Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been knowing older ENTJs all this time, and haven't noticed this pattern, but now that I met a younger one, I noticed your Te-Ni (from my observation) is critical of anything in your surrounding, especially the system and authority. It came off like somewhat a surprise to me, since you infiltrate the system so well later on. (Yes, you infiltrate it, you do not integrate with it. XD)

It seems like your Te carves some form of perfect order you believe is possible and your Ni narrows things down to how they should ideally be done and you take criticizing a sport. I mean, no ENTJ criticized me personally, it was mainly the system, the humanity, the bigger structures. I thought about it, comparing it to the older ENTJs I know and I thought it's Se that makes the difference maybe. Se helps you see temporarily need for people to be organized as they are and observe how people act and integrate into environment around them and thus realize how achieving a better state is not currently an option? Or something like that?

Also, your Se helps you see what needs to be done within that system so you would achieve your own well-being and you don't hesitate to use that. Once you realize it is like that and can't practically change at the moment, you just go along with it, even if you don't quite like it. After all, you're better off doing it than not doing it.

My question is, am I guessing well before I go completely off-track? XD

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Most ENTJs just make up there own superior rules. If mob psychology tells us anything, it is that when put in large groups, people are crazy and usually just listen to the loudest voice no matter what it is saying. This tells me two things, 1. The rules made up by the group are probably fucking insane. 2. Be the loudest voice.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You're guessing pretty well. I generally think in terms of what the effects of my actions will be in the long run, taking into account how exogenous variables will change over the same time frame. If I want something done, but I can't do it immediately, I create a long term strategy to make it happen. Work with aspects that can be controlled, and work around those that can't.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I often say that I used to love people before I interacted with a critical mass of them and came to the following conclusions:

- Most people are unable to take care of themselves.
- Most people are illogical.
- Most people trend towards status quo.
- Most people do not want to improve themselves.
- Most people do not want facts and information.
- Most people want their subjective perceptions and ideas to trump the facts.

As system are usually constructed and maintained by people who embody 3 or more of the preceding characteristics, it's easy to find flaws in them. You'd be shocked at how much inefficiency and "failboating" there is even in successful organizations. The problem is that when you combine incompetence with success (usually resulting from exogenous factors) you get a Dunning-Kruger effect on steroids.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
l noticed something simiar with INTJ's.

l think there's simply more information about rules/surrounding being taken into account on some level with the inferior Se, so there was a reaction to it that could be considered more rebellious than l see myself being.

l'm not really one to outright challenge something, unless it causes an obvious problem for me or l actually realize it's ridiculous.

l have come to believe that people are much less self-sufficient than l once understood (Si developing?) and agree with much of the above post, l just don't become as concerned with it, l guess.

Reactions: DeathRipper
1 - 5 of 5 Posts