Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
When I first saw the title, I was a little confused ... because honestly, for an INFJ to be hated by society, first the entire society would have to know what MBTI is - then they'd have to know who the INFJ's are so that they could hate them. Thank God we aren't born with an MBTI tag in place :p

I wouldn't say outcast but kinda misunderstood and under-represented because we're the rarest of the MBTI types. Finding other INFJ's on PerC has been quite a relief for sure :)

Welcome to the forums :) Enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
I think in my case it's the other way around. In person I have my voice, it's tone, my smile and my body language to assist me in communicating. I am generally well liked by people IRL, if not considered a bit eccentric.
Online, I can come across as rather blunt and seemingly angry, when nothing could be farther from the truth.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
In a way I do feel like an outsider, but I don't want to label myself that way. I just say I'm unique and I am my own person :) I learn not to think that way of myself because sometimes it considered negative to be hated when it just everyone have different personalities. I like being online but I rather interact face to face because I like to have that deep connected relationship. But that just me though, I'm pretty sure everyone have their own opinions.

Welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
INFJ is actually the hardest type to fit into society or so I've read. Still trying to find that article again.

Reactions: muslimsuperwoman

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think in my case it's the other way around. In person I have my voice, it's tone, my smile and my body language to assist me in communicating. I am generally well liked by people IRL, if not considered a bit eccentric.
Online, I can come across as rather blunt and seemingly angry, when nothing could be farther from the truth.
I think people in the real world can never read things the way I want them to. LOL. You do seem kind of blunt. haha :) But, blunt is okay...do you know what I mean? :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In a way I do feel like an outsider, but I don't want to label myself that way. I just say I'm unique and I am my own person :) I learn not to think that way of myself because sometimes it considered negative to be hated when it just everyone have different personalities. I like being online but I rather interact face to face because I like to have that deep connected relationship. But that just me though, I'm pretty sure everyone have their own opinions.

Welcome to the forum :)
unique=good. I agree. But it's hard to be optimistic sometimes. I get what you mean, the in person relationships are so valuable. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I first saw the title, I was a little confused ... because honestly, for an INFJ to be hated by society, first the entire society would have to know what MBTI is - then they'd have to know who the INFJ's are so that they could hate them. Thank God we aren't born with an MBTI tag in place :p

I wouldn't say outcast but kinda misunderstood and under-represented because we're the rarest of the MBTI types. Finding other INFJ's on PerC has been quite a relief for sure :)

Welcome to the forums :) Enjoy your stay.
haha, it said to make the title sound interesting. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts