Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After grokking how core inertia is to an INTP's core self, I began to suspect that there's a key relationship between inertia and resilience.

I'm not sure if it's obvious, but what do you think?

Is there a relationship?

What might it look like?

How might that influence an INTP's walk?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
My religious practises and vegetarianism are probably both at least 50% inertia. Maybe there's a bit of resilience in there and a good helping of genuine enjoyment, but inertia is prolly what keeps me there.

Other people often mistake it for moral fibre and resilience.

Reactions: Ista

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Other people often mistake it for moral fibre and resilience.
This perception often makes me feel like a fraud, and then I rebel. Didn't understand that until now.

For some reason, your responses are often peppered with missing links that make everything come together for me.

:kitteh:

I totally support your engagement to @Fienigma.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
This perception often makes me feel like a fraud, and then I rebel. Didn't understand that until now.

For some reason, your responses are often peppered with missing links that make everything come together for me.

:kitteh:

I totally support your engagement to @Fienigma.

I think I would rebel as well if I wasn't so attached to the inertia/security.
A volunteer supervisor of mine wrote me a recommendation letter filled with praise of my morals and principles and I read it over which I wasn't even really supposed to do and o.o.

Yay. I really like pepper. I put a lot into soup. Maybe that's why.

@JPS has to officiate the wedding, but you can definitely give a semi-drunken speech at a point in the evening which is too early to be drunk. (Or buy me shoes. I hate shoe shopping.)

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I would rebel as well if I wasn't so attached to the inertia/security.
A volunteer supervisor of mine wrote me a recommendation letter filled with praise of my morals and principles and I read it over which I wasn't even really supposed to do and o.o.

Yay. I really like pepper. I put a lot into soup. Maybe that's why.
I get attached to the inertia if I've been at it for long enough, but otherwise, brain says that it has become boring. Really it's not that at all, it's the doubting of the integrity of the thing.

There are still supervisors who volunteer to supervise INTPs? Thought the word would have gotten out by now. I once had one of those and the main thing they learned is never again. ;) That was peak INTPness where my brain was doing somersaults and still trying to figure out if it existed. Since then, there have been some who have welcomed me or found me useful. All's not lost. You sound like a good INTP. Maybe you can up our share price on behalf of the rest of us.

Mmmm. Peppery.

@JPS has to officiate the wedding, but you can definitely give a semi-drunken speech at a point in the evening which is too early to be drunk. (Or buy me shoes. I hate shoe shopping.)
I can nearly walk again two days after my new shoes. How about you take them off my hands and I'll go barefoot. *promptly runs off to grab four bottles of wine*

@JPS

Reactions: misstheground
1 - 6 of 6 Posts