Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://personalitycafe.com/infp-for...picture-your-musical-taste-50-songs-less.html

Now that we know each other a bit better, let's see if we can guess what other people will like.

If someone guesses correctly and actually finds you a song you like, acknowledge that they got it right by thanking the post in which they recommended it. If it doesn't fit, explain why so they can try again. You may post a song for someone without having made your own list in the other thread, but it will be more fun if you all post there.

:) Have fun.

Here is mine---

For Bottes:

·
15,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This one is for Lad:

This one is for Rogue Eagle:

This one is for Teigue, who likes pretty much the same music I do according to the songs listed:

This is for BluSkyes:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Snail- I might be totally wrong, but I shall attempt... haha

Blackfiled- Glow (I would have chosen "once" but I couldn't find a good recording on youtube)

(It doesn't stay the same throughout)

Reactions: snail

·
15,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I could totally get into that. :) Thanks for introducing me to something I didn't know about. I love how it gets suddenly intense. OMG yes, this rocks!

I just found "Once" online, and that's great too. Yay for having another band to add to my list. Ooh, I'm pretty sure I'm going to love the whole album. "1000 people" is great. Each song just seems to get better as I keep listening. I'm on the sixth song and haven't found a single one I disliked. Yay!!! I'm so excited and happy about this music!! It's Porcupine Tree in disguise, right? How could I love Steven Wilson so much and not have known about this sooner? :laughing:

Reactions: amaurosis

·
15,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: amaurosis

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yay! :D Actually, Steven Wilson (the main vocalist and writer from Porcupine Tree--I was thrilled to see you like their music) is in Blackfield as well... I think Blackfield is the more "commercial"-ish project. But to me both bands are absolute genius. Anyway, enough raving about that :p

Loose Heart is awesome! I love the guitar. and the lyrics are great. Thanks for suggesting it; I would have never found it by myself. I'm looking up some other Riverside songs now and they're looking good :) I'm also very excited about this music XD

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
JerseyDevil, I'm a little out on a limb here, but I'll try this. You had a mix of songs in there with some edge, some oldies, and some modern.

yourstruly, I don't know most of the groups on your list, but some of the songs revolved around being tired, washed up, or something to that effect.

AvaAdore, not sure you'll like some of the screamer parts in this, but you may enjoy the rest.

somewhere else, might be completely off base here.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
GladiatorMalibu-

I think you might like this because we listen to quite a bit of the same music.

Oh and Laura, you just copy and paste the youtube link for the videos. :)

Reactions: dreamcatcher

·
Registered
375 Posts
Snail:

I'm just taking a guess that you might like this song, though I didn't see your list in the other thread yet... BT - 1.618. It's 11 minutes, and the video is an equal part of the experience. I was thinking it might fuse with some of the artistic parts of you - the creation of the music and video are based on using the golden ratio. Be completely honest, though.

·
15,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Snail:

I'm just taking a guess that you might like this song, though I didn't see your list in the other thread yet... BT - 1.618. It's 11 minutes, and the video is an equal part of the experience. I was thinking it might fuse with some of the artistic parts of you - the creation of the music and video are based on using the golden ratio. Be completely honest, though.

YouTube - BT - This Binary Universe - 04 - 1.618
Wow, what a neat concept. The music isn't my usual style, but I was impressed by how much thought obviously went into it.

Since you are into that sort of thing, here's a song for you that uses the mathematics behind the music to add to its symbolic value:

It was the first thing I thought of when you posted the golden ratio song for me. :) This is from the album "7," which I own.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
My plan: I will avoid trying to do this (I'm afraid I'll megafail) unless someone else does a recommendation for me, and they're right. Then it's like, I owe them a recommendation, or to pay it forward, at the very least.

·
15,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My plan: I will avoid trying to do this (I'm afraid I'll megafail) unless someone else does a recommendation for me, and they're right. Then it's like, I owe them a recommendation, or to pay it forward, at the very least.
Nah, the fun part is trying to figure people out through trial and error. If you pick wrong, you can always try again. It helps if the other person explains what it is about the music that made it not work.

And if this works, we will all have a better feel for each other through music. Pretty cool, huh?

·
15,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rowingineden:

(Here's a different version of a Radiohead song you picked, but it's got that tough chick feel to it that a lot of your favorite girl music has. If you hate it, I'll try again.)

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Rowingineden:

YouTube - Creep by The Pretenders

(Here's a different version of a Radiohead song you picked, but it's got that tough chick feel to it that a lot of your favorite girl music has. If you hate it, I'll try again.)
Hmm. It's tricky with cover songs. I usually prefer most to go to the source, unless someone else really does add something to the original. I know of a few songs I like from the Pretenders, but I don't really think anything was added in this cover to push it over the top. I also don't usually like live performances, unless they're really well performed (visually dynamic) and have a great sound mix (I want to hear the vocals and each instrument, and the crowd should not be too loud for me to hear them).

My favorite "Creep" covers are of course the new one that was featured in the trailer for uh, "The Social Network" (very haunting) and the one by Karen Souza, who sings it in a totally different style.

I would go ahead and recommend a song to you, but I'm not very well-versed in the kind of things you appear to like - I don't even recognize but one of the song titles ("Hallelujah") and a few of the artists. Do you like uh, slower-paced songs? The sort of dramatic kind? I don't think I really listen to that sort of thing voluntarily. :blushed:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I love that Porcupine Tree song, Snail. It kind of hit the nail on the head. Thanks :) :)

I think I posted this on your wall a while ago... I have no idea if you like it or not, no idea if you relate to the lyrics, but it reminds me of you for some reason.

·
Registered
759 Posts
JerseyDevil, I'm a little out on a limb here, but I'll try this. You had a mix of songs in there with some edge, some oldies, and some modern.
Yeah, that is definitely up my alley. You nailed it with the music, it is very me, especially the drums. It is the kind of song I'd like to practice to once I get a kit and have the speed and dexterity for. The drummer is doing lots of different things throughout the whole song, sometimes to a bit of excess, but it keeps the song fun to try to keep up with.

I don't usually care for singing like that guy does though. You hear it so much in modern rock today and I think it makes it all kind of sound the same. Singing goes a long way with me. For this type of music I stick to a few songs from Trapt, Greenwheel, Hoobastank, and bands like this. I'm pretty terrible with exploring this genre and just listen to some of the good music from popular bands that I hear in different places unless people recommend songs to me, so I appreciate it :happy: This is the kind of stuff on the radio that I'll turn to after checking the classic rock and alt rock channels during the rare times I don't have my iPhone playing music.

Side question for everyone: I'd hate to be in the car with me without my iPhone playing :tongue: I am constantly flipping between about 9 different channels on XM radio if I'm not listening to talk radio on 202 and 204. I can't stand leaving it on a song I don't want to hear and I rarely find ones I like. Does anyone else do this?

Then again the channel switching might be preferable to Muse all the time. I listen to them an unhealthy amount. I don't know what's wrong with me :unsure:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts