Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I just really feel like I dont get the same that I give out of relationships. Im not speaking about anything specific here, just in general, during my life I have been continually dissapointed by people that I really thought would come through when I needed them too. I just feel like if the roles were reversed, I would have no problem jumping in the heat of fire to save or help someone, but so many people out there arent the same way.

I dont get it. I want to help people. I like helping people. I enjoy it because I feel like as a whole, the human race should help each other out. I mean when it comes down to it, what do we really have in life other than relationships with people? (friends family, etc.)

Am I the one thats different? Am I the one that is abnormal? Am I expecting too much out of people? *sigh*

I really dont think that I hold too high expectations out of people. I mean, no one has to go extraordinarily out of their way to do something for someone who doesnt even deserve it, but what about just the small things that really make a difference? How hard is it to give someone a smile who has had a hard day? Or just be a good listener? Or even on a bigger scale, give something to someone who genuinely needs it, be it time, money, objects, food, or emotional support?

Do I get walked on because of my always striving to be a good person?

Are there people out there who would reciprocate? :sad:

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
In cases like this, I like to point out that you can see 100% of what you do, but only some percentage less than 100 of what others do. In some ways, one would think in a relationship that you can see most of what your partners do, but this is only on the surface, as a partner may do many things for us that we are unaware of (since we can't see why they do things from inside their head, thereby missing many of their actions for us). Also, what you want, and what someone else thinks you want may be entirely different creatures.

However, your intuitions may be correct, and you are getting used. If that's the case, then you should distinguish between wishy-washy and being good. You can state your desires in any relationship, this isn't a bad thing; sometimes people need the reality check. Plus, it allows you to establish whether the person cares about you, since if they did care, they would be attempting to make you happy when you request it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts