people in my circumstance and those who have had it worse
logical reasons only please
back ground
age 12- sexually assaulted by older male who has since passed
age 13- suffered Pettit maul seizures from epilepsy [only lasted 2 years]
bullied in school from above reasons
raised in extremely abusive/dysfunctional household
extremely low self esteem until age 45 [10 years ago]
watched mother battle cancer for 16 years- passed on her 69th b'day 13 years ago, also xmas day
father passed July 28th this year after 4 month battle from A.L.S.
seen countless friends die, I was with them all as they took their last breath
suffered from osteoarthritis in every joint in my body since age 27
chronic untreatable insomnia since age 25
currently- chronic intestinal pseudo blockage [google it]
liver/kidney disease, 2 herniated discs/2pinched nerves
chronic fatigue so my activities are very limited
the only thing I can rely on is pain, not stop 24/7/365 pain, it is my best friend always there for me
yet I take zero medications
as INTJ I am not depressed and fully accept my situation
I do not feel sorry for this, it serves no purpose
I have no future, I will never be able to travel or do a majority of activities others can enjoy
as a logical debate give me reasons to live

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I don't think you would call this 'logical', but today you helped me feel like someone does care. I am not exaggerating when I say I was going to kill myself last night, though you've helped ease that desire for non-existence a little bit. I do still feel a bit suicidal, though your contribution has helped make this dog-eat-dog world a better place, which the world desperately needs more of.

I'm sure you've helped people before, and I am sure you'll do it again. I hope your attitude to life makes its way back towards you.

·
Spam-I-am
13,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:kitteh:
I don't think you would call this 'logical', but today you helped me feel like someone does care. I am not exaggerating when I say I was going to kill myself last night, though you've helped ease that desire for non-existence a little bit. I do still feel a bit suicidal, though your contribution has helped make this dog-eat-dog world a better place, which the world desperately needs more of.

I'm sure you've helped people before, and I am sure you'll do it again. I hope your attitude to life makes its way back towards you.
:kitteh:

·
Registered
897 Posts
I can't think of any logical reason tbh. None that would serve you anyway.

You improve the world by making others happy. You make us happy, anyway. But again, that's a selfish thing to say and an illogical reason.

·
Registered
10,178 Posts
While I hope you decide against suicide

I support euthanasia, or suicide in extreme cases of terminal illness. Because well I have seen alotta people live in agony when they basically beg to be put out of their misery. I fully support living wills which dictate someone's right to order a family member to pull the plug if they are incapacitated.

So point I wouldn't believe it's my right to intrude on your choice if you decided not to suffer.

But again that does not mean I actually promote it. I definitely prefer to work on the improve quality of life side of things rather than kill it. But I do believe it's your right to determine whether you would like to live with ailments.

·
Registered
887 Posts
disclaimer, I have no intention of doing so
people in my circumstance and those who have had it worse
logical reasons only please
back ground
watched mother battle cancer for 16 years- passed on her 69th b'day 13 years ago, also xmas day
the only thing I can rely on is pain, not stop 24/7/365 pain, it is my best friend always there for me
as INTJ I am not depressed and fully accept my situation
I do not feel sorry for this, it serves no purpose
I have no future, I will never be able to travel or do a majority of activities others can enjoy
as a logical debate give me reasons to live

Despite all of this you still have a passion for life and you enjoy life. This is evident in the nature of all your posts.
Therefore it would be illogical for you to take your own life.

I can only hope if I am ever faced with similar circumstances to your own, I would be as strong as you.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Know a great neurosurgeon in dallas and gastrointestinal guy. Maybe able to solve 2 issues of yours.i once struggled with suicidal ideation because of ptsd, no matter what I did my brain kept torturing itself. To keep me from going crazy, I hit the bottle hard as hell. I don't suggest that to anyone, been sober for 5 years now.

Reactions: Dalien

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
suicide is a perfectly rational approach to the problem of staying alive. it would benefit humanity as a collective and help the planet in the process if more people actively considered it. the only thing more sensible is using life to improve life. but people like that tend to be 1 in a billion. we need more teslas, and if you aren't gonna tesla, offing yourself is a fine alternative to make room for more of them :p

·
Banned
5,075 Posts
Yet you make a thread that is basically an open invitation for Hallmark-greeting-card-logic? That might be your answer right there, masochism would make any life worth living.

·
Premium Member
15,517 Posts
I do not know if these reasons are "logical" reasons for staying alive (I tried to follow your rules of this thread), but, even though you are suffering and in an incredible amount of pain you --

1. Help others, when you can. Yesterday is the latest example I can see.

2. People appreciate what you have to contribute. They notice you. 10,000+ "Thanks".

3. Subjective opinion -- but you are very funny (IMO -- I think the world needs more Funny).

4. You matter. You make a difference through helping & humor.

I only see what goes on with you here at PerCafe. There is *probably* more "proof" of reasons to not kill yourself that are happening off line, but I can't include them, because I am unawares.

I do hope for a better future for you, some how some way.

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,504 Posts
You have a great sense of humor and you share that with everyone here.
You are a good conversation partner.
You have a sharp mind and your insight is greatly valued.
um...
I like you.
I appreciate your friendship.

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
Killing yourself is going to be quite hard now that Democrats are going to take all your guns... so it is easier..thus logical to just live.
And your lack of empathy has literally tried turning this into a political debate.
@Vinniebob Any dealings I've had with you have always seemed pleasant and you seem like a good person overall. I really hate you had these unfortunate circumstances happen in the past, as well as what you're dealing with currently, but you do add value to this world and I hope through all your pain and suffering you can see that. You're part of this community and I can at least say I care about you and really hope you can persevere through this hard time.

·
Registered
Infp 6w5
2,845 Posts
+1 rep @Vinniebob

Great guy. But anyways, your question is difficult to answer. Imo its not a question that can be answered with just logic. Facts are just facts, at the end you still have to interpret the data/logic in order for it to be of any use. If you personally had a reason to continue living in spite of the pain then it would be worth it, but it requires a value judgement that only you can make. I do have a gut feeling that my life might eventually end in a suicide, but not any time soon, maybe years or decades away. I feel that since I am going to die regardless, I may as well use my time left on earth to fulfill some purpose that I consider worth continuing to endure life for. But that is me, and you are you. My suffering is comparatively less than yours, and yours is comparatively less than someone elses. So it depends whether or not the things you find meaningful are worth the personal price.

Example, is physically saving 10 lives and perhaps bringing meaning/peace to the minds of an unknown amount of strangers over the course of ones' life worth physical pain and feelings of despair? What might happen if you were never there to save those lives? We never know what could/would be. You know the butterfly effect? We're constantly living it.

Also food for thought, is there any guarantee that, by comitting suicide, you would accomplish what you initially set out to do?

Reactions: VinnieBob

·
Banned
4,831 Posts
  • Osteo is controllable through lifestyle changes which includes but isn't exclusive to reducing protein, eating more dietary fiber and taking calcium and vit-D supplements.
  • The person who attacked you is dead and you have survived not only his attack and bullying, you have learned to cope (self-esteem elevation).
  • Your abusive/dysfunctional parents have also passed away so you're free to be happy with reduced stress in your life. Stress reduction will help your osteo and other physical symptoms since stress lowers the efficacy of the human immune system.

·
Charge'n Thru The Night
14,515 Posts
And your lack of empathy has literally tried turning this into a political debate.
@Vinniebob Any dealings I've had with you have always seemed pleasant and you seem like a good person overall. I really hate you had these unfortunate circumstances happen in the past, as well as what you're dealing with currently, but you do add value to this world and I hope through all your pain and suffering you can see that. You're part of this community and I can at least say I care about you and really hope you can persevere through this hard time.
Wrong. It was intended to make him laugh.

It would insulting his intjness to remind him the obvious shit like how valued he is by other people( especially on this forum) thus he shouldn’t kill him self . So I went with a joke. It didn’t work out unfortunately, but owell.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts