Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

This reading people through their eyes thing's been stuck in my head since a while. I figgin' can't understand the sanity of this ability.

Here's what happened:
So there's a woman [welcoming her 40-s] whom I know since 3 years. I don't particularly hold any sentiments toward her. Nonetheless, I've started realizing that she's idk tricky? I mean, the first time we've meat, she was over welcoming and she started planting hope in me but it's been 3 years...and she always takes every possible opportunity. In addition, [and I empathize on after 3 years] when I was near her, I got shocked by her. She took yet an other opportunity and started bouncing childishly and chuckling devilishly and theeen! when someone complimented her, she actually arrogantly complimented herself. Events and behaviors immediately flashed in my head and I realized how she gains everybody's favor by tricking them with this feminine affectionate figure of hers, masking her selfish, immature, and ugly self. After a while, I told this to my sister [who doesn't like her] and she said duh. She said this woman has uncomfortable/malicious/sly eyes. I asked her wtf does it mean, she said, "From the moment I first saw her, I saw viciousness in her eyes".

I keep on asking her how can she even know this, she says she just does. I don't get it. I can know people by intuition, not by looking in their eyes. I look straight in people's eyes while talking, but never have I had this ability.

Further stupid questions:
Is this like a realistic super power?
Like I can know people through intuition [apparently I've never bothered knowing this woman]
She can through eyes, someone through some other parts? ...

I hope someone who knows about this weird thing can be bored enough to read, therefore answer :p
Thank you!

·
Registered
793 Posts
It is from your NT, your sister problably does it through SF. I'd respond like your sister, I see things in peoples eyes and movements. If you show me something, as in your touch or in your movements or in your words... I'll neglect you without further ado.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is from your NT, your sister problably does it through SF. I'd respond like your sister, I see things in peoples eyes and movements. If you show me something, as in your touch or in your movements or in your words... I'll neglect you without further ado.
Oookayy...she's ENTJ. She keeps on saying it's her Oh Scorpio Sixth Sense.

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
Hello everyone,

This reading people through their eyes thing's been stuck in my head since a while. I figgin' can't understand the sanity of this ability.

Here's what happened:
So there's a woman [welcoming her 40-s] whom I know since 3 years. I don't particularly hold any sentiments toward her. Nonetheless, I've started realizing that she's idk tricky? I mean, the first time we've meat, she was over welcoming and she started planting hope in me but it's been 3 years...and she always takes every possible opportunity. In addition, [and I empathize on after 3 years] when I was near her, I got shocked by her. She took yet an other opportunity and started bouncing childishly and chuckling devilishly and theeen! when someone complimented her, she actually arrogantly complimented herself. Events and behaviors immediately flashed in my head and I realized how she gains everybody's favor by tricking them with this feminine affectionate figure of hers, masking her selfish, immature, and ugly self. After a while, I told this to my sister [who doesn't like her] and she said duh. She said this woman has uncomfortable/malicious/sly eyes. I asked her wtf does it mean, she said, "From the moment I first saw her, I saw viciousness in her eyes".

I keep on asking her how can she even know this, she says she just does. I don't get it. I can know people by intuition, not by looking in their eyes. I look straight in people's eyes while talking, but never have I had this ability.

Further stupid questions:
Is this like a realistic super power?
Like I can know people through intuition [apparently I've never bothered knowing this woman]
She can through eyes, someone through some other parts? ...

I hope someone who knows about this weird thing can be bored enough to read, therefore answer :p
Thank you!

lmao I am the same way as your sister too. I am INFJ btw.
I have this tendency to read people through their eyes as well.
Eyes are the windows to the soul, if you want to know a person's character or emotions or intentions, you just have to look into their eyes, and ask yourself whether you can trust those pair of eyes, and your gut feeling will immediately tell you the answer.
In fact, you can easily spot a sociopath through their eyes. For example, if you look at Ted Bundy's eyes, you will realize that he has a pair of cold and emotionless eyes. People who are compassionate and empathetic usually have a pair of soft and warm eyes.

And by the way, your sister seems like either an ENFJ or INFJ to me, reading people's eyes is a very Ni and Fe thing to do.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lmao I am the same way as your sister too. I am INFJ btw.
Eyes are the windows to the soul, if you want to know a person's character or emotions or intentions, you just have to look into their eyes, and ask yourself whether you can trust those pair of eyes, and your gut feeling will immediately tell you the answer.
In fact, you can easily spot a sociopath through their eyes. For example, if you look at Ted Bundy's eyes, you will realize that he has a pair of cold and emotionless eyes. People who are compassionate and empathetic usually have a pair of soft and warm eyes.

And by the way, your sister seems like either an ENFJ or INFJ to me, reading people's eyes is a very Ni and Fe thing to do.
You know, I still have difficulty in completely believing she's ENTJ, yet I ate her head to take the test and she got ENTJ more than once. Anywhos, she said the exact same thing. PEOPLE I DON'T GET YOU! They are just organs, maybe prettier than others!
She freaks me out with this other thing too:
-Whenever I'm being swallowen into my dark side, she says my eyes look worrying and foreign, as if it's not me anymore. Seriously? yeah call a priest to perform an exorcism:dry:.
-When I'm happy, she says my eyes shine. I can't see what she sees even if I look at myself in the mirror.
-OOOOh and the most uncomfortable one!! [Which haven't happened since a very long time now] when I used to get into my rare deeply agonizing painful periods, whenever she fucking looked at me in the eyes she immediately fucking pitied me. AND I HATE THAT. It made me feel even shittier.

For Heaven's sake, my face is too poker faced. My eyes are deceiving me? I though I had the INTJ legacy of having unreadable eyes!!!

Speaking of which, I experience none of your abilities. The only eyes that maybe effect me are the blue ones, and that's because I hate them and they only make my skin crawl.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,665 Posts
Yeah, l don't understand relying on things like this, but l don't lack the ability. l just tend to read people subjectively as well.

Just seems strange to me, along with body language, like if you think you just sense something about a person but their body language says otherwise, is one really supposed to opt to read them based on that?

Depends on the interaction and level of familiarity, sometimes the reaction is that it's arrogant or socially inappropriate to think that you can perceive signals someone isn't giving definitively.

l don't hold my perception to an unwavering standard and it can always be adjusted.

l personally think some ''standard'' cues are just odd but l will say that l read a lot into voice inflection and speech patterns, but mainly regarding inconsequential quirks that don't really matter here or there.

This is, though, kind of something l've thought can make me seem creepy so l at times at least give the impression of responding to social cues in an exaggerated 'correct' way.

Reactions: Obscure

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, l don't understand relying on things like this, but l don't lack the ability. l just tend to read people subjectively as well.

Just seems strange to me, along with body language, like if you think you just sense something about a person but their body language says otherwise, is one really supposed to opt to read them based on that?

l wouldn't, and sometimes the reaction is that it's arrogant or socially inappropriate to think that you can perceive signals someone isn't giving definitively.

Well, it isn't like l hold my perception to an incredibly high standard and it can always be changed. l personally think these ''standard'' cues are just odd but l will say that l read a lot into voice inflection and speech patterns, but mainly regarding inconsequential quirks that don't really matter here or there.
Well I can know people without looking at them. I used to doubt my intuition, but now I'm seeing that trusting in it is not wrong.

·
Registered
405 Posts
It looks like my mother does the same. She always has her opinions of people and they happen to be close to the truth, if not true. I have no idea how she does it, she says she just looks into people's eyes. Once she was looking through wedding photos of a relative and said that his wife wasn't a nice person, it was in her eyes. No one else agreed, and I spent a lot of time staring into those eyes in the photos, but didn't see anything special, just regular female eyes with mascara. All of them have the same artificial expressionless expression for me. Later it turned out that my mother was correct with her assessment.

Speaking of types, I can't imagine her as anything but ISTJ. She is so Si-Te.

I can't understand that ability at all, it's like super powers for me too. I get grasp of people's personality and behavior by observing them and can even get very deep understanding sometimes, but to say something after a mere look into the eyes - that doesn't sound real, even though some can do it apparently.

Just wow, it's so foreign for me. I'm not sure I can tell cold and emotionless eyes from soft and warm eyes.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Some people are able to do this intuitively, but there's a way taught to counselors, detectives, and others for tracking eye movement. It's not always 100%, but typically speaking it works. I learned this in one of my counseling classes.

Reading Eye Movements.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I too, believe you can tell a person's mood, character, or intentions through their eyes. Not accurately, always, but for example I can usually tell if some one is the emotional type or logical type and if they have hidden emotion by looking at their eyes.

XNTJs specifically, even if they come across arrogant, always have this deep-sensitive gleam in their eye; from every one that I've met at least. While with others I can tell their sensitivity is more apparent, even if they're trying to hide it. It's not always solely about some one's eyes though, sometimes it's their demeanor and body language.

And I've also had instances with a few people where I either trusted them or distrusted them by first meeting them. It doesn't seem fair and shouldn't always be assumed, but sometimes intuition does play an important part in assessing a person.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts