Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted a place to post our ramblings for the day. Any topic that doesn't need it's own thread can come here. Alot of the topics require too much introspection for me too answer and I'm usually at work(now) when I'm browsing the site. Switching from introversion to reality drains me and because I work in a extraverted enviroment I really need to reserve my energy.

I'm noticing that I need two days to recoup energy from a long weekend and it's been this way for quite some time now, anyone else notice this?

·
Banned
1,047 Posts
Good idea.
Don't things get on your nerves sometimes, one minute you're fine then next minute you just go right down. I don't like things skewing my thinking like unexpected noises when I'm trying to work through my thoughts like has happened a few times today. Been a funny day:unsure:

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Yes, great idea! Thank you

Finally I get to disclose my most darkest thoughts and ideas...finally!:

The sky is blue and I like it that way :laughing:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Good idea.
Don't things get on your nerves sometimes, one minute you're fine then next minute you just go right down. I don't like things skewing my thinking like unexpected noises when I'm trying to work through my thoughts like has happened a few times today. Been a funny day:unsure:
This happens to me often, in my case there might be a outside source draining me of my sweet sweet nectar.

Yes, great idea! Thank you

Finally I get to disclose my most darkest thoughts and ideas...finally!:

The sky is blue and I like it that way :laughing:
Shhhhh...don't tell him the sky changes color at night.

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
It does! I once dreamt I was at Jesus' grave and the sky was sparkling purple!!

Yeah.. this thread will get all dark and introspective in no time xD
And what did you do to it? Did you turn Jesus's grave into a banana split?

Oh, this thread definitely needs to become a sticky!

Reactions: doris88

·
Registered
378 Posts
I wanted to eat it as it was tbh- fat, hard as rock blob of gray and shiny. Mooncake with purple syrup. Mmmm I eat everything shiny. D:

But once I was bloated enough my face would turn into a banana split yes, and my body into a cloud.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^Sorry Seeker, if you look at Spook's quote I have you as a "her". Looks like I'm going to have to get the other half of the monocle afterall.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I just started taking some new pills today. Trying herbal stuff since the doctors have failed me.

Most of you probably don't know I've been pretty sick for a while, although nobody really knows from what.

So far I'm taking Fish Oil, A Multivitamin and I just started Ginkgo Biloba and St. John's Wort today. I've been taking the Fish Oil and MV for a while. Considering 5-HTP as well but we'll see. I'll likely give this some time before adding something else, although I could grow impatient soon and buy 5-HTP if I get some money.

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
^^Sorry Seeker, if you look at Spook's quote I have you as a "her". Looks like I'm going to have to get the other half of the monocle afterall.
Dude, if you hadn't pointed that out I would've been oblivious to it. I really need to become more aware of details, even moreso when signing a contract or something. But thanks for pointing that out....I think : )

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wanted to eat it as it was tbh- fat, hard as rock blob of gray and shiny. Mooncake with purple syrup. Mmmm I eat everything shiny. D:

But once I was bloated enough my face would turn into a banana split yes, and my body into a cloud.
Hmm, how did I miss this post?

Zalithian is it physical, mental? Have you tried working out? Yoga, a martial art, jogging?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
It's most likely some kind of chemical imbalance, although nobody has been able to determine what has caused it if anything. I thought possibly it was from a TBI (although I can't remember hitting my head hard on anything)

It started out minor. I just felt a bit spaced out. Then I started having difficulty doing simple things. I would get easily confused. My short term memory started going bye bye.

I used to have the most incredible memory. Not photographic, but I could remember almost anything. Peoples names, everything I would read in a book, random events, random facts and just absorb things without any effort.

Now my short term memory is virtually nonexistent. I feel like I've been drugged up for years. My long term memory has also been severely impaired. I can't remember most of my childhood anymore. Learning new things is now very difficult for me. I used to be an A student when I applied myself. I never had to study for exams. I aced all my finals a couple semesters ago. My last semester I did study and I blanked out and got like C's on all my exams despite being an A student all semester long.

I've been on quite a few medications for it, all psychiatric of course because I must be depressed if they can't find what's wrong. I never thought it was depression and I still don't think that is it although I've battled it a bit here and there.

I thought maybe it was MS or something for a while, maybe even a Tumor since headaches were an everyday thing for months. Scans have been clean.

I haven't been working out to my full capacity again yet. Meditation - I don't know what's wrong with me. I used to do it regularly when I was younger and now it just bothers me. I get very uncomfortable if I'm not moving - this is especially true when I sleep.

·
Banned
656 Posts
It's most likely some kind of chemical imbalance, although nobody has been able to determine what has caused it if anything. I thought possibly it was from a TBI (although I can't remember hitting my head hard on anything)

It started out minor. I just felt a bit spaced out. Then I started having difficulty doing simple things. I would get easily confused. My short term memory started going bye bye.

I used to have the most incredible memory. Not photographic, but I could remember almost anything. Peoples names, everything I would read in a book, random events, random facts and just absorb things without any effort.

Now my short term memory is virtually nonexistent. I feel like I've been drugged up for years. My long term memory has also been severely impaired. I can't remember most of my childhood anymore. Learning new things is now very difficult for me. I used to be an A student when I applied myself. I never had to study for exams. I aced all my finals a couple semesters ago. My last semester I did study and I blanked out and got like C's on all my exams despite being an A student all semester long.

I've been on quite a few medications for it, all psychiatric of course because I must be depressed if they can't find what's wrong. I never thought it was depression and I still don't think that is it although I've battled it a bit here and there.

I thought maybe it was MS or something for a while, maybe even a Tumor since headaches were an everyday thing for months. Scans have been clean.

I haven't been working out to my full capacity again yet. Meditation - I don't know what's wrong with me. I used to do it regularly when I was younger and now it just bothers me. I get very uncomfortable if I'm not moving - this is especially true when I sleep.

My heart goes out to you. Sometimes it is the not knowing that is more disturbing than all of the symptoms. I am fascinated and in deep awe of the people that are on those medical marvel programs on the health channel that go from doctor to doctor until they get the answers and treatment that they so desperately need. I hope you get yours. In the meantime it is good to try alternative therapies with the guidance of your doctor.

I too have fuzzy thinking at times, feel drained, have an excellent long term but shoddy short term memory. The shoddy memory is more a selective memory in my opinion. I am terrible with names and some other types of info but I always attributed that to the fact that I am too busy collecting other types of information in particular emotional. I am constantly taking note of people's body language, inflection/tone, smells, and their personal stories. I remember what you look like and all the medical/emotional history you give me in a conversation but heck if I can remember all or part of your name.

The mental fuzziness is definitely a warning sign to me. Usually means there is an unhealthy person(s) around me. They are highly sarcastic in language, make sly digs at you or people around you, people who have no problem lying, cheating or stealing to get what they want. I have not always worked in the best of places and my health suffered for it. But this is not a constant and usually symptoms clear up when I remove myself from the situation and engage in healthy activities like quite prayer, drinking plenty of water, taking a nap or long shower, making sure I take my vitamins/herbs, moderate exercise etc.

They can give you pills all the live long day but you really have to restructure your life to maintain the health you desperately need to live a full productive life. Be kind and patient with yourself.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Zalithian I can't even begin to grasp what you're going thru. I think CuritadeRana is on to something, the change of scene. Maybe try to meditate outside. The only thing I can do is send you some good thoughts and positve energy(I'm not trying to be corny:laughing:).

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
I need to stay focused. Truly, the internet can be a blessing or a curse...in this case it's a curse.

Reactions: Female INFJ

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I love Cartmans version of poker face

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hmm, this type stuff is getting eerie, I recall yet another event. During some training at work someone noticed the great care I take in choosing the right words :tongue: .

Actually, I am waiting for my rice to cook and eatse it with chop sticks :proud: .

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm hungary.

Anyone ever been to Mexico City D.F? I'll be there in May, not sure of what to check out.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts