Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:sad:Should i bother telling my boyfriend how his minor ish rejections hurt me? or should i suck it up?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Suck it up? um... no. You deserve to be happy. Dont go around believing a desire for sex or whatever it is he rejects giving you is dirty or selfish.

If he's not doing it for you... it is a sign of things to come. Move on.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Well I'm guessing your INFP, and I know for me those things would not be good built up over time. And if you are any bit like me or other INFPs I'm sure it would be really hard for you not to say anything. I would say you should talk to him about it. Because the fact that you have brought it up already shows that it is bothering you, even if in what you call a "minor" way. But I'm betting, that to you, it's not a minor thing. I think it bothers or maybe hurts you. So yeah, just tell him how you feel. But I am also interested in exactly what manner he is "denying" you?

·
Banned
451 Posts
:sad:Should i bother telling my boyfriend how his minor ish rejections hurt me? or should i suck it up?
Suck it up buttercup

And put an effort into meditation so as to learn how and when FJs affect you so you are able to not let them consume you.

All Fs should meditate and understand the importance of understaning FJs

·
Registered
547 Posts
I don't know the details, but before anything you should try to take an objective look about what you are feeling, if it's you overreacting, or if it's your boyfriend who maybe needs some alone time.

But if it's really really putting you down, you should maybe talk to him about it by being very careful to not making it a reproach that he could takes for him.

·
Banned
451 Posts
I don't know the details, but before anything you should try to take an objective look about what you are feeling, if it's you overreacting, or if it's your boyfriend who maybe needs some alone time.

But if it's really really putting you down, you should maybe talk to him about it by being very careful to not making it a reproach that he could takes for him.
And maybe perform oral sex immediately before the conversation so as to make him more malleable

·
Registered
547 Posts
Just taking into account the weaknesses of others before blowing everything out of a good intention, right ?

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
If he is rejecting you that means he doesn't like you.
Would some one that likes you reject you?
If it is something that is bugging him talk about it and work it out.
If he is rejecting out of his ego move on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
To be fair, there's not enough detail for us to know the exact situation here. "Honey, I don't think that's a good idea" or "Honey, I think you'd be happier if you gave up the needle" isn't in the same category of rejection as "Honey, I wish you had breast implants and weighed 90 pounds". So I don't know if it's him being an abrasive asshole, or you being oversensitive.

Either way, though, the answer is the same! Don't suck it up!

Communication is a key to all worthwhile relationships. If I was doing something that made MY lover feel bad, I'd want to know... and I'd want her to be enough of a woman to have the backbone to tell me. Only abusers love doormats.

So tell him. One of two things will happen, and they're both good for you. Either he'll realize he's being a dick and stop, or he'll think you're overreacting - but even if he leaves you (or you leave him) because of that, you're now in a position to find someone who won't run roughshod over you.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
In what way is he rejecting you? If something he is doing is hurting you, he may not even realize it. Telling him could be beneficial if it is at the right time, and not stated accusingly.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I'm with Ronald. I feel that honest sharing of feelings, as long as it is tactful, well-timed, and mixed with a healthy dose of listening, is usually a good thing.

It doesn't have to be anger. "When you say this, I feel sort of...hurt. I know you don't mean any harm, but I still wanted to point it out because it bothers me."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts