Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finding it hard to understand a friend of mine. As an INFP I really, really hate it when people are angry with me, and even more frustrated when I can't understand why. ): I just can't stop ticking him off for some reason. I've been reading up on ENFJs, and I think it suits who he is, but our personality types should be a good match, so why... :frustrating:

My friend has the following traits:
- Angry when things don't go his way
- Doesn't like being alone
- Acts out on his anger (goes extra measures to not talk to me, blocks me, etc.)
- Likes talking to and being around people
- Somewhat smothering - doesn't like it when I'm playing videogames with my B/F, always wants me to play games with him or something
- Has very strong beliefs/opinions, doesn't think highly of other opinions
- Avoids conflict by just saying "Nevermind. Whatever." and denying that anything is wrong if I confront him
- Can focus on his schoolwork
- FUN WHEN HE'S NOT MOODY.

If you need more info just tell me! u_u I just wish I could understand him better. I tick him off every other week or so and I always end up having to say sorry... but right now, I'm 95% sure I did nothing wrong:bored:! And that's a biiiig percentage for me >:T

Thanks so much C:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I feel like pretty much any type can fit that description given the right conditions. Come on, tell us about what he's like when he's NOT angry.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol! Sorry 'bout that :'D

WHEN NOT ANGRY, he's:
- Genuinely concerned with helping and listening to friends with their issues
- Very protective of his cousins and his pet (To the point of losing sleep to take care of them)
- Very organized
- Generally cheerful and optimistic
- Energetic, hates being cooped up in the house
- Bores easily
- A giving personality, spends most of his money on people other than himself

·
Registered
454 Posts
- Genuinely concerned with helping and listening to friends with their issues
- Very protective of his cousins and his pet (To the point of losing sleep to take care of them)
- Very organized
- Generally cheerful and optimistic
- Energetic, hates being cooped up in the house
- Bores easily
- A giving personality, spends most of his money on people other than himself
He's an extrovert for sure. And a judger. The anger part makes him a feeler once we've put the 'E' and 'J' into consideration because if he's a thinker he would be emotionally stable. So that makes him a EXFJ. So the only question is is he a sensor or an iNtuitive? I got the list of traits for you for both types (ESFJ & ENFJ). Check 'em out.

ESFJ: does not like being alone, thinks life has purpose/meaning, organized, values organized religion, outgoing, social, does not like strange people/things - likely intolerant of differences, open, easy to read, dislikes science fiction, values relationships and families over intellectual pursuits, group oriented, follows the rules, affectionate, planner, regular, orderly, clean, finisher, religious, consults others before acting, content, positive, loves getting massages, complimentary, dutiful, loving, considerate, altruistic

ENFJ: outgoing, social, attention seeking, emotional, loving, organized, comfortable around others, involved, open, hyperactive, complimentary, punctual, considerate, altruistic, easily hurt, religious, neat, content, positive, affectionate, image conscious, good at getting people to have fun, easily excited, perfectionist, assertive, ambitious, leader, hard working, seductive, touchy, group oriented, anti-tattoos

My guess is he's an ESFJ. But of course, I might be wrong.

Source: Free Jung Personality Test (similar to MBTI / Myers Briggs)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts