Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Tricky situation. It doesn't sound like he'd invite you all the way over to where he lives just to get laid. From reading this, it seems like he really liked you but I'm kind of confused on how it all turned so negative all of a sudden. I also don't understand why he'd blow up at you for asking him a legitimate question.

If he's truly an F, I'm sure he does want to talk to you or at least thinks about the situation often. Four weeks is too long to feel uncomfortable, so if he's not going to initiate anything, I think you should. If you write to him, he'll read it. You could always send him a quick message saying "Call me when you get a chance" or something of that sort. That way the ball is in his court and if he doesn't contact you (I think he will), then you'll at least know you've done everything in your power.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Eek. I've read about this stuff happening with other ISFPs too..we really dislike feeling trapped, that is physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, whatever. Like you say, we don't want to hurt the other person, so we hang onto them for as long as we can tolerate it and then escape quickly without another peep. I'm not sure if that's what has happened here since usually it doesn't involve yelling or confrontation. Plus, it doesn't sound like you acted any more invested in him than he was in you. I still kind of affirm that he's in the wrong here and you should demand (lightly :p) an explanation.

One theory - and I could be completely off the wall here - but the relationship I'm in had a very very rocky start. The trouble is, he speaks as he finds, and acts on the spur of the moment. If the words or the actions hurt, or he perceives they have, he gets the mindset "I've effed up bad, really bad, if I hide or keep quiet or keep out of way it might just all go away/I have no chance now."

Although the situation was very different, I did what RyRyMini says above - got in contact. If I hadn't have kept on pushing, I wouldn't have broken his barrier to find the very loving person underneath.

Of course, you have to ask if this guy is worth it. I know that you as an NTP also don't care jack about stereotypes, whether girls should go chasing guys yahdeyahda. I chased mine. It was worth it.
I totally do the thing you wrote in the first paragraph - if I say or do something wrong I completely retreat. Also, I want to applaud you for following your heart. :D That sounds clichéd, but I had to say it because it sounds like you ended up with a positive, fulfilling relationship.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.