Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so I'm really young as far as this forum gets, but already I have had two of these huge depressed phases. one was in elemenatry school!elementary school! no one liked me and I felt like my life was worthless. an I felt like this for about two years, until after third grade, I transferred to private school. (fifth grade, I skipped one). and even the it took me about a ear to get over the darkness.

then, in eighth grade, I got really bad again. no on would talk to me, and when I tried to tell them how worthless I felt, they said I was paranoid. paranoid. if one more person tell me I'm paranoid I will scream.

my best friend, who had drifted apart from me, became depressed too, and now engages in a few self destructive behaviors. when I found out I was actually delighted, because it pulled us back together. I refer to us as 'the two fuckups' and we started boosting each other up out of a deep well.
I eventually came out of the cave after about four months, after the support from my friend. but I mean, it's gonna happen again eventually..
do you guys have these phases? I don't think I'm clinically depressed or anything,so... maybe it has to do with type?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Its not to do with type, its due to your perspective and current situation. Depressive phases happen to everyone over the course of their lifetime, for whatever reason, and they just grow on up and out of it as time goes by. For example, I couldn't figure out what to do with my future after doing my A-level qualifications so I spent Year 12 (When I was 16-17) fairly depressed as I was almost consumed by a need to figure out what my interests where and where i could go after college. I still have no idea, but I've gotten out of that phase purely because I have options and I will simply root through all of them until I find the right one. Worry and pressure get the better of everyone now and again. It will probably happen again, its just learning how ti overcome those pahases and power through them as fast as possible. (Best way out is through, I guess).

Reactions: refugee
1 - 2 of 2 Posts