Letting go is not just setting the other person free, but also setting yourself free from all bitterness, hatred, and anger that is kept in your heart. Do not let bitterness wear away your strength and weaken your faith, and never allow pain to dishearten you, but rather let you grow with wisdom in hearing it.. We can all survive just beautiful memories of the past but real peace and happiness comes only with open acceptances of what reality is today. You don’t have to forget someone you love. What you need to learn is how to accept the verdict of reality without being bitter or sorry for yourself.Believe me, you would be better off giving that dedication and love to someone more deserving.Let go of yesterday and love will find its way back to you. And when it does, pray that it may be the love that will stay and last a lifetime

Don’t let your heart run your life, be sensible and let your mind speak for its self. Listen not only to your feelings but to the reasons as well. Always remember that if you lose someone today, it means that someone better is coming tomorrow. We are supposted to meet people that are wrong for us so that when we finally meet good one we will know how to be grateful. If you lose love, that doesn’t mean that you failed in love. Cry if you love to, but make it sure the tears have washed away the hurt and the bitterness that the past left with you.But remember no man is worth your tears and the one who is dont never let you cry..Never frown cause you dont know who will fall in love with your smile.

It’s hard to find true love because we are too caught up looking for the perfect person, and we don’t realize that love is not finding the perfect person, but being perfect for the right person. And Love is not blind, it sees but it doesn't mind.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
''There is the voice of reason. There are also the voice of an inner connection you have with yourself alone, the voice of intuition and the voice of passion. Do not be afraid to use them in a world that places too much value on the surface. No one has a bigger influence on how to love yourself other than you. Even when others validate you, if you don't validate yourself, you will continue to feel empty. Fight for a life that feels real to you'' Me.

We often question ourselves too much, more than other people even when other people are secretly enjoying the effects of their judgments.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
''It is often during the darkest hours that the most independent, the most ethically and vision driven leaders are born. Don't mess with them when they come.'' - Me

Hah, now I feel like I am giving my lost, sad self a pep talk.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
There is a newfound light of independence inside me, that is not effected by time or circumstances. I shall choose to follow it, with no doubt, no matter what. - Hah, myself personally.

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
"You pick up a pebble on the beach and look at it. It’s beautiful. Don’t try to get a sermon out of it. Sermons and Stones and God in everything be damned. Just enjoy it.

Don’t feel that you’ve got to salve your conscience by saying that this is for the advancement of your aesthetic understanding. Enjoy the pebble. If you do that you’ll become healthy. You become able to be a loving helpful human being. But if you can’t do that, if you can only do things because somehow you're going to get something out of it, you’re a vulture."
-- Alan Watts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
If you can ignore the acting; I really like this clip.

Reactions: refugee

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Needs to also remind self that a million books, articles or online interactions filled with logical sounding advice will not help if I don't trust myself enough. Trusting yourself is a complete inside job. -Myself

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
If other people give you advice without enough understanding or compassion for what you had actually gone through, feel free to tell them that their views are bullshit. -Me.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
"Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny." - I don't know if it applies to everyone here, but I know I get stuck in spirals of negative thinking. This is something I try to remember when I get bogged down like that.

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place." "When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try it one more time'" See above - there's always something to hope and long for, there's always a reason why you tried to do something, to help someone. It's so very important not to lose that or forget it, otherwise you risk losing yourself to failure and despair.

"Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things." "If life was easy... where would all the adventures be?" - Because life isn't easy, but for every trial, there is a reward if we're willing to look for it. Sometimes the reward is the trial because of the doorways and new thinking it brings to us. Plus, I always think of the epic fantasy adventures. Despite knowing that the chances of anything remotely similar happening to me, I can't help but dream of something like those, of filling some sort role that is larger than life and most definitely larger than me.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
YouTube - If you want to sing out, sing out
Live the way that you want. You only have to do it.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Ghandi
If you want to change/save the world, well, the best place to start is with yourself.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts

My first one:

2. Doubt. Your mind will react to intuitive information by second-guessing you all the way. Even as your intuition speaks to you, your mind will tell you that you're imagining the event.

The best way to manage doubt is to acknowledge it fully. Doubt becomes more powerful when we try to fight it. ... Listen to the objections of your mind, and follow your intuition anyway.
I read it somewhere.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I know being an INFP you can definitly have some wild emotions. (at least I do) I find something soothing like a pot of coffee, a walk when the sun is going down (or up), or a soothing song help me greatly. Doesnt necessarily always need a particular message or even the right words, but some things are just comforting...heres a few different songs and genres I find soothing. Ive learned if I can find the calm withen the storm for myself, I am much better able to help others, so I definitly like calmer things!

A good book not only because I learn it gives me more to think about. Good movies that are encouraging. A nice evening with a good friend. All good things in my book!

This is Nick Drake a poet and singer. I definitly think he mustve been an INFP or of close temperament.
YouTube - nick drake - river man

Classical really is calming to me:
YouTube - Frederic Chopin Nocturne No 9 in B Op.32 No 1

YouTube - V.Ashkenazy plays Scriabin Poème No1 Op 32.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
"Be it, don't dream it." - Rocky Horror

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
This might be inspiring to you guys:

"Follow through
Make your dreams come true
Don't give up the fight
You will be all right
Cause there's no one like you
In the universe

Don't be afraid
What your mind conceals
You should make a stand
Stand up for what you believe
And tonight we can truly say
Together we're invincible"

·
Registered
35 Posts
'Though all the crannies of the world we filled
with elves and goblins, though we dared build
Gods and their houses of dark and light
-twas our right-
that right has not decayed
we make still by the law in which we're made'

-J.R.R. Tolkein, on creativity

Watch out where the huskies go. Don't you eat that yellow snow.

-Frank Zappa, on drugs

Sound advice for sure :tongue:

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
These worked for me
But don't know about INFPs
"No matter what anyone tells you YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL HUMAN BEING! Never let anyone tell you your not because there not as beautiful as you yet
No matter what you look like on the inside the heart and mind are beautiful gifts given to you at birth. People who bring down others to make them feel better about themselves are going to suffer more then they already are.

There is always light drowned in darkness but the light will never disappear.
No matter how hopeless you are there is always hope!

Light always prevails but it will cast a shadow of your past just understand its all behind you now.
Even once you found hope you have to understand your past and never let it take over you again and drag you back into hopelessness.

Don't Look back,walk the present, run for the future.
My absolute favorite quote! It pretty much says you have to get away from the past, understand yourself now so you can make yourself a better future.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nurse Nancy: You know, my girlfriend had a theory. She said at some point in your life, you find a use for every useless talent you ever had. It's like connecting the dots.
Cherry Darling: I'm not that optimistic. I feel like I'm sinking down a drain and I can't get out.
Nurse Nancy: She'd say, "when you're stuck in that spiral, you reach up".
Cherry Darling: What if there's nothing up there?
Nurse Nancy: Just reach up.

Planet Terror
- wisdom in grindhouse-style film. And we all have moments where we are stuck in that spiral. Just reach up.

Or, as Dory (Finding Nemo) would say, "Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming? What do we do? We swim, swim..."

Reactions: faeriegal713
1 - 20 of 70 Posts