Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were to be involved in a tense situation involving emotional people (women) overreacting, dramatizing and resorting to physical violence and you had no option of just leaving and were forced to take part in the mess, how would you react?

As things escalated and people were screaming (you being not directly involved but stuck in the situation) and violence ensued would you step back and think about what to do or just react?

Since they are women you have to tread very lightly if you are to intervene with force, so think carefully.

Would you step back, think, and make good decisions, or jump in without thinking?

I stayed perfectly calm and made good decisions even under very adverse conditions, but first stepped back and let valuable time pass, while and ENTP immediately reacted, but made poor decisions.

Side note- The part about the emotional people being women is not intended to be derogatory, it is how the scenario actually played out.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm a woman but I still wouldn't get physically involved because whenever a fight ensues everyone gets reprimanded. (This is assuming this happened at your place of work and you want to keep your job.)

I'd just step out of the room and call the cops, and then hopefully I have a flask of vodka in my purse to make the wait worthwhile.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Happened in a house between a family, but not mine.

·
Registered
410 Posts
If you were to be involved in a tense situation involving emotional people (women) overreacting, dramatizing and resorting to physical violence and you had no option of just leaving and were forced to take part in the mess, how would you react?

As things escalated and people were screaming (you being not directly involved but stuck in the situation) and violence ensued would you step back and think about what to do or just react?

Since they are women you have to tread very lightly if you are to intervene with force, so think carefully.

Would you step back, think, and make good decisions, or jump in without thinking?

I stayed perfectly calm and made good decisions even under very adverse conditions, but first stepped back and let valuable time pass, while and ENTP immediately reacted, but made poor decisions.

Side note- The part about the emotional people being women is not intended to be derogatory, it is how the scenario actually played out.
Why was I involved in a tense situation involving emotion people (women). Why were they overeacting, why were they causing drama, and why were they resorting to violence of all things (it has to be pretty bad to get to this), and why am I being prevented from taking part in it?

As it stands, at this moment I don't know why these people are reacting the way they are, but I'm forced to watch from the sidelines. Therefor I stay off to the side and let them beat the tar out of each other. Avoid eye contact and it is unlikely someone is going to attack me since their self loathing and wrath is directed at each other. Because I mean, if they really are resorting to this under any circumstance and I'm not already involved, they're doing it for reasons that don't concern me, I'ms taying out of it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Girlfriends family. I stayed out of it as much as I could, but had to intervene at one point. At which point I was basically belittled by an old bitch. Two psycho female attackers attacking another female.Myself and the ENTP male and two kids were spectators. I stayed out until ENTP male had one attacker subdued. Then attacker #2 began her assault, at which point I blocked her and said if she moved again I was calling cops, which was intended to distract while victim escaped. Once cops were mentioned she began her belittling spree on me, then tried to corner victim who kicked her and ran. Then I looked at kicked attacker, who was acting like she was hurt to test our reactions, and said "I'll never interact with you again" and walked out nonchalantly. These are all full-on adults by the way. Pathetic.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The two females are out of control ISFJ who should be imprisoned.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Sergeant Schultz: "I know nuttink!"

And leave it at that.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
I'd grab my girlfriend and throw her in my car for some rage sex while the family beat the shit out of each other.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
I have a flask of vodka in my purse to make the wait worthwhile.
For medicinal purposes?
I sometimes keep a small flask of Bourbon in the trunk of my car, but it turns bad rapidly, from all the daytime heat.
Did you know that there was still some whiskey being legally produced during prohibition? Doctors were allowed to give out prescriptions for "medicinal whiskey."

American Medicinal Spirits Company

·
Registered
547 Posts
The two females are out of control ISFJ who should be imprisoned.
xSFJs scare the shit out of me. I usually can't deal with that type at all.

And it goes without saying that you'll never go around those freaks again -- and if she's your gf hopefully she's smart enough to stay away from them too.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Girlfriends family. I stayed out of it as much as I could, but had to intervene at one point. At which point I was basically belittled by an old bitch. Two psycho female attackers attacking another female.Myself and the ENTP male and two kids were spectators. I stayed out until ENTP male had one attacker subdued. Then attacker #2 began her assault, at which point I blocked her and said if she moved again I was calling cops, which was intended to distract while victim escaped. Once cops were mentioned she began her belittling spree on me, then tried to corner victim who kicked her and ran. Then I looked at kicked attacker, who was acting like she was hurt to test our reactions, and said "I'll never interact with you again" and walked out nonchalantly. These are all full-on adults by the way. Pathetic.
In this situation I would've stayed back and reacted in defense or either myself or someone else. Depending on the actual attack, my defensive reaction would range from simply grabbing/deflecting the striking hand to knocking the attacker out.

xSFJs scare the shit out of me. I usually can't deal with that type at all.

And it goes without saying that you'll never go around those freaks again -- and if she's your gf hopefully she's smart enough to stay away from them too.
I'm pretty sure my dad was an ISFJ and we had wicked battles, even coming to blows a few times.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts