Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my mother and ENTJ, got me invloed with the personality type and like many of you ive read the please understand me 2 book, and its safe to say im in love with this stuff :D.

anyways a few months back i stumbled across this website. and i find it to be very intresting it allows you to compare your personality to another type and then it tells you about the general relationship between the two,

now ive compared its results to the realtionships around me , and im curious what you guys thing about it. its not often that im able to talk to people who have a good understanding of the personality types.

so let me know what ya think thank ya :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
for some reason it wouldnt let me post the link.. so here it is
socionics.com/rel/rel.htm
sry i fail at life lol

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,547 Posts
I use this often already. Its very valid in my opinion and I see patterns in life between my relationships and the description. Um I really don't know what you want to discuss about it though, maybe you can specify what exactly interest you about it. Its a very good resource.

Like what kind of types have you backed this up against. I've put it up against all of them and have found them to be true in different ways.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well im really curious about others experiences,
what types people usualy surround them selfs with, and why they think they do?
what are the common realatiions for roles such as best friend, or mentor, mates for the various types?

and i would like to say ive checked it against all the types to but ive had trouble finding intps, estj, isfp, and istp.. i swear they are hidding from me!!

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,547 Posts
I tend to have a lot of ENFJ, INTJ, ENFP ISTJ, ESTJ, and ESTP. in my life. These are the types I find over and over again. Im not really sure why.

The types I've had the least contact with are ENTP and INTP.

I know at least one friend of all the other types. Pick one to talk about.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
see i just find that intresting that i usualy have the same around me, tho id have to take out the enfp and put in the entj, and i have found alot of female esfps not to many guys.

so tell me about your experieces with enfp's??

but i would also like to know about your experiences with estj?

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,547 Posts
I have an enfp friend who I've known since I was 12. We get a long pretty well because we have a lot of things in common. We have a lot of fun together, but when it comes down to gossiping (which we both love to do) we sometimes reach a point of such disagreement with each other because she tends to talk about things that aren't concrete as if they are 100% true. She makes observations and connections that are possible but not necessarily true. This makes me angry because I don't really like to make grandiose assumptions of people unless I've seen it for myself. I tend to deny anything she claims to be false, but a lot of the time she ends up being right (not all of the time though). Which makes her go into an "I told you so mode" which annoys me.

My ENTJ friend and I are very close. We still see each other from time to time to hang out, even though we live about 8 hours apart from each other now. Our relationship is pretty funny because we tend to just be complete assholes to each other for the fun of it. Example: the other day we were hanging out and he saw that I was texting people on my new iphone and says "wow way to be 13 year old girl, FAGGOT". I responded with "I'm sorry you don't know what its like to have any other friends, JACKASS!". Faggot and jackass are capitalized to emphasize that we are loud about our cursing. We tend to argue a lot because our views differ to a certain degree and he enjoys debate alot. In high school people often mistook our banter and debate as serious arguments combined with insults. It was funny because we would call each other names and argue and then right as the bell rings I would ask him "oh hey what are you thinking about doing for lunch?" as if nothing happened.

I don't really have much to say about ESTJ. I know a lot of them, but not because i'm close with any of them.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The types I've had the least contact with are ENTP and INTP.
Try talking to people who reads books or spend lots of time on the internet. We are usually very shy and might be surprised or even ucomfortable around an ESFP. And most important of all be patient. If you treat the INTP with respect and patience you will have a friend for life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts