Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever had a time in your life, say a day or longer, that you are not thinking as deeply? You lose yourself in your life and are not analyzing, questioning, and creating as often or as thoroughly? If so how do you escape from these "Slums"? What triggers a slum? How can you stay out of these slums? Reading higher level book? Sleeping more? Talking or debating with intellectuals?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
For me the answer is pressure. Pressure keeps away the "slums". The more the better.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Whining because you are clear-headed? Should count your blessings, because it's the only sanity you will get for a long long time after the tide of thought comes back to wash you back into the ocean of hell. I can't recall the last day I was free of deep thought.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whining because you are clear-headed? Should count your blessings, because it's the only sanity you will get for a long long time after the tide of thought comes back to wash you back into the ocean of hell. I can't recall the last day I was free of deep thought.
Do you find deep thought a burden? For me, a day without thought is a day wasted.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
You have a fairly negative perspective on your gifts. We're amazing creatures. Bask in it man.

How do you keep the right type of pressure turned on?
Mostly self-sabotage and doing things without thinking them through so I get into risky situations.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I find that I don't necessarily need the "right" type of pressure ... I just need pressure. I've found fun adventures and new experiences spawn from that behavior as well (as long as you live through it), so you get double the bang for your buck ... as long as you disregard any possible negative consequences (which is hard as an ENTP because we naturally and instantly SEE them ALL)

·
Registered
186 Posts
You have a fairly negative perspective on your gifts. We're amazing creatures. Bask in it man.
I have no one to compare myself to and assume elite status over. Who is to blame?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I have no one to compare myself to and assume elite status over. Who is to blame?
Let's get back to that thought of you getting out of the house by any means possible (aka "Govt came 'n took my babies")

·
Registered
186 Posts
Do you find deep thought a burden? For me, a day without thought is a day wasted.
When I'm trying to focus on something tha needs my absolute focus in the moment (easily fudged if not), yes it can be a burden. I lose things easily, go do something wrong because I wasn't paying attention, forget if I showered. It's like a sibling - Sometimes I want to throw an iron at his head and at the same time, he's a useful person to have in my life.

·
Banned
293 Posts
That which we resist, persists. So just go with it and enjoy the brief respite, I would love some! :p

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Honestly, the only way I can back to normal is doing something I absolutely love, like camping or hiking. I need friends, and no pressure. I got to let myself return to equilibrium, before I can escape those slums.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I feel like sometimes when i have maybe a week of no deep thought/ analysing, that i wonder whether or not it will ever come back. So does anything other than pressure stop it? Because i am currently not thinking very much the last few days.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Mostly self-sabotage and doing things without thinking them through so I get into risky situations.
I'm a student, and I see myself living in these "slums" unless I handicap my final grade somehow... like bombing the first couple of tests to make me actually feel motivated to still get an A in the class. Of course the self-sabotage is kinda unconscious.. I think...

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Well I had a drug phase just to shut my mind up, I still need it to shut the hell up honestly, but it's starting to get harder to get it to talk.
Pretty bad sign, if I do say so myself.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts