Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain why my introverted sensing is so developed? i use more than the majority of my other functions. I'd say my functions go something like this: Ni, Fe, Ti, Si.
I use Ni the most but the other 3 i use about the same. Why? why whyyy?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Are you sure that you are using Si?? Sure its not Ti mixed with Se?? Those cognitive function tests can be a good measure, but I wouldn't solely rely on them because I'm pretty sure the % error is high.... and a lot of that error comes from the fact that anyone who takes the test has difficulty knowing really how often they use each process. Its hard to tell unless you REALLY pay attention to yourself on a daily basis. It requires a lot of introspection.

Personally, I despise Si... which makes sense because with INFJs that's our weakest function. Are you sure you are using Ni primarily and not Fi??

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Well for starters can you explain how you see each function working out in your life? Sometimes people are confused about nature of functions. What they think is one function is actually another. If you list how each functions manifests in your life that may help straighten it out. Places to read about functions: ENFP Wiki & MBTI characteristics & 16 Personality Types & Intro to Function Theory: personalitycafe.com/cognitive-functions/24032-intro-function-theory-more-detailed-descriptions-each-function-attitude.html

I wouldn't trust the test too much because people don't always provide a very accurate evaluation of themselves. Sometimes they answer test in a way that they want to be rather than in a way that they really are. So then it fucks up the results.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well for starters can you explain how you see each function working out in your life? Sometimes people are confused about nature of functions. What they think is one function is actually another. If you list how each functions manifests in your life that may help straighten it out. Places to read about functions: ENFP Wiki & MBTI characteristics & 16 Personality Types & Intro to Function Theory: personalitycafe.com/cognitive-functions/24032-intro-function-theory-more-detailed-descriptions-each-function-attitude.html

I wouldn't trust the test too much because people don't always provide a very accurate evaluation of themselves. Sometimes they answer test in a way that they want to be rather than in a way that they really are. So then it fucks up the results.
well the funny thing is i didn't come to the conclusion that i use a lot of Si by taking a test. I actually went to that link you posted and thats when i decided that based on that description of Si, i use it quite often. But im 99 percent sure that its Ni im using, not Fi.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I seem to have very strong Si as well, but it doesn't influence how I act. It's just there, contained inside a box within my Ni.

To me, Si is to Ni as the INFJ forum is to Personality Cafe forums. It's a storehouse of information of a specific kind. If something is "posted" in my Si that shouldn't really be there, my internal moderator comes along and moves it to elsewhere within my mental framework. In order to come up with my unique perspective, Ni reaches into Si, but also accesses all the other areas of the mental framework to compare and contrast and look for the universal truth behind it all.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I think I'm like Katey too. It's strong that my family often goes to me to remind them about what something was like, and the most common question, who is this actor's name lol. Somehow I keep all the info. And likewise it's like a box in a cupboard, I take it out when I need to, I have to do it consciously. I find intuition gives me info faster

1 - 8 of 8 Posts