Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever had a relationship or close friendship with a 7?

What was it like? Were you able to trust each other? Were there any specific dynamics that stand out to you? What did you do for the 7, and what did the 7 do for you? At what points did you butt heads? Did you find the 7 unemotional? Did the 7 find you "too emotional?" How was the communication between you? Did you inspire each other, and if so, in what ways? Did you feel that a 7 has truly been able to understand you?

Please be as specific as you are willing, and tell me about as many 7s as you please.
This relationship intrigues me.

·
Banned
2,700 Posts
Have you ever had a relationship or close friendship with a 7?

What was it like? Were you able to trust each other? Were there any specific dynamics that stand out to you? What did you do for the 7, and what did the 7 do for you? At what points did you butt heads? Did you find the 7 unemotional? Did the 7 find you "too emotional?" How was the communication between you? Did you inspire each other, and if so, in what ways? Did you feel that a 7 has truly been able to understand you?

Please be as specific as you are willing, and tell me about as many 7s as you please.
This relationship intrigues me.
I am seeing/not seeing a 7(ENTP) and while there is no physical component, the relationship is the BEST I have ever had, bar none.

(and I have been married, etc. where I did not get 1/2 of what I do with this person = gah~!)

To answer your questions:

We trust each other a great deal, we just discussed what we bring to each other this past Sunday night, and the answer was that the balance we both need subconsciously is offered by the other - I am ALL work, he is ALL play, etc.

He finds me the most emotional of any four or INFJ he's ever met, but since I give love, support, etc. unending, it is a joy to him = and I CAN BE MYSELF AND HE UNDERSTANDS ME - and even better, he appreciates me and tells me so all the time. JOY!

We do inspire each other - I have lived in the same area for three years, and never traveled past an hour's drive for all that time...
then I met him and I have since driven across the state with him, am going to Yosemite National Park with him in two months, traveling to Colorado in 2014, and then Europe when we can afford it (not to mention I've not taken a vacation in 6 years!:shocked::sad:).

He, in turn, is inspired by my drive, dedication, and focus... and it is rubbing off on him as well. I will not speak for him but to say that he has noted it, telling me that he will succeed with my help, etc.

I only know this one 7 and he knows I would bond to him lifelong and vice versa, so hopefully, I'll never know another.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am seeing/not seeing a 7(ENTP) and while there is no physical component
... no physical component? May I ask why?

and I CAN BE MYSELF AND HE UNDERSTANDS ME - and even better, he appreciates me and tells me so all the time.
Is there anything he doesn't inherently understand? Do you have to explain?
Do you understand him?

I only know this one 7 and he knows I would bond to him lifelong and vice versa, so hopefully, I'll never know another.
Awws. =)

·
Banned
2,700 Posts
No attraction (so far), and we live in different states..

Is there anything he doesn't inherently understand? Very little Do you have to explain? Rarely.
Do you understand him?
So much so he tells me I have the magic touch with him.

Awws. =)

YES.

Reactions: Animal

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No attraction (so far),
lol. Interesting. Would you miss having a physical component?

So much so he tells me I have the magic touch with him.
Lucky guy. A 4 or two have had the magic touch with me as well. :kitteh:

How long have you known him? Did you click immediately or get close slowly? Did you trust him right away?

·
Banned
2,700 Posts
Interesting. Would you miss having a physical component?

Hmmm.... I am celibate by choice presently, but I can write I've been with an ENTP physically, and that was the best of my life - (I do not know if he was a 7, but I imagine he was). I know I won't rule our being together in that way out, and intuition tells me it would be infinitely pleasing....if it should happen because of the connection we share, but if it does not occur that is fine as well.

Lucky guy. A 4 or two have had the magic touch with me as well. :kitteh:

:blushed:

How long have you known him? Did you click immediately or get close slowly? Did you trust him right away?

8 months, and immediately. He remembers me from when I first came to the forum, when I was only in the INFJ subforum.

I will write, there is sublimity between us...what I've seen referenced in writing as "soul's ease."

We feel like we offer to each other what we lack on our own, if that makes sense.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting. Would you miss having a physical component?

Hmmm.... I am celibate by choice presently, but I can write I've been with an ENTP physically, and that was the best of my life - (I do not know if he was a 7, but I imagine he was). I know I won't rule our being together in that way out, and intuition tells me it would be infinitely pleasing....if it should happen because of the connection we share, but if it does not occur, that is fine as well.
I see. 4s are so fascinating. I cannot imagine having a relationship in which I don't desire a physical component.

My father is an ENTP and a 7w8. He's pretty awesome. Just a side note. ;)

8 months, and immediately. He remembers me from when I first came to the forum, when I was only in the INFJ subforum.

I will write, there is sublimity between us...what I've seen referenced in writing as "soul's ease."

We feel like we offer to each other what we lack on our own, if that makes sense.

Would you believe me if I told you this picture, and what you wrote, brought tears to my eyes? That is truly touching. I completely lose myself in this photo. Thank you.

·
Banned
2,700 Posts
I see. 4s are so fascinating. I cannot imagine having a relationship in which I don't desire a physical component.

Thank you :blushed: and I am INFJ - I live in my mind, except for when an ENTP brings me to ecstasy :blushed:

My father is an ENTP and a 7w8. He's pretty awesome. Just a side note. ;)

Nice!:proud:

Would you believe me if I told you this picture, and what you wrote, brought tears to my eyes? That is truly touching. I completely lose myself in this photo. Thank you.

Yes, and welcome to fourworld. :kitteh:

:happy:

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you :blushed: and I am INFJ - I live in my mind, except for when an ENTP brings me to ecstasy :blushed:
And what better time to escape your mind and enter the physical realm? ;)

welcome to fourworld. :kitteh:

:happy:
This is why I visit fourworld. On the forum, I communicate in words, and I'm also a writer and I write lyrics with most of my music. However, I believe there is so much more to communication than words. The things that really hit me at the gut are images, motion, the things I *imagine* from reading words... the nuances between conversation - someones vocal cadences, the way their body moves, the way they breathe, smell, and feel. The 4s that I've known have effectively communicated in so many ways that weren't words. They navigate the artistic plane naturally, in a way that is almost extraterrestrial compared to most humans, and yet I understand it - it speaks loud and clear to me. It is beautiful. And it makes me feel at home, being that music was my first language. =)

·
Banned
2,700 Posts
And what better time to escape your mind and enter the physical realm? ;)

This is why I visit fourworld. On the forum, I communicate in words, and I'm also a writer and I write lyrics with most of my music. However, I believe there is so much more to communication than words. The things that really hit me at the gut are images, motion, the things I *imagine* from reading words... the nuances between conversation - someones vocal cadences, the way their body moves, the way they breathe, smell, and feel. The 4s that I've known have effectively communicated in so many ways that weren't words. They navigate the artistic plane naturally, in a way that is almost extraterrestrial compared to most humans, and yet I understand it - it speaks loud and clear to me. It is beautiful. And it makes me feel at home, being that music was my first language. =)
This post is pure WIN.
:proud::happy:

·
Banned
4,227 Posts
Is there supposed to be a connection between 4 and 7?

Close would be an understatement with the 4 I know. On the whole I'm harder, more insensitive, and practical. She's deeper, more sensitive, and discriminating.

Our relationship is based on this private creative passion, where we're always trying to "outdo" the other's new idea, for the sake of the other. I'll make something different for dinner and she'll try something outlandish the next day. I'll send her an email with youtube links of songs I think she'll draw creativity from, and she'll chat saying she can't decide which of her 72 song playlist she wants to send back (which makes no sense to me, because the ones I sent were totally random). This one was the last one I sent. Can you see why?

It's not all idealistic though. I decide a lot of practical things for her, and there are times when I think she's acting like a child and needs to make up her own mind and stick with it. That's when the passive aggressive stubborn thing comes around, which I don't do well with. There's also a sensual (opulent?) side to it. We both love the finer things. One of the most memorable things we did back in college was a night walk around this neighborhood with distinctive old stone houses and talk about which ones we liked, disliked.

I don't think there's anyone else like her out there but if there was and she was single I'd be done.

·
Banned
4,611 Posts
I dated a ENTP for two years who was probably 7w8. Our minds were a brilliant match -- similar sense of humor, a distaste for the mundane, a love of adventure and culture and the outlandish. He had narcissistic tendencies, took me for granted, and wasn't there for me when I really needed him, though. (He'd probably say I'm too sensitive, yeah.)

I did feel that he understood me better than most people do, and that he accepted my weirdnesses more -- probably because he's one of the few people out there who is less conventional than I am. That was refreshing.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I never dated a 7, but I knew a few of them. We got along well humor-wise, and breaking the ice when there were unnecessary tense situations. I could keep up with their racing thoughts. BUT omg, eventually they would just exhaust me. I love going on impromptu adventures, but... eventually I want to take a nap. I don't have the GO GO GO attitude that a lot of 7s do. I can relate to their hunger for experience and adrenaline and being careless and fun, but I have to be in the mood.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had a dear friend who I'm quite sure was a 7w8 ESFP, (off-topic but perhaps relevant: in socionics we would be 'duals'). I wasn't as close to them as to other friends, and vice-versa, but I miss them much more than many others. They were a vital, charming, oblivious and ridiculous but completely lovable individual. They were very inclined to show me affection and bring me forward, I think they liked it when I blushed. Maybe they had a 2 in their tritype, (I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about tritype theory though).
We'd playfully argue. I like to think that maybe I helped when they were stressed to the point of over-dramaticism, by relating and arranging priorities and reminding them gently of the future, but I don't think I helped too much. I wasn't pushy enough to draw their attention, and plus I found them pretty funny in such a state.
Some others thought they were completely intolerable, irrational, annoying, useless, etc etc. But I thought they were horribly endearing, and I'm sure it wasn't just because they paid me compliments liberally. I miss them.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Is there supposed to be a connection between 4 and 7?

I found this part interesting! They do say that there is a connection between 7 and 4. They speak about it around 9:34min.

The only type 7 I know is my father. I do enjoy the vibrancy and fun he brings to our family. But sometimes I also feel like he is not as sensitive to me as I wish. But I also feel this way about almost all the types. haha.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.