Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sharing some thoughts isn't worth the creation of a thread, and we take issue with a lot of things throughout our day. This thread can act as a place to speak your mind without being self-conscious.

Rant: I can't stand the relationship managers are allowed to have with me. I volunteer for shifts and towards the end of a shift I speak about how I need to leave on time due to school work (I do 30 hours of work + full-time school) and they tell me indirectly "tough shit". I decided to stop caring for their well-being for the afternoon and left them to do my job since they obviously don't care about my well-being. I don't like not caring for others, but if they're going to be stubborn assholes I'm going to have to start restraining myself on how kind I should be to them, instead draw a line in the sand.

EDIT: To be clear, I only left them to do 1/3 of my job as I was busy with the 2/3 that gets me out of the building faster. The 1/3 of work left to them determines their ratings in which they're judged upon.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
I'm learning that most people have no idea what a Sexual One is, as opposed to a Social or Self-Preservation One.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm learning that most people have no idea what a Sexual One is, as opposed to a Social or Self-Preservation One.
I think many enneagram followers have trouble identifying the variants. I haven't been successful in understanding variant stacking's place in my personality typing to follow the theory myself. When I spoke to you I EDIT: told you everything regarding 1s and nothing completely inaccurate. END EDIT

That's a great quote btw! Zapp Brannigan FTW!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Dear 3,

I do appreciate that you always seem on guard to make sure I don't do too much myself, but I think I could have improved the way this thing was done.

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
I'm sick and tired of eating all those damn chocolate muffins down in the commissary. They buy them and I eat them. They buy some more and I eat them again. I'm a chocolate muffin EATING MACHINE. I can feel the sugar in my veins killing me...

On a more serious note, why do people "follow their hearts" instead of their heads? This stupid "it felt right" nonsense is beginning to piss me off. I'm tired of seeing friends stick with guys who are assholes because they think if they follow the Hollywood plan it'll all work out in the end. I'm tired of watching people flounder for jobs because they feel bottom of the food chain work is beneath their artistic capablities. They want to be producers and CEOs and multimillionaires NOW because their parents told them that's what they deserve. They don't want to put in the work that goes behind success because it "feels dull" or "seems boring."

I'm sick of parents who think parenting means being their child's best friend. I'm sick of people who don't socialize their dogs properly. I'm sick of friends who bitch that others shouldn't abuse the system and then live off their parents' credit cards. I'm sick of people who sit in coffee shops with Macs and RayBands and tell you they're not unemployed, they're just "freelance." I'm sick of people who don't have opinions and reduce every basic conversation into some self-absorbed existential bullshit crisis.

I'm sick of angst and drama and the fairy-tale dreams of every girl who grew up believing the Disney channel was an accurate representation of real life.

Most of all, I'm sick of people who take something simple and make it ridiculously complicated. Yes, new landlord, I am talking about you.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
People who take issue with prejudice every time they have the chance piss me off because they've got to start an argument over stupid shit. When a girl walks past them in a short skirt on the street you know that person thinking prejudice thoughts. Judgment is underrated, people need to stop acting like we should be afraid of it.

I'm sick of people who don't socialize their dogs properly.
And fuck you. My Sugar only doesn't like bad people. You just have to trust their judgment.

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
People who take issue with prejudice every time they have the chance piss me off because they've got to start an argument over stupid shit. When a girl walks past them in a short skirt on the street you know that person thinking prejudice thoughts. Judgment is underrated, people need to stop acting like we should be afraid of it.

And fuck you. My Sugar only doesn't like bad people. You just have to trust their judgment.

Hahahaha. So much win.

It's true, though. A lot of people need to grow a pair and accept that people will ALWAYS judge each other. It's how you respond that matters.

Reactions: Wake

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think one of the most interesting fields I could go into would be philosophy. I have no idea what kind of world view I would come out with. I honestly think given all of the need to think and plot out subjective matters that I would drive myself insane over time (probably a decade).

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Managers at work decided to micromanage people because they have a belief of how things should go without looking into the details of its effect on the system. My system goes to hell and I blister in frustration that I got fucked by a superior. If things continue as they are quitting will be a better option than staying, and savings will just take the hit.

I did make this thread just for me. I had no intention of sharing it, but you've all caught onto that obviously.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Managers at work decided to micromanage people because they have a belief of how things should go without looking into the details of its effect on the system. My system goes to hell and I blister in frustration that I got fucked by a superior. If things continue as they are quitting will be a better option than staying, and savings will just take the hit.
YES.
If I understand correctly, you work in the restaurant business too, right?
If I have one more idiot manager come up to me and micromanage me, I might scream. I am the one who knows how to do things most efficiently in my area of the kitchen, thanks!
What really killed me was when I was trying to get a 30-top out, and one of the other cooks and I were on the same wavelength. We had a smooth system going on and it was working out perfectly. However, the owner decided to come up behind me and stick his big far oar in for no apparent reason (as if it was my first day or something), and of course I had to do it his way. I ground my teeth the entire time.
Sigh.
One of these days, he's getting an earful.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
YES.
If I understand correctly, you work in the restaurant business too, right?
If I have one more idiot manager come up to me and micromanage me, I might scream. I am the one who knows how to do things most efficiently in my area of the kitchen, thanks!
What really killed me was when I was trying to get a 30-top out, and one of the other cooks and I were on the same wavelength. We had a smooth system going on and it was working out perfectly. However, the owner decided to come up behind me and stick his big far oar in for no apparent reason (as if it was my first day or something), and of course I had to do it his way. I ground my teeth the entire time.
Sigh.
One of these days, he's getting an earful.
It's best to let things go to hell and let them ask why, then you can walk through how exactly things have gone wrong. I find the process to be the most incredibly frustrating thing I've ever had to deal with, because you must harm the system to help it through making problems transparent.

In my case, the manager making the change was one of 5, and a lower level manager. I plead to the 2nd assistant GM with the GM in the room and I think I made my point well enough so that he will make the change or really monitor an experiment and learn the hard way.

Dealing with owners is risky business because they have a real ego on them, as corporate management really wants you to stay and do a good job for them. I use them 1/2 as a way to create change, and another 1/2 to vent my frustrations and feel like I'm making change :D

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rant: Studies are killing me. I say "I really don't want to do this wrong because I need it to get the best grade possible", but when I go to write it I run into an issue and get hung up on it then distracted and lose time. I hate all forms of English composition class!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Rant:
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words cut deeper than swords.
Without loyalty there can be no betrayal. There are many times I think the only reason I stayed was because you asked me not to leave, and now you threaten to? Your words may have been carefully chosen, but they are not without sting, and not without repercussion. If you make good, I will not hesitate to cut you off completely.

Rave:
Making a spreadsheet to layout this script has been super useful, and I think I'm going to do this every time in the future now.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Rant:
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words cut deeper than swords.
Without loyalty there can be no betrayal. There are many times I think the only reason I stayed was because you asked me not to leave, and now you threaten to? Your words may have been carefully chosen, but they are not without sting, and not without repercussion. If you make good, I will not hesitate to cut you off completely.

Rave:
Making a spreadsheet to layout this script has been super useful, and I think I'm going to do this every time in the future now.
That rave seemed to pale in comparison to the rant. I hope for the best in your relationship, not that I truly understand it.

Random: Boss (likely aggressive 3) told me today "Life is a bunch of favors" I didn't know what to make of that phrase until I thought about it more. The man is pretty good about getting his promotions, and I suspect this exchange of favors is what he relies on. My buddy who is a 3 also does this often, cares to do many favors and always is ready to try to get something in return to achieve a goal, a utilitarian approach and it makes me sick.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
That rave seemed to pale in comparison to the rant. I hope for the best in your relationship, not that I truly understand it.

Random: Boss (likely aggressive 3) told me today "Life is a bunch of favors" I didn't know what to make of that phrase until I thought about it more. The man is pretty good about getting his promotions, and I suspect this exchange of favors is what he relies on. My buddy who is a 3 also does this often, cares to do many favors and always is ready to try to get something in return to achieve a goal, a utilitarian approach and it makes me sick.
My Sifu is always talking about "the more you give, the more you receive" and yesterday included giving favors in that idea. I think he has both a 3 and 7 in his tritype. I suppose you could approach it with the goal of having people in your debt, but I do not see this as his goal. Giving builds relationships. I suppose there are very different motives you could have for time/effort given. In any case though, you're likely to receive more because of it.

And yes, it's resolved. A friend said something he really didn't mean, and really regrets.

Reactions: Wake

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Random:

I had a dream that I was getting a hotel room. My room was outside, and the weather was cold and wet. I went to the front desk to ask about getting the new room. The lady wasn't sure if she'd be able to provide a different one. When talking to her, I became so angry, I attacked her. Immediately I backed off. What have I done? I apologized to her and told her I had just been very tired and frustrated because of the state of my room.

Seemed Type 1ish tho.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Rant: I am trying to stop a disintegration to type 4. I feel like I've been moping for too long and enjoying the melancholy (even though I don't like being sad). I need not to lose my motivation and I need to make my inner critic shut up because it's causing me to make mistakes out of anxiety.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Rant: I can't stand anymore. I can't stand people who abuse of my sense of responsability, make me carry them in my back, and then when I ask for a bit of understanding, for 1/10 of the understanding and respect I give... I'm unheard. I can't stand anymore swallowing my emotions all the time, rationalizing everything, being reasonable all the time, just for some piece of shit abuse of my integrity without giving any fuckin' respect to me. I'm sick of this feeling that no one is trying as hard as I am, I deal with so much suffering without losing my head and self-control, why the fuck are you bitching for something so small?

Perhaps the mistake is mine. I am the one who shouldn't be swallowing so much agony in order to guarantee things will be fine and right. I'd just like you to know your effort is nothing in comparison to what you've put me through, I wish it could be just a little bit reciprocal, you stupid little shit.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Rant: Bleh, MBTI people tell me that I am Si dom, therefore, I know my surroundings better than most. I work a system for a result. We all memorize our surroundings, and we all try to apply what we know worked in the past to what is now, it's called a method. MBTI is stupid for acting like they know the details of the dynamics of my thought process without understanding my values, or my genetic makeup. What is the Forer Effect?

I made a thread about this topic here: http://personalitycafe.com/general-psychology/87273-how-you-understand-yourself-fit-into-personality-typing.html#post2158790

EDIT: I think 1/2 the reason I'm a 1 is because I try to control myself constantly to make the right decision. My mind constantly wonders when I'm not enthusiastic about studies, and I find myself checking in on PerC because it's interesting, the conversation. I am always having trouble with this because I just get tired of the constant requirements of four tough classes. The routine is exhausting and the expectations aren't lessening. idk I need to stop being a wuss about it and learn to push myself more.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts