Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a place you can challenge people to read something they might not normally read..

I recommend only recommending free e-books or popular books easily bought from any old bookstore, but recommend whatever you want to.. :tongue:
Please only recommend one book per post.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
I just finished The Winner by David Balducci. Was excellent

The Brothers Karamazov.

I'll expect a full and detailed synopsis by monday.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Easy, Tiger.The thread says make suggestions, not intimidate into reading.

Lol

I remember trying to read that fucking thing and getting a headache, it was so dense.

Yeah, weird thread. Reading a book is a helluva commitment. I find it hard to read one even when I find ones I really love. Well maybe not, but it's harder and harder to find good books that are to my taste.

So what's that book, The Weiner, a crime fiction thingy?

And I'm supposed to challenge you?

I can come up with something, even if you don't read it.

But for now, how about something dark, like some non-fiction crime. Like an autobiography of a Boston Mafia enforcer? Brutal by Kevin Weeks.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Fiction: Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand or Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.

Nonfiction: I recently read He's Just Not That Into You (shhh, don't tell anyone) and it was interesting. But I generally like apologetics, so I'll also recommend a pretty basic one, Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. Have fun!

Edit: These were actually for StableSun, but I guess it can apply to johnny too...?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
@johnnyyukon Oh my god, you haven't even read it. I looked it up on wiki, did not seem like a very easy read. Truthfully though I have been more inclined to read female authors with female characters; that's all males, so not really my thing. classics and awards novels can be tough, they're challenging.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
@johnnyyukon Oh my god, you haven't even read it. I looked it up on wiki, did not seem like a very easy read. Truthfully though I have been more inclined to read female authors with female characters; that's all males, so not really my thing. classics and awards novels can be tough, they're challenging.

Ha, this isn't the "books you've read thread" silly.

And that's right, f*** Brothers Karamazov.

Ahhh, you see why this is a difficult thread. But fair enough. I like mostly books that get testosterone all over your hands, ha, so probably got nothing for ya. : (

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
@johnnyyukon The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov

(I beg to differ, as I love the Brothers Karamazov. But that's just personal taste.)

Reactions: johnnyyukon
1 - 9 of 9 Posts