Personality Cafe banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think of ENFPs? Do you know one?
Do you like the movie "The Butterfly Effect"? Is this a kind of Ni/Ne?
Do you get offended? What are the reasons?
Do you lose reality? How often it happens?

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,008 Posts
I'm not sure. I'm not well-read on typology so I don't really know much about different types. I'm not sure if I have known any in my life. Regardless though, I would imagine that my thoughts about a person involve more than just their type.

I adore that movie. I wasn't as fond of the later movies, but the original was fantastic. Also, I'm not so sure, given that I'm not great with functions.

I scarcely get offended, ever. I suppose it does bother me when people are sexist, racist, or if they hold any number of similar ignorant positions, but I wouldn't say it offends me so much as I just refuse to participate and accept that belief and behavior as appropriate.

What do you mean by that?

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts
I know a few. I haven't met one whom I don't like.

The Butterfly Effect is okay. It's a bit cheesy. But the concept of it is nice. This is Ni, not Ne. Ne would be something like Mean Girls or something. Family Guy is extremely Ne.

ex. A:

More examples of random-as-fuck pop-culture references:

This is also very Ne as well--taking the beginning of one sentence and intuitively connecting it to the end of a completely different sentence. You see the guy doing it at the beginning of the video:

It's a pun I guess I'm trying to say. It's very Ne. Puns are very Ne.

Ne shows/movies involve frequent pop culture references. The screen will show one thing happening and somehow this will randomly relate to something else that is going on, and the show will make a reference to that either through a character's lines or through splicing of scenes into a mantage. The plots don't seem to follow clear, linear paths. They're all-over-the-place.

Austin Powers is quite like this, as well. Ne stuff is very absurdist. And not in a subtle way. It's very in-your-face with how ridiculous it is.

Yes. I don't know.

I don't understand your question.

Reactions: Amy

·
Banned
2,480 Posts
I don't think I know any ENFP's IRL. I know an ENFJ & I do like him.

I have never seen it but I saw the trailer. It didn't interest me but I guess it could.

It's rare because I'm usually oblivious because I'm in my own head. But what really bothers me is when someone comes up to me & asks me if they have done something to offend me. I hate that! One acquaintance asked me that because she had invited me to her house for dinner & I hadn't returned the invite.

No, I don't think so. I guess I sometimes make up stuff in my head, when I look at someone like in Persuasion but without the crying. Now that I think about it, it may be a good example of Ni.

https://youtu.be/JtIJxx1ilJ0?t=42s

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I know two, very well. They are two of my favorite people. Sometimes I wish they were a bit more centered, more focused.

Never saw it. I think the idea behind the term Butterfly Effect is inaccurate, though. A butterfly flapping its wings will have no impact compared to major weather systems.

I actually can't think of an example, so it must be rare for me. I get annoyed and impatient a lot.

Like, lose track of what is going on around me? Frequently, whenever I'm really focused on something. Or asleep, of course.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My little sis is ExFP, i admire her energy dealing with peoples and she's also unique and independent.

Never watch it.

Not really that often, except someone point me directly on my face. lol. However, in stressful deadlines, i'm a beast.

Yes. Frequently, i can't measure how often it happens. Now i'm trying full-focused in activities like driving.
I crashed my car 2 times because i lost in my mind.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Most likely nothing more than any other type' I had a friend who was one/pursued her and it ended in disaster.

Yes' Maybe. I've personally never cared enough.

Depends. People and failing to understand concepts.

Maybe for a brief moment when I feel oddly eager/hopeful otherwise it's the same consistent drum beat moving me forward.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Yes. Frequently, i can't measure how often it happens. Now i'm trying full-focused in activities like driving.
I crashed my car 2 times because i lost in my mind.
I'm glad to see someone else has done this. I totalled my car once (I was really lucky that I wasn't killed) and have had quite a few near misses. I'm actually quite a good driver, as long as I remember that that's what I'm supposed to be doing.

edit: I'm not actually glad you crashed your car! I'm just glad that there is another member of the car crash club to keep me company.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Nice people to hang out with (on the forum). I think someone I know is an ENFP, but I'm not sure.

I've never seen it.

Everyone gets offended sometimes. I get offended if you insult me, act like I'm inadequate or tell lies that involve me.

If I don't have anything important to do I tend to daydream. In this state I lose track of time and what is happening around me.

·
Registered
327 Posts
ENFPs
From reading about them they sound like an okay bunch. I think I remember reading somewhere that they are the best type for INTJs as a lover or something like that; and if my memory serves me right I remember thinking that can't be right if they're people pleasers to the point of being ingenuine....and there were some other things that were pointed out in that reading that overall made me go "What would make someone think INTJs could deal with someone like that as/for a lover?!!???????!":rolleyes: Not sure if I know any.......unless they're exceptionally rare I can't see why I wouldn't know any.

The Butterfly Effect w/Ashton Kutcher.
Love the movie. I'm not up on the Ne, Ni, Fo, Fums.......but I enjoyed the movie and appreciated the thought put into it, and the idea and concept. Not as impressed with the 2nd one.

Offended/Reasons.
I get offended by lies, betrayal, disrespect, stupidity, insults, assumptions, rudeness, and things like that...

Losing Reality.
This is a tricky question. My answer is either "No, never." or "Yes, always/never found it.", depending on what's being considered reality. Because I consider reality to be a fluid, shimmering, pliable/everchanging kind of thing....not the stagnant/solid kind of thing that it's often perceived as being.

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,008 Posts
I mean, lose what's going on around you
Oh, yes, I can. I can become quite preoccupied in my own thoughts so much that I forget that there even is a world around me.

Sometimes it happens to such a deep extent that I tune out of immediate sensory experiences and instead tune more into my own imagined sensory experiences.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know a couple of them and they're quite nice, sometimes a bit too bubbly.
Never watched it :3
Not at all because it's a lot of fun to watch people reaction when you don't give a damn about what they just told you.
Yep, it happens quite often when I'm alone.

·
Meh.
ENTJ
8,158 Posts
Yes, Yes
meh, dunno
Not easily, no. ... can't think of anything in particular that offends me, it depends on the person.
There is no such thing as losing reality. Daydreaming, drifting off on a thought; yes. Losing reality sounds like something you do on LSD.

·
Registered
INTJ
1,495 Posts
1. I think ENFPs are kind of the life of the party. My best friend is an ENFP and sometimes we get along very well, sometimes...
2. Nope.
3. I don't easily get offended. I don't assume unless I am completely a hundred percent sure you've attacked me. Oh and it's lies I take offence to, not the truth.
4. I like to imagine a lot of things, but never lose reality.

·
Spam-I-am
14,061 Posts
What do you think of ENFPs? Do you know one? i know a couple and i like them
Do you like the movie "The Butterfly Effect"? Is this a kind of Ni/Ne?- hated it, almost walked out of the theater
Do you get offended? What are the reasons?- only by pure ignorance other then that no
-elaborate

1 - 17 of 17 Posts