Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do you wake up everyday in the morning?

What drives you in life? Why do you do the things you do?

What is your passion, and what does it mean to you?

I'm not sure I have a reason for anything anymore. Maybe it's a compilation of reasons, but I can't find the root. How have others dealt with this? Did/Does it bother you? Does it keep you up at night?

·
Registered
9,350 Posts

I'm not sure I have a reason for anything anymore. Maybe it's a compilation of reasons, but I can't find the root. How have others dealt with this? Did/Does it bother you? Does it keep you up at night?
Indeed, just so as you describe. For years it was hard to place. But life is sourced from itself only, a worthy collection of experiences and that is, for me, sufficient.

This amazing poem expresses it so much more eloquently than I have yet been able to, despite my efforts:
The Invitation by Oriah Mountain Dreamer

So, for me, this bleak culture we live in, the enneagram Type 3 debacle that is America, holds little to no interest for me. The pursuit of money or 'winning' absolutely implies a loser in its wake and that seems immoral to me. That quandary has left me frustrated and stagnant for years at times.

I dearly love the following two quotes which sum up my tack on life for now amid this culture:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to such a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

So for me, my means of rising from bed every day and tolerating life involves speaking against immaturity and anti-wisdom in the world and remaining active in fighting its persistence wherever I can. A ridiculously lofty and impractical goal brought on by a decades long fit of inspiration by such great men as the two I quoted and the experiences I have had in life that bear out their inclinations (and by steps my own).

Reactions: Takadox

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Indeed, just so as you describe. For years it was hard to place. But life is sourced from itself only, a worthy collection of experiences and that is, for me, sufficient.

This amazing poem expresses it so much more eloquently than I have yet been able to, despite my efforts:
The Invitation by Oriah Mountain Dreamer

So, for me, this bleak culture we live in, the enneagram Type 3 debacle that is America, holds little to no interest for me. The pursuit of money or 'winning' absolutely implies a loser in its wake and that seems immoral to me. That quandary has left me frustrated and stagnant for years at times.

I dearly love the following two quotes which sum up my tack on life for now amid this culture:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to such a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

So for me, my means of rising from bed every day and tolerating life involves speaking against immaturity and anti-wisdom in the world and remaining active in fighting its persistence wherever I can. A ridiculously lofty and impractical goal brought on by a decades long fit of inspiration by such great men as the two I quoted and the experiences I have had in life that bear out their inclinations (and by steps my own).
So you enjoy being a teacher, and inspiration to others?
Two things that I myself enjoy. Searching for truth and helping to illuminate others.

It is also always difficult to reconcile my goals and wants and needs with expectations that society and family and friends impose, on purpose or not. It seems that culture itself is a burden. And yet it is probably the only thing leading me forward. Stagnation is worse

·
Banned
775 Posts

To be honest, I don't believe I know of a sure reason of why I do wake up in the morning... I would like to wake up in the morning, do the things I do - to maybe, find a meaning.... And my passion? I would like to say knowledge. Learning, it refreshes me as a person, just understanding and grasping concepts around me, it's enlightening. And maybe, it could hold such answers or some sort of 'symbolic' conclusion or idea of where I could spark great meaning in life.... If anyone of what I'm saying makes sense....

·
Registered
4,281 Posts

I genuinely enjoy the beauty that comes from challenge, overcoming obstacles, and evolving as a result. The reason is the journey, to see what happens on the way, and to shape my path as much as I can. Yet the unpredictability of life always keeps me on my toes, always forces me to find new ways to adapt, find solutions to problems, and this keeps me highly interested in wanting more of life and being able to appreciate the pleasures of it all as well.

see above.

Basically, there's so much to do. It's an adventure.

In essence, the act of creating -whether it be creating new relationships, building a business, coming up with new ideas, or evolving as an individual and constantly creating a new self through my actions and self-awareness.

It's normal to feel jaded and lost sometimes. I always go through periods of re-evaluation, reassessing my life goals and the person I want to be, but it's a process that can lead to growth if you let it. Tearing everything down to create something new is necessary at times. Find something to hold onto for the time being. It could be the smile of a beautiful woman looking at you. There's much to live for; it's just a matter of changing the way you perceive things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts