Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can usually read a lot of information about a thing for a long time (even repeatable times) and not remember anything about the subject in mind for a while (usually in very literal style). I am really not good at memorizing in the ordinary term of the word and especially not details. Then again; details where never my thing anyway... however; I usually notice that I remember the most essential if I come across it.

However -- an interesting thing perhaps is that I usually read about something obscure (other than what I've read from which I should have remembered, not that literate perhaps) and then I can get a flash of understanding about the last subject / text from the obscure stuff instead... however; I notice that the structure of the obscure text (aesthetics?) also is a large determiner on how I understood the last text / subject. If I have to read something it sometimes have to be pleasant to read in order to understand it more better. Weird isn't it? So how about you?

·
Registered
751 Posts
This is classic N and Ne. Basically the N is like a hunter gatherer, taking information on where to find food (e.g a type of deer near a lake) and later not thinking about it at all and not overly concerned with what the lake looked like or how many trees there were. However the next time the tribe becomes hungry the hunter gatherer knows that there is food there by the lake in the form of the deers and realises the solution to the hunger problem. I've been told this is in contrast to the S mind of thinking, which is like a farmer. The farmer plants everything and then reaps the food when it harvests. It's a much slower process but it reaps a much larger amount of resource and food when the time comes (in the form of significant amount of sensory data the N types lack.)

I'm essentially the same. I forget most things yet I often gain clarity by imagining myself discussing the topic during a brain storming session or a debate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts