Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it do you think that it is, that the vast majority of rappers are ESTP's?

Snoop Dogg- ESTP

Young Jeezy- ESTP

Eazy E- ESTP

Ice Cube- ESTP

Dr. Dre- ESTP

P. Diddy- ESTP

The list goes on and on.

·
Registered
836 Posts
i think that people tend to congregate in certain jobs based on type. i work in a library, and by and large, we're all introverts. and disproportionately INFx types.

basically, you do what you're good at.

ESTPs are good at extemporaneous thinking. they also can perform well (being straight-talkers and doers who live in the moment) AND the third key point - they love being the center of attention.

kind of makes sense that they love and excel at rapping. again, you do what you're good at.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'd say mostly Ni doms (particularly from the ones I've read), there are probably some Ne doms as well - making lyrics requires creativity with language (an abstraction) so it makes more sense that most rappers would be dominant intuitors. Also, Ni-doms (particularly INFJ) can be very adept at pulling of an 'SP-like' persona .

·
Registered
181 Posts
Most rappers probably are ESTP, but I think a lot of them aren't.

Kid Cudi - INFP
Drake - ESFP
Kanye West - ENFP
Eminem - INFP
Jay-Z - ExTJ
Lil Wayne - ENFJ
Lupe Fiasco - ENFP
50 Cent - ISTJ
2Pac - ENFP
Nas - INTP

Rappers that I think are ESTP that you didn't mention:

Biggie
Rick Ross
T.I.
Ludacris
Fabolous
And probably a shitload of others, but I don't really pay attention to rappers because most of them are full of shit and put out garbage music (including some of the people I mentioned).

I might be wrong about some of the types, because I'm not very good at typing and I don't know a lot about some of these guys.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Well, I usually think of ESP's in general as being the most outgoing, fun-loving, wanting to enjoy and live up the moment of all of the types. A lot of popular rap music, including the rapping of most of the ESTP rappers you mentioned, fits right in with that party and have fun vibe. I would imagine a lot of rock stars are also ESP's.

And since rap has a certain toughness and bravado to it, thinking seems to be more fitting than feeling. A lot of the more misogynistic, materialistic and violent rap doesn't seem to have much of a feeling connection.

However, as Shine mentioned, not all rap is the same, and there are certainly very introspective, more sensitive, and more politically aimed rappers.

Eminem raps a lot about his own personal issues, and his more violent raps are even very imaginative and like telling a far-fetched story. Lupe Fiasco raps a lot about serious situations, not violence, drugs and sex. Kid Cudi and Kanye West show a lot of vulnerability and introspection in their rapping. Drake is more of an R and B singer than most rappers, so it's fitting that he would be a feeler.

So for all of them I can easily see why they wouldn't be ESTP's.

I wonder what Andre 3000 is? He could be an INFP, which would be very interesting for a rapper.

Reactions: Plaxico and Shine

·
Registered
7,384 Posts

Kid Cudi - INFP
Drake - ESFP
Kanye West - ENFP
Eminem - INFP
Jay-Z - ExTJ
Lil Wayne - ENFJ
Lupe Fiasco - ENFP
50 Cent - ISTJ
2Pac - ENFP
Nas - INTP

Biggie
Rick Ross
T.I.
Ludacris
Fabolous
And probably a shitload of others, but I don't really pay attention to rappers because most of them are full of shit and put out garbage music (including some of the people I mentioned).

I might be wrong about some of the types, because I'm not very good at typing and I don't know a lot about some of these guys.
I believe 50 is an E.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I don't know but they ballin' and going hard! (haha, just being dumb) I love gansta rap though, no joke.
What about Nicki Minaj?!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I believe 50 is an E.
I remember watching an interview with him and he said that his friends would be partying downstairs all the time at his house, and he'd be upstairs sleeping or working and that he isn't as sociable as people would think. That's why I said he's an introvert. I don't know why I watched it, because I can't stand 50 Cent.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Why is it do you think that it is, that the vast majority of rappers are ESTP's?

Snoop Dogg- ESTP

Young Jeezy- ESTP

Eazy E- ESTP

Ice Cube- ESTP

Dr. Dre- ESTP

P. Diddy- ESTP

The list goes on and on.
I think Snoop Dogg is an ISTP(or one REALLY chill ESTP) and Dr Dre from what I know of him seems to be an introvert, but the rest seem right. Rappers like to talk about their realities and what they are going through in their lyrics, they like realism, maybe that appeals to Se and Ti. It might be that the image of a tough macho ESTP is appealing to the hip hop culture, so they make a facade.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Kid Cudi - INFP
Drake - ESFP
Kanye West - ENFP
Eminem - INFP
Jay-Z - ExTJ
Lil Wayne - ENFJ
Lupe Fiasco - ENFP
50 Cent - ISTJ
2Pac - ENFP
Nas - INTP

Biggie
Rick Ross
T.I.
Ludacris
Fabolous

I think that Jay Z is an ENTJ. I also believe that eminem is INFJ. I do believe that 50 cent is an ESTP as well though, he is no SJ. I share your belief that lil Wayne is an intuitive. The rest of the list I agreed with

Reactions: Shine

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think that Jay Z is an ENTJ. I also believe that eminem is INFJ. I do believe that 50 cent is an ESTP as well though, he is no SJ. I share your belief that lil Wayne is an intuitive. The rest of the list I agreed with
Yeah, I was leaning towards ENTJ for Jay-Z but I wasn't sure.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

Snoop Dogg- ESTP

Young Jeezy- ESTP

Eazy E- ESTP

Ice Cube- ESTP

Dr. Dre- ESTP

P. Diddy- ESTP

The list goes on and on.
Snoop: ISTP
Biggie: ESTP
Big Boi: ESTP
Ice Cube: ESTP
P.Diddy: ESTJ
Ludacris: ESTP
Jay-Z: xNTJ
Andre 3000: ISFP
Fabolous: ISTx
Kanye West: ESFP
Lupe Fiasco: xNFP
Tupac: ENFx
Kid Cudi: INFP
Lil Wayne: eSFJ
50 Cents: iSfJ
Cee Lo: ESFP
Young Jeezy: ISTJ
Eazy E: ESTJ
Nicki Minaj: xSTP

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think Snoop Dogg is an ISTP(or one REALLY chill ESTP) and Dr Dre from what I know of him seems to be an introvert, but the rest seem right. Rappers like to talk about their realities and what they are going through in their lyrics, they like realism, maybe that appeals to Se and Ti. It might be that the image of a tough macho ESTP is appealing to the hip hop culture, so they make a facade.
How the hell is Snoop an ISTP? Snoop uses more Se than any individual that I have ever laid eyes upon. However, I think that DMX is a definite ISTP.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Lil' Wayne an ENFP?
Not so sure about that!
To me it's very clear that most rappers are ESTPs. I must admit I listen to female rappers like Missy Elliott and Lil' Kim, and yeah, they're ESTPs, although I do find a bit of ENTP at times...

·
Banned
1,174 Posts

Snoop Dogg- ESTP

Young Jeezy- ESTP

Eazy E- ESTP

Ice Cube- ESTP

Dr. Dre- ESTP

P. Diddy- ESTP

The list goes on and on.
They're not.
Most rappers try to look like estp's how many actually are I couldn't tell you.

Reactions: youngandbaroque

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lil' Wayne an ENFP?
Not so sure about that!
To me it's very clear that most rappers are ESTPs. I must admit I listen to female rappers like Missy Elliott and Lil' Kim, and yeah, they're ESTPs, although I do find a bit of ENTP at times...
I dare you to name me one ENTP rapper.

They're not.
Most rappers try to look like estp's how many actually are I couldn't tell you.
I believe that most rappers are ESTP. I believe that you are wrong.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The thing about rappers is you have to compare their lyrical content with how they act on a talk show (preferably not on BET. They will put up a front) and check out their background. A lot of Rappers put up a front which is ESTP/J IF they are coming out with the typical gangster stuff. The old old skool guys I think had more varying personalities as the gangsta rap genre wasn't really what was defining rap. Political or socially conscious rap I think gives you ISTJ/P/INTJ/INTP and even some NF/SF if you check out the less popular stuff, like the artist who incorporate jazz/rnb or are more spoken word. Seriously, Hip hop/Rap can have all types. I just think a lot of the rappers everyone sees are SP wannabes.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts