Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I have recently discovered that I am an ENTP and enthusiastically embrace the label. Now,however, I'm finding that my relationships in the past have failed becuase I'm going for the wrong types of men. Maybe. Probably. Now I've decided that I want to try on an INFJ... though the idea kind of scares me a bit. Where do these rare creatures hide, and how do I find/recognize them?

Reactions: agokcen

·
Registered
279 Posts
We're the quiet ones.

Specifically, you can mosey on over to the INFJ forum and check out the articles at the top of the topic list. I'd link you directly, but the fancy forum software won't let me link until I've posted 10 times, and I refuse to spam random topics until I hit the quota. (We're also incredibly idealistic!)

Good luck! :proud:

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
You cannot try on an INFJ. They will try you. :wink:

Reactions: Callie

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not even convinced that INFJ guys exist... and if they do, it seems that an ENTP chick would be totally intimidating. At least that's what I've been told; I don't think I'm particularly intimidating... just picky???

·
Registered
359 Posts
INTJ's are a great match too...don't leave them out....

Reactions: Callie and agokcen

·
Registered
279 Posts
You're probably not intimidating at all. If the attraction is there, it's more of how you carry a conversation. Just don't criticize him. Be the one to ask questions and talk about yourself; you find out more about him by his answers and he can read you and get a feel on you when you talk about yourself. You get to be an extrovert, he gets to be an introvert. Pretty win/win if you ask me.

He'll probably be the one people-watching.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
INFJs are the shy guys that no one else notices, of course. But then they end up making the best boyfriends.

I dated one, although it didn't really work out. I need a fellow thinking type, apparently. Nonetheless, if you ever find an INFJ, don't worry about "intimidating" him. He could just as easily be concerned about you not liking his quietness, you know? For the most part, they actually like our craziness. Weird, huh? It's true, though. When the right one comes along, you won't have to worry about a thing. I promise.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I really want to meet a chick ENTP. From what I've seen, all of the ENTP girls who post here are pretty attractive physically.

Wow, I just e-hit on girls. New low?
A new low? Hardly, considering the situation. If we were less hot, then you might have a reason to worry.

·
Banned
998 Posts
A new low? Hardly, considering the situation. If we were less hot, then you might have a reason to worry.
My friend once peed in a bottle on the bus while he was drunk. Now that, my friend, is a low. Or a high, as he told the story very well. He's an ESTP, so very good at telling stories.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Check libraries. Unique Gift Shops. Music Festivals/Shows. Coffee shops. Art studios.
I find myself wondering into these atmospheres all the time.
Libraries: New age, self-improvement, art, philosophy, poetry, and psychology sections are good places to start.
Unique Gift Shops: I don't know if this holds true for other INFJs, but there's a store called Sandalwood and Sage
that I would live in if the two owners would let me. They sell healing stones, religious sculptures like Buddha and Anubis,
incense, tapestries, artwork, books on spirituality, chakras, and self exploration, and so much more.
INFJs are creative, love to learn, and despite their reserved nature, they enjoy people.
As for the music festies: An INFJ will most likely NOT be in the pit.
I hate the claustrophobic anxiety I feel. Being short doesn't help at all. lol.
Plus, the whole reason I go to shows is more for the novel experience.
I want to gain a greater sort of appreciation for the artist.
I can't absorb, think about, and appreciate the music when I'm feeling invaded.
And finally Coffee shops/Art studios:
I show up at places like this because I like coffee, art, comfortable environments,
and an atmosphere that promises intellectual conversations.
I do not like small talk at all. Especially when it's about something I'm not interested in.
These places usually attract people that will hold my interest,
so if there must be small talk, I try to manipulate the odds of it becoming a meaningful connection.
But that might just be me.
A lot of times, I'll even ride my bike to campus and study on a random bench
or in the middle of an aesthetically pleasing scene.
I love te people-watch, so that might be why I do that. lol.
Good luck on the search though.
INFJ can't even recognize fellow INFJs most of the time.
Complexity with a low-key nature can make us hard to find.
Add that to the unique interests and aspirations of the individual,
and you've got quite a difficult search ahead of you.
My best suggestion:
Continue being your ENTP self.
:]

Do this, and you'll discover one eventually.
My ex ENTP was the ONLY guy I ever made the first move on.
I'm normally extremely shy and I wait to be pursued.
But something about your type is just magnetic to my type.
Even if they don't make a move, they'll still gravitate toward you.

Sorry I couldn't offer any expertise.
I hope this helped though.

Best wishes!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
INFJs are the shy guys that no one else notices, of course. But then they end up making the best boyfriends.

I usually think that no one else notices me, but if I stop to think about it, consciously, that's probably not entirely true, as I think I do have an influence on people. But, I am quiet, no doubt about that :happy:.

And yeah, it's actually the craziness that brings me in. I'm not really at all intimidated by it. If I see it, it's usually one of the few times I initiate, as I usually like to just sit back and have things come to me. Definitely not traditional, but just the way I am.

As to where to find us....we're usually the quiet guys. We don't like to make shows of ourselves, so you'll have to seek us out if you want to find us, but we do exist, obviously :laughing:.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've found several INFJs in annonymous programs. NA/AA etc. They're usually marginalized in society, so they try to escape the isolation through substance abuse. Thats my theory.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
How weird to read about these INFJ-ENTP relationships outside of my world. My INFJ roommate and my ENTP friend have 0 attraction, they're barely decent friends.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hmmmm. I have NEVER dated anyone close to INFJ. It doesn't seem to make sense to me that the ENTP/INFJ relationship is ideal... but I'm incredibly intrigued. I always figured I needed someone as extroverted as me to keep up, but now I'm thinking I had that completely ass backward. I'm also a bit concerned with the INFJ being the male in this case... but I suppose wearing the pants in the relationship is nothing new to me, as long as I can respect his intellect I suppose.... It's like a whole new world has been opened up to me!

I think I have to hone my INFJ seeking abilities. It sounds like I'd have to be the one to approach, which I don't think is a problem, but will I know if I've found one if we start talking??? It sounds like crazy mind fireworks go off and I would of COURSE know, but I'm not so sure.....

·
Banned
359 Posts
I really want to meet a chick ENTP. From what I've seen, all of the ENTP girls who post here are pretty attractive physically.

Wow, I just e-hit on girls. New low?

I dont know about ENTP guys. But from my experience in real life ENTP chicks are Hawt, cool and gorgeous.
guess I am not hitting a new low am I ?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I dont know about ENTP guys. But from my experience in real life ENTP chicks are Hawt, cool and gorgeous.
guess I am not hitting a new low am I ?

I don't know if I agree with physical attributes coinciding with MBTI types, but I would be willing to bet that ENTP girls are generally attractive to men because of our playful, easy-going, charismatic nature. Hotties, perhaps, but my bet is on downright lovability. And our tendency to form new words... Webster clearly wasn't an ENTP (or an INFJ)... he doesn't get me.

Reactions: MOGwok and agokcen

·
Banned
359 Posts
I don't know if I agree with physical attributes coinciding with MBTI types, but I would be willing to bet that ENTP girls are generally attractive to men because of our playful, easy-going, charismatic nature. Hotties, perhaps, but my bet is on downright lovability. And our tendency to form new words... Webster clearly wasn't an ENTP (or an INFJ)... he doesn't get me.
Yes that is true.

More reasons ... they are playful and charming at the same time.
Other reason ... They are girls with brains. Although it comes as a surprise.
One more reason ... They are like me ... And i love myself.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts