Reactions: luemb

·
Registered
3,641 Posts

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #730
The construction workers union will be pissed.
Sorry, it wasn't really worthy of being posted here.

Come to find out it is actually little more than a ridiculous slide. Someone still has to arrange the bricks as you go. I've seen two guys lay brickwork like that, a whole driveway in a day. The video I watched of that machine had two guys arranging the bricks, two guys in lifters loading the bricks onto the machine (two more machines being used) and at least one guy making sure all the bricks seated properly once they were down. Those five guys could have laid them by hand, possibly faster.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Sorry, it wasn't really worthy of being posted here.

Come to find out it is actually little more than a ridiculous slide. Someone still has to arrange the bricks as you go. I've seen two guys lay brickwork like that, a whole driveway in a day. The video I watched of that machine had two guys arranging the bricks, two guys in lifters loading the bricks onto the machine (two more machines being used) and at least one guy making sure all the bricks seated properly once they were down. Those five guys could have laid them by hand, possibly faster.
Nvm, with more machines and more workers needed this could be a good thing.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Plus the guys that built the machines, and the maintenance crew who keeps them running.... Post industrial at it's finest.
Robots will fix the economy! Just have to make sure they cant unionize or vote. The Union of Marxist Machines. Thats a scary thought.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #734
Robots will fix the economy! Just have to make sure they cant unionize or vote. The Union of Marxist Machines. Thats a scary thought.
They will never be cheap enough to replace humans, at best companies will lease them to other companies, but even then, the return wouldn't be worth leasing them for the competitive rates agains human workers. All the neccisary components are in research now, massive leaps in battery power, processing, and nano materials that could lead to a true robot revolution within five years. But they won't be affordable. Likely ever.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #738

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
721 - 740 of 1061 Posts