Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 1061 Posts

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had this idea at work today.
Post the most interesting random fact / article / technology you have found in the last week.

You can post more than one if you would like, but I though it would be interesting to make it sort of a weekly thing to share the coolest thing you've found on the web. I like random fact generaters and things like stumbleupon.com, so it would be cool to see what other INTJs found the most interesting.

·
Banned
6,762 Posts
Well, during one of my frequent endeavours into the romantically-driven female mind (which is a better way of saying 'I went on a girl's dating site to see how good their advice was) I encountered this.

It says 73% of men expect sex on valentines.
And then it says that 48% of men want sex on valentines...

The other 25% of men are presumably being raped each valentines day...

·
Registered
521 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts

·
Banned
6,762 Posts
A skeleton of a sheep and a goat are indistinguishable.
I'll one up you.

Koala's not only have finger prints, but are similar to the humans.

Similar enough, that should koalas rape and murder someone (it's likely), the police would have dozens of fingerprints that match anyone.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Pineapplejuice makes your fingerprints go away, permanently!
Would you have to soak your fingers in the juice? I assume it's from the acid. God knows my tongue burns after eating too many pineapples (but I do love them).

Or do you mean that if I touched something and put pineapple juice on it that it would clean them up? I doubt that's your line of thought, seeing as how anything (almost) could do that, but thought I might as well cover my bases.

Either way, I'm intrigued.

·
Registered
59 Posts
on the speculations on the human brain evolution, i think that one of the more popular ones concern our need for bigger brains to make and use tools
i found another that i like better: competition between the genes for manipulation and the genes for resistance to manipulation :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yes, I would like more information on this too. Especially the permanent part.
Do elaborate.
It is a matter of cutting up the skin on the pads of your fingers, and then subjecting the wounds to the high citric acid concentrations of the pineapple juice, causing scarring. It does not remove finger prints, it just changes them a bit. Nothing magical.

·
Registered
125 Posts
on the speculations on the human brain evolution, i think that one of the more popular ones concern our need for bigger brains to make and use tools
i found another that i like better: competition between the genes for manipulation and the genes for resistance to manipulation :D
I've also heard the theory that tools+fire helped our brains get larger because the fat and protein that is needed to build brain tissue is more concentrated in meat, so when we started hunting our own meat instead of scavenging, our brains grew.

But there are so many theories on the evolution of the brain. Most of them make sense and are very plausible, but we don't have an exact way to replicate the environment, unfortunately. Nonetheless, <3 evolutionary anthropology.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, I would like more information on this too. Especially the permanent part.
Do elaborate.
Pineapple pickers had that. I can't remember exactly but something with the acid interfering with the sweat and grease glands. Try to google it?

Anyway back to the subject:
You have more bacteria on and in your body than cells

1 - 20 of 1061 Posts