Personality Cafe banner

Have you read anything phycology related prior to discovering this site or MBTI.

• Alot

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Some

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Not alot, other than what come across in TV, magazines, etc.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Not really

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • No, not alot at all. If anything.

Votes: 4 10.5%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Some. Founding out about MBTI increase it a lot.

·
Electronica Wizard
ISFP
6,709 Posts
I read a lot on mental disorders.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Nope. Now learning about MBTI, and a little of other stuff, I am interested in learning it

·
Registered
ISFP
480 Posts
Not really prior to discovering MBTI, no. A lot of what I read now is off of the internet. I've yet to read any published texts on MBTI or psychology.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Yes. Psychology was a big interest for me growing up. I've learned to be extremely critical of it now... but up until that point.

Reactions: Mirkwood

·
Registered
97 Posts
Psychology to me is super interesting, especially disorders and stuff in the brain. I would love to be a psychologist, but I'm not that great at realizing that people's emotions need to be handled with care.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Here and there. Mostly only as it pertains to me. But psychology has always been very interesting to me and I'll probably end up taking the plunge and majoring in it. Who needs money?

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,008 Posts
Or rather, befor discovering MBTI, etc.
I have, yes. I've read a lot on psychology and philosophy prior to this site.

I, however, have not read up on typology much at all. I knew of MBTI typology when I was much younger, yet I never paid attention to it much. I still don't.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I had already taken a few psychology classes and read articles in magazines written by psychologists. I really had no motivation to look into MBTI, or typology in general, until I hit an early midlife crisis, which was sparked by my having to quit nursing school. Something just popped up in my head concerning some test my professor had my class take in general psychology class for fun years ago. So I searched online to see if I could find anything related to personality types and career matches, and I found a lot more than I expected about this silly four letter test I took a long time ago (or so I thought back then).

·
I love my everything
10,949 Posts
Nothing official or scholarly, but I would have random questions and search them online, reading a bunch of articles. Then I would have Googling sessions where you read one thing and have more questions, so you read more and more, and you don't realize how much time has past.

So I do have quite a bit of knowledge on general psychology, but by no means am I even close to an expert. It's mainly for my own interest and curiosity. I like to understand.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Not really, no, to be honest.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Well, since I'm mostly interested in personality studies and theories, when I started my hobby research, I was bound to run into it sooner or later :p Other than that, mostly about depression, anxiety, bipolar, etc.

Oh, oh, oh, but when I was a kid I was aallllwaayyyysss doing those 'which character are you?!' quizzes. I don't know if that counts for anything though, but it definitely spurred me along to my research :kitteh:

·
Registered
216 Posts
I read a lot on mental disorders.
Me too! I suffered from anxieties myself so that's probably why I was so interested in mental disorders and different personalities in general.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts