Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
"OH GOD WHAT DID I DO WRONG? HOW DO I MAKE THE PUZZLE-PIECES FIT? NO ONE ELSE WOULD HAVE SAID/DONE IT THAT WAY; I'M SUCH A FUCK-UP; GOD; *sob*"
:crazy:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
If someone rejects me based on looks I can't completely fault them. Everyone has their own preferences. If they find me attractive but just reject me for some other reason like me not being awesome.. well I don't think that's happened since I've been somewhat of an adult.

I recently got rejected for being too awesome, in a sense.

It's not that easy unless you're confident. I know I'm pretty amazing due to my loyalty, willingness to please and all that stuff. I think most people would be lucky to have someone like me. I'm not perfect, but I admit my faults. I'm honest, caring, and all the stuff I think is important for a relationship to work.

I think knowing your worth is the easiest way to deal with it. You need to know it's the other persons loss, even if they may be amazing as well. If you don't think of yourself as being worth much - that's something you need to fix.

That said, if you grew close to the person and had feelings for them it can make it hard as well. Being as awesome as I am, I wonder why a girl wouldn't choose me instead but eh, whatever. Her loss will be someone elses gain someday.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Well, I'm thinking: "uh oh, where did I go wrong? can I fix that?"
I feel as if I did something wrong or was misunderstood.
I take it personally at first, until I get over it and find people who like me for me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's pretty much the worst thing in the world.
I tend to pull out before the other person to stop it happening. Only emotionally though, I think there's lots of people who still think I'm friends with them eep.
If they do it first...
"AHH I'M GONNA BE LONELY THE REST OF MY LIFE! WHY CAN'T I BE SOMEONE ELSE THAT PEOPLE LIKE??? " ... basically.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Umm, yes,..well,.. no.. but ..yes, Im not too good at it really.
First of all when someone rejects me, I do a fair impression of a Victorian Dowager lady.. something along the lines of a shocked face, jaw to the floor, followed by 'This is an outrage!' How very dare you!
I suspect this is just me covering my own feelings of 'Uhuh, it was bound to come, I meanb, if i were them, I'd be rejecting me too'
So, a mixture of anger, disbeleif, outraged hurt feelings, high dudgeon, take umbrage, bristle with wounded pride,.. all covering a very defeated and whipped person who really needs to go away for a while and lick my wounds.
After ive had a good long depress fest, and mentally murdered said offender in many Cluedo type ways,.. I start to feel the stirrings of some self esteem growing in me again, and I start to become a bit more reasonable and magnanimous, and think, oh well, maybe its for the best... and then I'm sort of ok about it.
I never fully get over it, and I'll always be a bit frosty round that person if i ever see them again, (I'm not big on burying the hatchet'
But I never actually get round to murdering them in real life.
I just mentally stick pins in em for a while.
:)
G. x

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think there's lots of people who still think I'm friends with them eep.
Yep, I also got a ton of people who must think I am a friend but I don't really enjoy their presence.
I hang out with them and that, but I get my kicks out of a small group of persons.

Also, when I am rejected, I do fell sad, but I try to not show it if the other person might get sad. If a girl rejects me and chooses another guy, I guess during the day I'll be happy because I care so much for her, I'm glad she found someone to take care of her, but at night I'll just cry myself to sleep.

I am a pathetic nice guy......:sad:

·
Registered
258 Posts
I handle rejection quite bad. I don't think I handle it at all, actually.
I freak out, in a way. Panic. Not good at ALL.
When I do feel rejected (often I do, eventhough it turns out that I'm not..) I try not to show the person I feel rejected by that I do. If they "see through" me, I get embarrassed. Don't wanna show that I'm "weak" or something..
The only thing who actually works for me, is to talk to the person I feel rejected by when I've "calmed down".

Hope everything works out for you :happy:
I don't have any good advice, but your not alone feeling the way you do : )

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm actually really good, I gage people well to know if they will. No rejection, no pain. When I do it's like...eh whatever. Not meant to be.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Someone who is important to you & you had a conflict with this person & are now getting the cold shoulder
if the person is important...i would really get to know their style of dealing with conflict, and try to approach them in a way that they like...some space and time may be required, if they are giving the cold shoulder. but it all depends on the situation.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all of your input, guys. I talked to my friend yesterday and it turns out he was being cautious in reaction to how I was presenting more so than actually rejecting me. We talked it out & both feel a lot better and if anything this whole thing brought us closer, so it worked out well.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I am not very sure how I handle rejection because I never did the first step in any relationship and I don't feel responsible for them.
I know there are some persons in my life that I would like to give me more attention, so I'm just happy when they do and evasive when they don't. I've never been rejected because I never expected and be 100% sure the others would be the way I want, so it makes me happy when they do, and when they don't, I just think it is their choice and I definately don't feel it like a rejection.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for all of your input, guys. I talked to my friend yesterday and it turns out he was being cautious in reaction to how I was presenting more so than actually rejecting me. We talked it out & both feel a lot better and if anything this whole thing brought us closer, so it worked out well.
Glad it worked out-

1 - 20 of 24 Posts