Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 3 8.6%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I watched the movie the matrix, which basically is the story about humans living in a world where they are controlled by a huge machine called the matrix (I'm sure you all know the story already, but just in case...), and you have two choices, will you choose the red pill, which will allow you to see the reality but will never allow you to return to the blissful ignorance of the ordinary world you live in, or will you choose the blue pill, which will allow you to remain in that illusion and ignorance forever, keeping to live in a safe life? The story might not imply only the events in the movie, but also in real life situation, do you prefer not knowing or knowing even though the reality will shatter your world and your beliefs?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
red pill....I'm you guys but quiet :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
I would take the red pill for sure.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Red pill, even though I know it would be a stupid ass thing to do. But at least I'd know it all in the split second before I went completely insane. Why are we like this? Why can't we take the blue pill, get drunk, have fun, get laid, and not worry about a damn thing?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
You see ... the thing is .... there is no pill. Just wake up.

·
Registered
198 Posts
It's a good question. The thing with The Matrix though, is that they're both just hallucinogenic pills. Neo takes one of the pills, trips balls for days, has the best time of his life thinking he can do anything, and then ends up dying on a bed surrounded by machines (he's clearly just ended up ODing and he's in hospital surrounded by life-supporting machines). Following the narrative you gave though, I think it would be a mistake to instantly say "I'd take the red pill" - of course typing from my comfortable position behind a computer I would love to think that I would take the red pill... But the truth is I don't go out trying to find the truth every day of my life, a lot of times I take the metaphorical blue pill, get drunk, and chill out in my house. It's not as cut and dried as all that. But despite this, given the choice right in front of me and assuming I believed the guy, I probably would still take the red pill after a while of deliberation.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a good question. The thing with The Matrix though, is that they're both just hallucinogenic pills. Neo takes one of the pills, trips balls for days, has the best time of his life thinking he can do anything, and then ends up dying on a bed surrounded by machines (he's clearly just ended up ODing and he's in hospital surrounded by life-supporting machines). Following the narrative you gave though, I think it would be a mistake to instantly say "I'd take the red pill" - of course typing from my comfortable position behind a computer I would love to think that I would take the red pill... But the truth is I don't go out trying to find the truth every day of my life, a lot of times I take the metaphorical blue pill, get drunk, and chill out in my house. It's not as cut and dried as all that. But despite this, given the choice right in front of me and assuming I believed the guy, I probably would still take the red pill after a while of deliberation.
Wah, truth be told, I myself haven't finished the movie, something came up and.. I got lazy. And there is actually much truth in your posts, even if we ENTPs are truth seekers, there are times when we want to just snuggle up at home for a period of time (lazy times). While we crave for constant simulation, I myself, felt a certain craving for comfort and not knowing things for a while. And to be stripped of the things I have previously is a bit hard.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I wanna know what happens when you take both pills...

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have already taken the red pill.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Realistically, I would wonder why a random stranger was trying to convince me to pop strange pills. However, metaphorically speaking, I would go with the red pill every time.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Ah, nothing like good old pill popping with my boy Morpheus.

Morpheus: I imagine that right now, you're feeling a bit like Alice. Hmm? Tumbling down the rabbit hole?
Neo: You could say that. (At this point, Neo is thinking: "Ahhh what the fuckkk Ahhhh Morpheus just compared me to a little girl, Ahhhhh what the fuck"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts