Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. I have been wanting to find myself for a while now. While I recognise that I may be an extrovert and I may have social anxiety, I just want to recognise myself properly to understand how I can live better. I am not great at assessing myself so I thought a website like this could really help me.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I am a 22 year old guy who woke up not too long ago thinking about myself.. I believe I have social anxiety as I often get thoughts that other people may be judging me and I fear being rejected (like I really want to play soccer with my friends but I feel that they will reject me because I don't have a lot of experience in it). When I am home and alone for too long my negative thoughts amplify.

Also I am confused about my type, so I am going to and fro from different types.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

flickr.com /photos/rootswalker/37103958804/in/explore-2017-10-20/

(Add https and www and remove spaces to view pic) Forum doesnt allow me to post links yet

So looks a great scene. The view is great, the sunset looks great.I am a nature lover myself. I would probably go there with my friends and loved ones to enjoy a vacation. I am here assuming that I am climbing up the mountain to ski down from it. Also I would like to boat to the small island in the middle for the view and thrill.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

I would be bummed. I must have really wanted to attend that concert (I love EDMs). I would suggest that we diagnose the problems ourselves first and fix it. We likely won't be able to so I would then look for a lift with some passerby. I will be hoping we will find someone soon. Also, I would make sure the car is kept at a safe place so it doesnt get stolen.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I would be the first to say yes to the after party. I can safely say that I will have more energy now than before because I want to party more once I have partied. Also, I honestly would be ok with the driver getting a bit tipsy but not too drunk.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I would probably insult him first with a "dumb fuck, you know nothing" or something along those lines. But as soon as I am provided proper proof, I will be accepting of the new fact. I can't think of an inward reaction, as I will be spontaneously insulting my friend first.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

I am generally accepting of anything new as long as theres proof of it. I am not a great theorist.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

I generally do not seek fight with anyone. If conflict rises, I try to settle it down between the two parties. If it involves me, I try to reach middle ground. If I am at fault, I definitely apologise. If they are at fault, I try to make them understand. If they don't understand, I stop the discussion and change the topic. If they insist or get violent (which is not me), I start avoiding them. I don't need that kind of negativity and violence in my life.

How did I determine them? I have often been told that I have never had a fight. True. I don't like fights. Smoke weed and stay peaceful. :p

How can they change? If someone truly hurts my loved ones. I am sure I will burst in anger if something like that happens. I generally avoid that though. :)

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

Again, I am friendly with everyone. Even if they are in bad terms with my best bros and family. As long as they are find with me, I am fine with them. Like for example a very good friend of mine is really mad at some dude (and I also agree that he should be mad at him) but I don't feel the same way. Their acts did not affect me, it affected me friend so I admit he has a reason to be mad. Not me though.

If I could change one thing about my personality is definitely I need to stop my anxiousness. Stop thinking what others think. I have decreased it quite a lot but I am sure I can completely remove it.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I had a hunch or gut feeling.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Travelling, partying, fucking around with my budds.

Drain: Talking or doing stuff that I have literally no interest in. For example, my cousin likes speaking about boring music or comic book characters. While I do watch them, I honestly have no interest talking about them.

Also people forcing me to do stuff. It's the most annoying thing ever. I hate when people tell me to do this and that. Watch this its gonna be good. Take this career its good for your future, listen to this music its good, try this its good!!!!! Fuck off, now I am gonna keep doing what I like to do.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

Trying not to fart. I can't remember anything else.

Internal thought process? Making sure I don't get anxious. It ruins my mood. But generally takes me a few minutes to get back in the game.

I may have left out some details but I will answer more if its needed. Please help me, thank you! <3

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi, I am still interested! :)

I can't edit the first post anymore but I would like to add to my answer to it.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I would probably insult him first with a "fuck off, thats not true" or "No way, really?" (depending on how close I am to the said person), something along those lines. But as soon as I am provided proper proof, I will be accepting of the new fact. As for inward reaction, I don't think I will be thinking much. Maybe thinking if what I remember is correct or not, but thats about it. I will be spontaneous in responding to my friend.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

I am generally accepting of anything new as long as theres proof of it. I am not a great theorist. Again, I will be thinking if what I remember is correct or not, but thats about it.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

I generally do not seek fight with anyone. If conflict rises, I try to settle it down between the two parties. If it involves me, I try to reach middle ground. If I am at fault, I definitely apologise. If they are at fault, I try to make them understand. If they don't understand, I stop the discussion and change the topic. If they insist or get violent (which is not me), I start avoiding them. I don't need that kind of negativity and violence in my life.

How did I determine them? I have often been told that I have never had a fight. True. I don't like fights. Smoke weed and stay peaceful. :p

How can they change? If someone truly hurts my loved ones. I am sure I will burst in anger if something like that happens. I don't remember this ever happening though :)

Again, I will be willing to answer more questionairs if that helps!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I see a lot of Se I'd say ESFP. You're enneagram seems to be 9w8. You didn't ask for that but it was very obvious to me that I had to mention it. :laughing:

'I don't like fights. Smoke weed and stay peaceful. :p'
Very 9.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the reply, stardustangel.

I am relatively new to MBTI and very little knowledge on enneagram but thank you! I will look into it. :D

I thought I would also like to add that on some online personality tests (humanmetrics, 16peronalities, etc) I got ESTP 7/10 times and ESFP 3/10 times.

I am not sure if stating this would help pinpoint my personality but I will be willing to answer more questions if that helps!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thank you for the reply, stardustangel.

I am relatively new to MBTI and very little knowledge on enneagram but thank you! I will look into it. :D

I thought I would also like to add that on some online personality tests (humanmetrics, 16peronalities, etc) I got ESTP 7/10 times and ESFP 3/10 times.

I am not sure if stating this would help pinpoint my personality but I will be willing to answer more questions if that helps!
The only mbti test I believe in is this one:
Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

and even then it's just to see the percentages of the functions.

You're definitely a Se dom.

These strike me as Te:
'I am generally accepting of anything new as long as theres proof of it. I am not a great theorist. Again, I will be thinking if what I remember is correct or not, but thats about it.'

'I would probably insult him first with a "fuck off, thats not true" or "No way, really?" (depending on how close I am to the said person), something along those lines. But as soon as I am provided proper proof, I will be accepting of the new fact.'

Te likes facts and proof.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts