Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I kinda stole this off the INTP forum, and I'm sorry if we already have one but I couldn't find one. We have a few that are similar, but not one for just all quotes.
This can be from films, poems, books, your own mind, anywhere.

For me:
"She’s got eyes of innocence, the personality of a dreamer, and a smile that hides more pain than you can imagine."
Think it suits INFPs fairly well. And...
"Stop. Stop and listen. Really listen. What do you hear?"
"Wisdom is learning to let go when you want to hang on. Courage is learning to hang on when you want to let go."

Yours?

·
Registered
ISFP (ESI-Se)
735 Posts
"bones and tissue, tubes and fat!! all sustained by blood. nothing more than a poorly tended machine."
-johnny the homicidal maniac

"Of course it's cheating. Nobody ever got rich being honest."
-Matilda's Dad

"Perhaps if you know you are insane then you are not insane. Or you are becoming sane, finally. Waking up. I suppose only a few are aware of all this. Isolated persons here and there. But the broad masses... what do they think? All these hundreds of thousands in this city, here. Do they imagine that they live in a sane world? Or do they guess, glimpse, the truth..?"
-Philip K. Dick

"Have you ever noticed how easy it is to manipulate anyone into doing what you want?"
-The Brain (Arthur)

"Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die." - Cassie Fisher

"The lion does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Game of Thrones

"It’s a measly manner of existence. To get on that subway on the hot mornings in summer… To suffer fifty weeks a year for the sake of a two-week vacation, when all you really desire is to be outdoors, with your shirt off. And always to have to get ahead of the next fella. And still – that’s how you build a future." - Biff (Death of a Salesman)

I'll probably think of more later. :p

·
Registered
634 Posts
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid" --A. Einstein

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis

"Branches do not wither because of a long cold winter. Their perseverance is rewarded with more strength; more beauty." --?

“The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. One should, for example, be able to see that things are hopeless and yet be determined to make them otherwise.”― F. Scott Fitzgerald

"God takes away the world, that the heart may cleave more to Him in sincerity." --Thomas Watson

"what's up with these font sizes?" --I just said this

·
Registered
809 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. - William Shakespeare

We judge others by their behavior. We judge ourselves by our intentions. - Ian Percy

Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty. - Mother Teresa

The only advantage in not being too good a housekeeper is that your guests are so pleased to feel how very much better they are. - Eleanor Roosevelt

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love. - Dr. Seuss

·
Registered
733 Posts
“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
― Douglas Adams

"The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there’s little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides."
― Carl Sagan

·
Registered
78 Posts
"Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now"
- Crosby, Stills, and Nash: "Judy Blue Eyes"

"There's a reason we're born with brains in our heads, not rocks!"
- Brom

·
Registered
19 Posts
“The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine.”
- Nikola Tesla

“Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius.”
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
- Oscar Wilde

“Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.”
- Oscar Wilde

“Imagination rules the world.”
-
Napoleon Bonaparte

·
Registered
248 Posts
Kafka, because he was/is great:

-The true path is along a rope, not a rope suspended way up in the wire, but rather only just over the ground. It seems more like a tripwire than a tightrope.

-I have never been here before: my breath comes differently, the sun is outshone by a star beside it.

-How is possible to rejoice in the world except by fleeing to it?
-The feeling "I'm not dropping anchor here," and straightaway the feeling of the sustaining sea-swell around one.

-You can withdraw from the sufferings of the world- that possibility is open to you and accords with your nature- but perhaps that withdrawal is the only suffering you might be able to avoid.

-"And then he went back to his job, as though nothing had happened." A sentence that strikes one as familiar from any number of old stories- though it may not have appeared in any of them.

·
Registered
521 Posts

From this distant vantage point, the Earth might not seem of any particular interest. But for us, it's different. Look again at that dot. That's here, that's home, that's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

- Carl Sagan

·
Registered
128 Posts
Regardless of how it goes down, life goes on.
---
‎"I don't do drugs. I am drugs." - Salvador Dalí
---
"I'm not for sale. I'm fucking Love, do you understand what I'm saying? Like, the Beatles were for sale. I give it away." - Anton Newcombe
---
You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.
---
"Find out what you're afraid of and go live there."
Chuck Palahniuk
---
How am I not myself? - I heart huckabees
---
"The only way to find true happiness is to risk being completely cut open."
Chuck Palahniuk
---
‎"And as long as you're subject to birth and death, you'll never attain enlightenment." - Bodhidharma
---
"I was born intelligent but education ruined me."
---
Fish don't know they're underwater.
---
Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
--
Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today, I am wise, so I am changing myself. -Rumi
---
Elevate your mind. The rest will follow.
--
"If music be the food of love, play on,
Give me excess of it; that surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken, and so die.”
― William Shakespeare
---
Sometimes you just have to take a deep breath and dive into another day.
---
‎"You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is."
- Ellen DeGeneres

·
PerC's 6w6
5,874 Posts

From this distant vantage point, the Earth might not seem of any particular interest. But for us, it's different. Look again at that dot. That's here, that's home, that's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

- Carl Sagan
I absolutely love that picture and the quote: thank you for posting them :happy:

Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat
~Theodore Roosevelt

1 - 20 of 65 Posts