Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I'm able to train for a job remotely, why do I need to be able to work in their office once the training period is up? If I can learn the job and get my work done at home, why do I need to go to the office every day?

Why do I need to have webcam access and have my face on someone's screen when dialing into a conference call from my phone would suffice?

Why are most of the remote jobs either call center jobs that hardly pay anything or IT roles when just about any office job that primarily uses a computer and phone could get done in any quiet environment by someone with their own computer, reliable internet access, and a mobile phone?

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
lmao I got a call today from a remote job I applied to last week. Turns out it's only remote during the pandemic and then will be in their office several states away. If I can get the work done from home during the pandemic, I can get it done from home any time. I HATE PEOPLE!

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
My company just laid out their "return to the office" plan in 4 stages. Anyone that could work from home has been since Mid March. At the end of the 4 step plan (August at the soonest), anyone that still feels they need to work from home, or merely want to, can do so if they take a 10% pay cut. Their reasoning is that the employee will be saving on gas, mileage, and parking (which of course is no where near 10%). They followed with the clear statement that productivity is still supposed to be at 100%. They are selling it like a benefit, but the company is the one to profit here.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My company just laid out their "return to the office" plan in 4 stages. Anyone that could work from home has been since Mid March. At the end of the 4 step plan (August at the soonest), anyone that still feels they need to work from home, or merely want to, can do so if they take a 10% pay cut. Their reasoning is that the employee will be saving on gas, mileage, and parking (which of course is no where near 10%). They followed with the clear statement that productivity is still supposed to be at 100%. They are selling it like a benefit, but the company is the one to profit here.
I recently calculated my expenses and since I surprisingly have a decent amount of savings at the end of each month, I'd gladly take a 10% pay cut if it means I don't have people interrupting me all day and can do household chores during my work day. I'd probably need to forget about the 2 extra mortgage payments per year I wanted to make, but at least it would be much easier for me to look for new employment. I could also downgrade my car insurance.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts