Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever had a time in your life, say a day or longer, that you are not thinking as deeply? You lose yourself in your life and are not analyzing, questioning, and creating as often or as thoroughly? If so how do you escape from these "Slums"? What triggers a slum? How can you stay out of these slums? Reading higher level book? Sleeping more? Talking or debating with intellectuals? Possibly caffeine?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I have spontaneous moments during my day when I don't think. I zone out completely and sort of reach this trance-like state of nothingness... if that makes any sense.

I'm guessing this is mostly triggered by the fact that I just don't know what to think or feel anymore. I've reached a point of being just an empty shell.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Getting really into a fiction novel has a high chance of causing this for me. I feel empty after knowing there is nothing more. It sucks because I tend to avoid heavy reading now.

Straight thinking to get out of these "slums" doesn't work for me. I have to do something I deem "productive" or listen to fast pace music usually Trance or Nightcore. I sometimes open a notepad and just start rhyming with a reason, get a message across in rhyming pairs of lines(no verse requirement or anything). I even find that I enjoy writing when I get in these moods.

Here would be an example of what I would listen to:

·
Registered
360 Posts
I hate these "Slums", but really, I sort of let myself zone out if that's where I'm going - because I probably need it. But if I really wanted to reinvigorate myself, I first sit and ask myself why it's even happening to me. Usually this would lead to a chain reaction of thoughts and I'm stimulated and energized again.

But sleeping and exercising definitely help, too. Naps are beautiful.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sometimes, I want my mind to pause, if only for a moment. These states can be achieved through meditation and strict mental discipline.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts