Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not convinced that the people in my life want me to be happy as much as they want me to do what I'm "supposed" to do. I am not immune to bad decisions, but I'm pretty sure I know what's making me happy and what's not getting the job done anymore.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if life could get anymore dull. There's only one thing I look forward to everyday and even that seems to be dissapating. I need to get out and find something to do. Maybe a new hobby or something.

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
I'm not convinced that the people in my life want me to be happy as much as they want me to do what I'm "supposed" to do. I am not immune to bad decisions, but I'm pretty sure I know what's making me happy and what's not getting the job done anymore.
It's like when I take steps to get out of this hick town and crappy job my parents will doublespeak and basically say, "Well you have to do what makes you happy," but when I actually take steps like say I applied for a job in X city, their reaction (mainly my mom's) is contrary to what they say. Nobody sees the world the way I do so everyone thinks I'm crazy and it doesn't seem like I have much support.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hate the saying "if you love them, let them go. if they come back yadda yadda yadda". I...I just hate it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
UGH why is motivation so hard seek?! I think to myself as I neglect my priorities.
also, why do I have to show my emotional vulnerability to all? I know they don't give a damn whether I'm bored or having a bad day. I should stop wearing my annoyance with the world at large on my sleeves.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I hate the saying "if you love them, let them go. if they come back yadda yadda yadda". I...I just hate it.
It annoys the crap outta me too. Idk but it inspires a feeling of "there's nothing that you can do it's not under your control give up boy!" I don't like being told its not in my control :I
(although there mighty be some wisdom in there if you think about your clingy insecure friend, whatsay?)

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
UGH why is motivation so hard seek?! I think to myself as I neglect my priorities.
also, why do I have to show my emotional vulnerability to all? I know they don't give a damn whether I'm bored or having a bad day. I should stop wearing my annoyance with the world at large on my sleeves.
Motivation is the worst. I've turned failing at motivation into a science. (Thanks, ADHD.)

So... Plan to start whatever it is you want to do. Plan to do it for only 5 minutes. Then, see if you wanna continue. That usually helps.

Can't help with emotional annoyance/bad-mood/boredom either. People usually know what's up with me emotionally without me even thinking it's showing. It's... Irritating. So, I try to distract myself. That seems to help. :D

·
Registered
483 Posts
Motivation is the worst. I've turned failing at motivation into a science. (Thanks, ADHD.)

So... Plan to start whatever it is you want to do. Plan to do it for only 5 minutes. Then, see if you wanna continue. That usually helps.

Can't help with emotional annoyance/bad-mood/boredom either. People usually know what's up with me emotionally without me even thinking it's showing. It's... Irritating. So, I try to distract myself. That seems to help. :D
You've just reminded me of how much I love PerC. Random ENTPs helping you sail across this depressing stormy life because they've been there and done that.
Have a virtual hug and much love.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After separating form my wife, There's new things I miss everyday. Last night, I missed her cooking. Today i'm sick and miss having someone to take care of me :(

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
11,428 Posts
The seemingly chaotic nature of ENTP and extraverted perceiver types in general can lead us to attract people who feel that they know what's best for us :cool:
l wouldn't say that the dynamic l've had with types like INTJ was controlling, but he definitely viewed himself that way.

ln all honesty though, if you want someone to take care of you , then that's what you will attract and if you didn't want it on some level you wouldn't be attracting it.

l used to attract it because l wasn't really of an adult mind yet...now l function as both roles lol.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The seemingly chaotic nature of ENTP and extraverted perceiver types in general can lead us to attract people who feel that they know what's best for us :cool:
l wouldn't say that the dynamic l've had with types like INTJ was controlling, but he definitely viewed himself that way.

ln all honesty though, if you want someone to take care of you , then that's what you will attract and if you didn't want it on some level you wouldn't be attracting it.

l used to attract it because l wasn't really of an adult mind yet...now l function as both roles lol.
Agreed. The relationship i just came out of had a very daddy-daugter sort of feel to it. I helped her VERY often and would get onto her when she messed stuff up. She depended on me for far too much. Not a healthy relationship for two adults to have. I guess i'm just wanting to take care of me...for the moment, anyway. I dont' need anyone babying me.

Reactions: LadyO.W.BernieBro

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I finally found a project to keep me busy. Some friends that own a furniture restoration company has asked me to help out a few hours a week. Very excited about this.

Reactions: Word Dispenser

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
I had a dream last night...

I'm probably putting in a lot of filler that actually didn't happen, but this is how I see it now.

There was some kind of alien threat coming to earth, and that it could crawl into people's brains like an intangible ghost, and reside there, and take over.

But, that there were a sect of these aliens who were good, that fought against the more ruthless ones. And if you were lucky enough to get 'attacked' by a good alien, you would end up developing a symbiotic bond that would increase your intelligence, and they would increase productivity and general well-being.

I was supposed to infiltrate a nest or something, and I had all the intel on these guys. I think there was some kind of good alien that I was working for, and I had to help them by getting information, negotiating, or something.

I was wearing some type of armour. I went in, realized it was a trap, and started running out. A bomb like a bee hive exploded at my feet from behind, and smoke and steam rose up into the creases of my armour. I tried to fight it, struggling physically, in spite of a very unphysical threat. I succumbed.

The ghost went into my mind. I stood there, waiting. I felt nothing. I thought nothing. Nothing happened. And then I started feeling very far away mentally...

And then I woke up.

I think it has to do with the ritalin that I started taking-- Subconsciously worried about losing some kind of self-control, or some kind of aspect of myself, my mind... I don't know.

It's really interesting though.

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
I went on the bus today.

I'm a pretty avid people-watcher, so I was looking at everyone. Nobody really noticed. Didn't even seem to realize what was going on around them, because a camera guy from a TV station was recording them with a big hulkin' camera, and a journalist with a notepad was walking over to direct him what to do next.

It seems like people are actually afraid of making eye contact with anyone-- As if this is a dangerous, life-threatening activity. If you look at it objectively, it seems really strange. Like if an alien civilization came down to observe us, they'd be like, ''Why is everyone so self-absorbed and disconnected?''

I usually look at things on a macroscopic level, like the way our society is functioning as a whole, and how it seems dysfunctional. But, you need look no closer than the everyday to see how things could be better.

We seem to be getting better with communication-- Maybe-- Because of the social networking and stuff like that. But, it seems to be disconnecting us at the same time. And good ol' Roman emperors like to 'divide and conquer'...

Thought-spew.

·
Registered
831 Posts
So I tend to become interested in a subject and start to research it a bit. I like to read just enough to get the general idea and then I like to step back and think about it for awhile. I have gathering info here and there about MBTI but I haven't gotten all OCD and studied every single thing about it.

There is always something that bothers me about the theory. Something that brushes against my mind at odd times, if that makes sense, a thought just out of reach.

However, I have been thinking on these two aspects. N/S and T/F which I consider to be hummm...the base of personality. I have a strong belief in duality and the nature of balance in life....that whole circle of life thingy you hear Natives talking about sometimes.

So I was thinking....you could consider one function simple and the other complex. I shouldn't have to explain that I use those terms in an analytical sense, not a judgmental one. So sensors take in raw data while intuitive take in raw data and filter it with a personal set of criteria which adds layers and nuances to the original data. While neither function is "bad" there are certain upsides and downsides to each function. While a sensor may not have minute variances to their perception, they have less of a chance of being wrong based on personal bias. While an intuitive has a deeper nuanced perception, there is a greater margin for personal bias to color the perception.

I don't know that this explains anything that I sense about MBTI other than a deeper understanding of how the functions work. It just occurred to me though that perhaps whether the function is simple or complex would also be influenced by the J/P function in terms of rigidity. That the ability to manage the "misses" and "hits" and grow from those experiences depends on how readily one is able to process errors in relation to the ability to acknowledge that one's perception is wrong.

Random thoughts.

Edit: I think I would prefer to call I/E and J/P attitudes rather than functions.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I went on the bus today.

I'm a pretty avid people-watcher, so I was looking at everyone. Nobody really noticed. Didn't even seem to realize what was going on around them, because a camera guy from a TV station was recording them with a big hulkin' camera, and a journalist with a notepad was walking over to direct him what to do next.

It seems like people are actually afraid of making eye contact with anyone-- As if this is a dangerous, life-threatening activity. If you look at it objectively, it seems really strange. Like if an alien civilization came down to observe us, they'd be like, ''Why is everyone so self-absorbed and disconnected?''

I usually look at things on a macroscopic level, like the way our society is functioning as a whole, and how it seems dysfunctional. But, you need look no closer than the everyday to see how things could be better.

We seem to be getting better with communication-- Maybe-- Because of the social networking and stuff like that. But, it seems to be disconnecting us at the same time. And good ol' Roman emperors like to 'divide and conquer'...

Thought-spew.
I feel the same way. I go back and forth between thinking we're all screwed as a race and nobody cares and then all I have to see is a video mashup of hugs and then like magic I'm mr positive. My emotions can be pretty roller coaster on the inside even though I'm all smiles on the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Reactions: Word Dispenser
1 - 20 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.