Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
The first thing i think to myself is, are you kidding me. I chuckle inside because i know i won't be reading it word for word.

UGG, if i think at some point there will actually be a point, i will speed read every few lines. We don't need all those details in order to get the jest of what is said, or asked. Although i have to admit, skimming has gotten me into trouble too, because there may have been something really important within the lines i didn't read , so these days i usually don't read it, i just can't.
I've been known to write long post also on occasion so...lets hope people have more patients than ENFP ;)

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UGG, if i think at some point there will actually be a point, i will speed read every few lines. We don't need all those details in order to get the jest of what is said, or asked.
Do you think this has to do with Ne? Since we quickly see the way or direction the paragraph is going then we have no need to completely read every single word?

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Do you think this has to do with Ne? Since we quickly see the way or direction the paragraph is going then we have no need to completely read every single word?
Yes, i do think its Ne. I think it has to do with word patterns, for some reason i think we see the end result by means of the paragraph patterns if that makes sense. Kind of like predicting what someone will say. They may spew out a few words, X pattern indicates that its likely X will follow. Try and take note of it sometime with friends, sometimes even strangers. I make a game of it in my head at times, it keeps me focused on what the person is saying.

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, i do think its Ne. I think it has to do with word patterns, for some reason i think we see the end result by means of the paragraph patterns if that makes sense. Kind of like predicting what someone will say. They may spew out a few words, X pattern indicates that its likely X will follow. Try and take note of it sometime with friends, sometimes even strangers. I make a game of it in my head at times, it keeps me focused on what the person is saying.
Hmm, makes sense. I can follow what someone is saying without them having to complete their sentences. So logically it would also apply to reading what they type. Thanks! It's all coming together now. But what about the fatigue I feel when either I HAVE to read a lot or when I feel tired by just LOOKING at a few long paragraphs (btw I tend to suffer this in the INXX forums)

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Hmm, makes sense. I can follow what someone is saying without them having to complete their sentences. So logically it would also apply to reading what they type. Thanks! It's all coming together now. But what about the fatigue I feel when either I HAVE to read a lot or when I feel tired by just LOOKING at a few long paragraphs (btw I tend to suffer this in the INXX forums)
Another weird one is being able to process two or three people all speaking at the same time. I don't need to focus on 1 person in order to process , i can take in data from my surroundings if more than 1 is speaking in different groups. Maybe that's why they say ENFP are nosy...heh, NO..we're not .....our brain seems to collect so much unwanted information that is useless....but regardless, we still have to process it in order to let it go. What about you, have you noticed this behaviour when processing ? Surely it can't be just me.

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another weird one is being able to process two or three people all speaking at the same time. I don't need to focus on 1 person in order to process , i can take in data from my surroundings if more than 1 is speaking in different groups. Maybe that's why they say ENFP are nosy...heh, NO..we're not .....our brain seems to collect so much unwanted information that is useless....but regardless, we still have to process it in order to let it go. What about you, have you noticed this behaviour when processing ? Surely it can't be just me.
Yes, I can focus on more than one person at a time. I don't like to do it sometimes but I need to because I don't like to take my attention away from others. I don't like to be rude.

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,905 Posts
I skip a lot when reading long posts. My mind starts to wander if it takes to long to get to the point. I do the same when listening to people too. Oops

·
Registered
138 Posts
I get the same feeling. Sometimes I see a long post and then I suddenly feel like it's been a long day and that I should just go to sleep. I think it's because I know that if I were to actually read everything word for word in a paragraph, I would be sitting there for a really long time. I figured that since I would get the gist of things just by skimming, why would I read every detail? After a couple of years, I've learned not to think like that. Missing details has gotten me in trouble more than once. I try to read everything if it's important enough now. You learn a lot more like this anyway.

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I get the same feeling. Sometimes I see a long post and then I suddenly feel like it's been a long day and that I should just go to sleep. I think it's because I know that if I were to actually read everything word for word in a paragraph, I would be sitting there for a really long time. I figured that since I would get the gist of things just by skimming, why would I read every detail? After a couple of years, I've learned not to think like that. Missing details has gotten me in trouble more than once. I try to read everything if it's important enough now. You learn a lot more like this anyway.
Yes. Especially contracts. I want to make sure that I'm in the clear at all times.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Yes, I can focus on more than one person at a time. I don't like to do it sometimes but I need to because I don't like to take my attention away from others. I don't like to be rude.
I'm not usually conscience i picked up the data. I can still be looking at X and be picking up information to my right, left, in the corner, whatever. As long as people are in my ear range, i'm processing 2 -3 different scenario's/conversations taking place. We laugh at home with our families around. If someone has missed something in communication my husband will always say " ask X (me), she knows even if you didn't think she was listening ;) She will tell you :D

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not usually conscience i picked up the data. I can still be looking at X and be picking up information to my right, left, in the corner, whatever. As long as people are in my ear range, i'm processing 2 -3 different scenario's/conversations taking place. We laugh at home with our families around. If someone has missed something in communication my husband will always say " ask X (me), she knows even if you didn't think she was listening ;) She will tell you :D
I think mine is more associated with sight. I KNOW what's going on around me at ALL times. I'm very hyper-sensitive and hyper-aware of my surroundings. I notice the smallest thing out of place.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Yeah, if you don't read them fully, you can get into a LOT of doo-doo. So I force myself to read them.
What a power couple we would make. Between your sight and my hearing, the possibilities are endless ;)

1 - 20 of 82 Posts