Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: When I say INFJ you...

@Idan of Europa started a similar thread in the INFJ forum. I thought it would be interesting and fun to mirror the gesture.

So....

When I say INFJ, the first thing that comes to your mind is _________.

:kitteh:

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Sex

no but seriously. The first thing that comes to mind is Armin Van Buuren and his music. For whatever reason I have it engrained my my mind he's INFJ. Also the image of my 9th grade gf's face.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sex

no but seriously. The first thing that comes to mind is Armin Van Buuren and his music. For whatever reason I have it engrained my my mind he's INFJ. Also the image of my 9th grade gf's face.
This has got me wonder why you started the original thread in the INFJ forum. :p

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
I am a man of many reasons too complex for you to fathom. In other words I don't really know what goes on in my mind or why I do things anymore. *sigh*

·
Registered
583 Posts
I am a man of many reasons too complex for you to fathom. In other words I don't really know what goes on in my mind or why I do things anymore. *sigh*

Quoting for being word-for-word what an ESTP told me last week.
Is this why you guys are obsessed with searching for the meaningfulness of your actions? INFJs are obsessed with meaning, period.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
I mean, I don't really search for meaningfulness on purpose. Its not like I wake up in the morning like you guys and say, "dear diary, the purpose of my actions today were..."

I'm just saying I make decisions so quickly I honestly couldn't remember why I chose to do what I did.

Other times I'm just bored and throw things out there to see what happens.

Also sometimes I know exactly why I choose to do things.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Ranting and raving... jk. Actually, I can't help thinking INFJs believe I'm "stupid" in a lot of ways. And I also can't help thinking that INFJs are "clever" in a lot of ways. Even though the chances are I have the bigger IQ (circa 140).

Also I think INFJs seem to value any individual life very highly but the value of a large crowd very low. I know an INFJ who loves to play Real Time Strategy games but still treats an individual "soul" like it's sacred.

·
Registered
583 Posts
lmfao, you sure you've actually met some ESTPs? Meaningfulness to our actions? The main reason behind my actions is to have fun and enjoy life.
I guess I was implying as you get older. The older ones I've met have this kind of "I've done/do all this stuff, but what was it all for/what does it all mean" broodiness about them.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I guess I was implying as you get older. The older ones I've met have this kind of "I've done/do all this stuff, but what was it all for/what does it all mean" broodiness about them.

Sounds like depression, and regretting not doing more "meaningful" things in their life. I live by "no regrets". If the things I do happen to be meaningful to me as I get older, great. If not, well then at least I had a kickass time while doing them.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Love :kitteh:

When I think ESTP first word that comes to mind is fight.

And lovers and fighters are opposites :tongue:

As much as I'm a sweetheart there's plenty of times I want to kickass too though. It just tends to be in the form of daydreams instead of actually doing it :laughing:

Which can be frustrating when you don't have an outlet but anyways... :rolleyes:

And I'm not saying ESTPs go around picking fights with people. It's just the first word that comes to mind.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts