Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
I was wondering today why they haven't discovered a way to transplant a fetus from a woman that wants to abort into another woman's womb that can't produce eggs.....

·
Administrator
ESFJ
22,383 Posts
Today I observed myself being a total retard:

My brother's friend came over to get help using his laptop yesterday and stayed for 4 hours (which I was blisteringly aware of) I put 35 gig of music on his HD while I was at it. He made a time to come and get me today to help him shop for accessories for his laptop. The whole thing only took a couple of hours today (better). Just as he was leaving he casually asked if I wanted to catch up next week for dinner...I said yeah sure.

After he left my head went...wait.....was that a date?

I sat for an hour and thought about it...not sure I rang my brother. I asked him if his mate ever told him he liked me....he said nah...phew I said...then he said wait...what happened? I told him...an he nearly wet himself laughing....he said I think he likes you little blister. :mellow:

:shocked:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

My brother's friend came over to get help using his laptop yesterday and stayed for 4 hours (which I was blisteringly aware of) I put 35 gig of music on his HD while I was at it. He made a time to come and get me today to help him shop for accessories for his laptop. The whole thing only took a couple of hours today (better). Just as he was leaving he casually asked if I wanted to catch up next week for dinner...I said yeah sure.

I sat for an hour and thought about it...not sure I rang my brother. I asked him if his mate ever told him he liked me....he said nah...phew I said...then he said wait...what happened? I told him...an he nearly wet himself laughing....he said I think he likes you little blister. :mellow:

Stuff like that happens to me too...luckily not with dates though.

Reactions: beth x

·
Administrator
ESFJ
22,383 Posts
Have a meal and GTFO? :blushed:

I'll take it as a thankyou for doing all that work for him and saving him a lot of cash on his purchases.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Looking at Turquoise's avatar makes me wonder if a butterfly was killed to make it.

I hope not

:(

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Combining your lives can cost you your freedom.

It's it pity that you're uncomfortable because I don't seek everyone's approval..

·
Registered
215 Posts
I was wondering today why they haven't discovered a way to transplant a fetus from a woman that wants to abort into another woman's womb that can't produce eggs.....
I am guessing it has to do with how vascular the placenta is. Even with in-utero surgery there is a high risk to the fetus and the recipient would require surgery, in-vitro is less risky. Also, you have now just cut through the uterus increasing the chance of it rupturing and increasing the recipient chances of a c-section. Possibly you could try transplanting an embryo trans-vaginally through the cervix but still run into the problem of the embryo not surviving, the cost and attaching a highly vascular structure. It sounds like a good idea in that it saves babies and gives them to mother who want them, it is just not feasible or cost effective.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
I am guessing it has to do with how vascular the placenta is. Even with in-utero surgery there is a high risk to the fetus and the recipient would require surgery, in-vitro is less risky. Also, you have now just cut through the uterus increasing the chance of it rupturing and increasing the recipient chances of a c-section. Possibly you could try transplanting an embryo trans-vaginally through the cervix but still run into the problem of the embryo not surviving, the cost and attaching a highly vascular structure. It sounds like a good idea in that it saves babies and gives them to mother who want them, it is just not feasible or cost effective.
I appreciate you taking the time to explain this to me :happy:

I also imagine there is the potential for psychological issues of being transplanted into another woman's womb... issues of rejection and what not.

·
Registered
215 Posts

I had a friend and we did stuff like that, I never thought anything about it. Then one day he was pissed at me because I cut class(college) with another guy and he thought we were dating. I told him I was sorry but I had not got the memo. We had never even kissed or held hands. He was surprised and just stood there looking at me dumbly. So I asked if that is what he wanted and he continued to stare and shrugged. I just said okay, I will not do it again. He also never really proposed either. We were discussing what we wanted to do with our lives and marrying me was the third bullet on his list. Couple of months later he just pulled into Shane Co and said we were getting me a ring.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
How do you think they would be different from the issues related to adoption? I am curious.
Oh, of course there would be similar issues. I just assume that there would be a higher potential for psychological damage. Perhaps it's because the child is then seen as a medical procedure rather than an act of nature so to speak. Though the same could be said for IVF, just not to the same extremities.

Ethics would come into questions such as comparing a fetus to just another organ donation.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Maybe they harvested the wings after it died of natural causes.:tongue:
I like this idea!

Let's just play naive and believe it :D

1 - 20 of 105 Posts