Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys rationalize your procrastination?

I've been procrastinating hard for the past few weeks, and I don't even have an excuse, I'm just too high to care.

Do I even need an excuse?

Reactions: Cover3

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
I say that I'm postponing action and/or decision making until I gather more information. Of course, the information gathering process takes forEVER... :tongue:

·
Registered
692 Posts
I think I'll post a reply to this thread later. After I hug the cat, and oh yeah. I need to plant a few things in the garden, but I need to read up on how how much cold Crotons can take first. I think I'm hungry, so I'll get something to eat first, but I don't have any clean dishes so I think I'll wander around town and see what restaurant sounds good before I was going to do something.

*checks the weather online*
*emails pretty girl*
*pretty girl calls and we talk for three hours*

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
i never rationalize it, It is irrational, i just accept it for what it is. and the lack of care follows

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hells no! Procrastinating is an ART! Be proud of it.
Sometimes when I've put something off 'til the last possible window of time I need to get it done, then find out
that the deadline has been extended, I get so ANNOYED that all my beautiful procrastination has been wasted.
Then I have to start again.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Yep

·
Registered
856 Posts
That show is so ridiculously funny I can't even deal with it.

"Jez" is one of the best characters I've ever seen in a TV comedy.
The one liners are hilarious. Especially Super Hans's. I just about died when he said, "People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people, Jeremy."

I've been puzzling this over essentially since it happened but I can't think of an answer. Why does Mark get all the stick for "jilting" Sophie when if anything she jilted him? She ran out of the car saying, "He's horrible." Not the other way around. Any ideas? Unless Sophie's just spreading rumours so she doesn't look like the bad guy. Which is a very Sophie thing to do. She's such a douche bag.

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
The one liners are hilarious. Especially Super Hans's. I just about died when he said, "People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people, Jeremy."

I've been puzzling this over essentially since it happened but I can't think of an answer. Why does Mark get all the stick for "jilting" Sophie when if anything she jilted him? She ran out of the car saying, "He's horrible." Not the other way around. Any ideas? Unless Sophie's just spreading rumours so she doesn't look like the bad guy. Which is a very Sophie thing to do. She's such a douche bag.
It's spelled "Super Hans?" But Hans is pronounced "hahntz"...

Wait, what? Mark is like straight up insane. The fact that he even has any kind of girlfriend is part of the joke of the show... Like the whole Dobby ordeal...

I typed him as a particularly crazy ISTJ.

·
Banned
649 Posts
I'll put this off for later. I have more important, urgent things to attend to in life and I'm going to finish it eventually.

*Suddenly remembers a deadline for the next day and starts working for the deadline while procrastinating for the other thing (irony much?).

·
Registered
101 Posts
I procrastinate because I work better under pressure. The BS machine just doesn't function properly if I've still got plenty of time before a deadline. Also, I love the feeling of stress. It forces me to become as efficient as possible. One of my only redeeming qualities is that I can keep remarkably cool under pressure and stress, and I get a bit of a kick out of watching other people freak out while I get in the zone.

·
Registered
856 Posts
It's spelled "Super Hans?" But Hans is pronounced "hahntz"...

Wait, what? Mark is like straight up insane. The fact that he even has any kind of girlfriend is part of the joke of the show... Like the whole Dobby ordeal...

I typed him as a particularly crazy ISTJ.
Yeah, it's spelt Super Hans. Google it.

Do you reckon? I don't think Mark's that insane. Socially dysfunctional, but pretty normal. Jez is weirder. And Super Hans is on his very own level. That said, they both initially think when meeting any girl ever, "Maybe she's the one." Is that a normal guy thing or is it a Peep Show thing?

I think Jez might be an ESFP. I'm not too sure though.

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
Yeah, it's spelt Super Hans. Google it.

Do you reckon? I don't think Mark's that insane. Socially dysfunctional, but pretty normal. Jez is weirder. And Super Hans is on his very own level. That said, they both initially think when meeting any girl ever, "Maybe she's the one." Is that a normal guy thing or is it a Peep Show thing?

I think Jez might be an ESFP. I'm not too sure though.
Mark peed in his boss' drawer for no good reason!!

I don't think Mark is scary crazy, and I guess you're right in that toward the end, of the 5th or 6th series, Sophie starts messing around a lot, but in general I think Sophie's really nice to Mark given some of his odd behaviors.

I find both Mark and Jez oddly loveable, though. The series almost forces you to relate to them.

Jez is definitely an ESFP! Good call.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I don't rationalize it... because that would require me acknowledging it first, and it doesn't exist.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Well you could say you work better under pressure.
Or you could say I'm not procrastinating, I'm right on time to do ___(fill in the blank with pointless work you are doing).

Or if they still don't accept it just say, "I'm not procrastinating.....yet." You are procrastinating the procrastination. And so since they see procrastination as a negative it is a double negative and cancels out.

..my fill in the blank is making up excuses for procrastinating.

·
Registered
729 Posts
So... you're saying it doesn't affect you or... you don't personally see it as an issue?
The question was 'how do we rationalize procrastination" I said I don't .. because I would have to acknowledge it first.
Basically, I'm in denial.

In other words, I do procrastinate. I just don't say I'm procrastinating or try to justify it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts