Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
it felt like a land ant trying to fit in a flying ant colony once transplanted by the wind.... damn near impossible without perserverence and determination... but after the first few weeks ... wings or no wings, theres things to do in the new colony along with the non-flying crowd and the elderly.

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
I met all my closest friends in college (where I finally met people who were all like me). Through their connections to other people elsewhere I met the rest of my close friends. Some friends/acquaintances I met through hobbies and interests (like music journalism, art, film, etc.)

I'm picky about friends. I don't want to be "friends" with people with whom I have nothing in common, generally. Life is too short to waste time trying to get along with people you don't have any connection with, imo. I can chit chat with random people if I have to, but no interest in being "friends" with them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I met most of my closest friends in college.

Changing from high school to college made a huge impact on the type of people I met.

In high school is evident that INTP's are very rare, and S types predominate, I am sure I was the only INTP in high school.

But in college, and this is surely due to the career I chose, the environment was suddenly N predominant (mainly NT) This made a huge difference in the quality of my social life.

·
Registered
190 Posts
A couple of my best friends I met while working together on a public access tv show we were trying to get going. It's just two of them, no idea what any of their personalities are. Then my current best friend/roommate/co-worker is an INTJ (I think) I met in 2002 online. He was having a very difficult living situation for like 7 years. I knew he was amazing at programing and that his skills could be well used at any company. So I convinced him to move here and got him a job where I work and currently he's like the best Programmer they have here. I see a bright future for him, I wish I had that talent but Programming is not my cup of tea. I'm good at making like Excel macros and a few other stuff but everything I write is super sloppy, it usually works but it's very sloppy and yea programming just not my thing.

·
Banned
2,616 Posts
I met my closet friend 12 years ago at a time share my family owns in Vermont. He came up to me and asked if I liked pokemon cards and we've been friends ever since. We only got to see each other about three times a year but kept in touch via the phone and internet. Now we only see each other once a year but I'm moving up north this summer so I'll get to see him more often, something I'm pretty god damn excited about. Besides two kids around here, the rest of the people I know dont to anything to stimulate me mentally, I will not miss them.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I met most of my closest friends in college.

Changing from high school to college made a huge impact on the type of people I met.

In high school is evident that INTP's are very rare, and S types predominate, I am sure I was the only INTP in high school.

But in college, and this is surely due to the career I chose, the environment was suddenly N predominant (mainly NT) This made a huge difference in the quality of my social life.
Interesting. Made me realize something.

While I did meet a lot on interesting people at university, there still was a big gap between and most others in the major I chose.
My major was Political and Social Sciences, a lot of the other students were NF's I realize now, all highly realistic. It all fits though, why I from time to time got the remark or more often those looks that said "How can you be so cold and calculating.", while I just was thinking about what would be logical, how the system works right now, what would be fair (not exactly the same as being compassionate),..
They also always seemed to be more passionate about it, or rather, in a different way. For me it was like the ultimate strategy game/puzzle, a synthesis of Civilization, sim-city, spore, rail-road tycoon,.. . I loved the logic behind both the political and social sciences, and especially that they are so complex that even armed with all that knowledge the outcome remains so very hard to predict.
And those I did get along with best were the T-types, mostly NT's (while typing this I realize that my study-direction seemed to be very geared towards the N's lol).

<_< Hmm wrote a bit more than I intended to :p

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I've never had a friendship that lasted more than a couple years, but I'm a teenager and I've always lived on or near military bases (friends move a lot; I move a lot).
The group of friends I have now, I met in band camp.

I'm a little nervous about college. I know that's where a lot of INTPs make friends but...
I only applied to one college (I'm lazy. It's a college close to where I live, I didn't have to write an essay, and the acceptance rate is high), and it's too late to apply anywhere else.
A lot of what I read about my school says things like, "Don't come here if you're not outgoing", and there's a lot of emphasis on Greek life. Of course, I'm very reserved. I'm just afraid I won't find people like my high school friends who are all super smart and going to top colleges.

I've been posting a bit on my school's message-board to possibly meet people, but I end up just getting into arguments or being ignored.

Also, I think I'm choosing kind of an EXFX major. The career suits me very well, but I know I'll be surrounded by a lot of EXFX females.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I met my best friend in preschool, and we're still best friends. I moved away when I was 8 but it didn't change anything. We plan on getting an apartment together in a few years. :D

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
I met my closest friend on the Runescape game haha. Been... 5-6 years now I think. Never met him in real life. Now that neither of us play anymore we talk through text and email every once in a while. Not even gonna try to attempt to type him but he is quite intelligent and only a month younger than me. Pretty cool dude.

I consider him the closest I have to a friend anyways... you guys come at a close second though:tongue:

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I met my closest friends in elementary school and still friends with them. I have met various friends from work. Normally don't hangout with them outside of work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.