Personality Cafe banner

10061 - 10079 of 10079 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Why'd you have to show me this what do you have against my diet :laughing: ?! I already can't buy peanut butter because I'll just get a spoon and eat it all straight out of the jar, I didn't need to know this existed :laughing:
It is probably the best thing I've ever tasted. Cheat day indulgence.

I've cooked a few of his recipes. I did a pie with eggs, onion, apples and potatoes that he featured.
I really liked it. Have you tried cooking any of his recipes?

Also own a 1800's cookbook in Swedish that I cook from on occasion.
Being a history nut offers some fascinating experiences.. :happy:
It is so good. Now I want some again.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
someone drew this comic to represent their relationship and it gives me EFP ITJ vibes

This person drew a comic of their relationship, and it has some ENFP/INTJ vibes to me.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Sharing a meme with my brother. What I said was, "I saw this and thought it might be up your alley. " What I meant was, "This is kind of pretentious the way you are, I think you'll like it. Enjoy."

·
Registered
Knavish Equerry
1,204 Posts
My ENFJ mother is wonderful, but she wears on me.
Excessive emotional/social narration, without much substance behind it. Everything she feels is external and straightforward...
minimal personal privacy. Whenever I notice myself copying/mimicking her, I am totally drained for absolutely no reason.

·
Registered
15,146 Posts
My ENFJ mother is wonderful, but she wears on me.
Excessive emotional/social narration, without much substance behind it. Everything she feels is external and straightforward...
minimal personal privacy. Whenever I notice myself copying/mimicking her, I am totally drained for absolutely no reason.
I have an enfj mother - I adore her as well but I can relate , she’s overly emotional and overbearing. The bright side about her is I never lack attention or emotional support the negative side about her is that she’s overly attentive and overbearing . Kids often complain about lack of attention I often complain about having too much of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Knavish Equerry
1,204 Posts
I have an enfj mother - I adore her as well but I can relate , she’s overly emotional and overbearing. The bright side about her is I never lack attention or emotional support the negative side about her is that she’s overly attentive and overbearing . Kids often complain about lack of attention I often complain about having too much of it

Same with mine. Emotional support is always there; a permanent institution.
She's not overbearing, persay... just vocal about certain social matters I find trivial.
Which isn't bad, and I guess I'm guilty of it sometimes also.

What was your mother like for you, growing up? Too affectionate?
Just curious.

·
Registered
15,146 Posts
Same with mine. Emotional support is always there; a permanent institution.
She's not overbearing, persay... just vocal about certain social matters I find trivial.
Which isn't bad, and I guess I'm guilty of it sometimes also.

What was your mother like for you, growing up? Too affectionate?
Just curious.
My mom was extremely affectionate and emotionally expressive . In a way I’m lucky bc she trust and loves me a lot and pretty much live for my happiness- I never wanted much of anything due to the love she provided both physically /emotionally and material wise ( Im an only child ), however she’s very needy, always wanting to be near me and gets mad or act left out if I were to hangout with my friends without her , when I have friends over she will come in and talk and wouldn’t let me talk to them - when something is troubling me or if I’m sad or angry about something- she would feel it more deeply more than I do and sometimes would start crying which annoys me bc it’s my problem not hers .
When I started dating - she would wait around for the guy to call me and gets anxious over it and when I’m too relax she’ll question my intentions with the relationship- and it causes me to snap at her and then feel extremely guilty afterwards bc I know that her emotions is the way she show cared but it’s none of her business.
Often time I feel guilt when I’m around her - she really craves being hug- held- words of affirmation and I can’t give her that bc it’s not my way of expression. I wish I could provide that for her but I can’t - I can show my love through action but not the other way . Our personality contradicts one another .
However with that said - I love and admire my mother and I feel lucky to have her as a mom

·
Registered
Knavish Equerry
1,204 Posts
My mom was extremely affectionate and emotionally expressive . In a way I’m lucky bc she trust and loves me a lot and pretty much live for my happiness- I never wanted much of anything due to the love she provided both physically /emotionally and material wise ( Im an only child ), however she’s very needy, always wanting to be near me and gets mad or act left out if I were to hangout with my friends without her , when I have friends over she will come in and talk and wouldn’t let me talk to them - when something is troubling me or if I’m sad or angry about something- she would feel it more deeply more than I do and sometimes would start crying which annoys me bc it’s my problem not hers .
When I started dating - she would wait around for the guy to call me and gets anxious over it and when I’m too relax she’ll question my intentions with the relationship- and it causes me to snap at her and then feel extremely guilty afterwards bc I know that her emotions is the way she show cared but it’s none of her business.
Often time I feel guilt when I’m around her - she really craves being hug- held- words of affirmation and I can’t give her that bc it’s not my way of expression. I wish I could provide that for her but I can’t - I can show my love through action but not the other way . Our personality contradicts one another .
However with that said - I love and admire my mother and I feel lucky to have her as a mom

Huh, interesting.
Somewhat parallels my relationship with my mother... especially the physical/verbal affirmation thing.
She adores hugs, verbal affection, etc... I'm not fantastic at providing it.
It appears ENFPs are, for whatever reason, stereotyped as having "heart-on-the-sleeve" attributes.
Which is majorly false; most of us are comparatively reticent or withdrawn in that regard.
Thanks for sharing!

10061 - 10079 of 10079 Posts