Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that this relationship is no good, but that confuses me because I think the one I'm considering works relatively fine, at least the friendship has been.. I've worked to understand this INTP and even got him to take a few other personality tests and wanted to know what other people (who know way more about the dynamics of these different personalities) thought about it.

ISFP: Leo (Ascending: Libra, Moon: Aries), Type 6 & 9/4, Hufflepuff, Idealist
INTP: Gemini (Ascending: idk, Moon: idk), Type 5 & 9/4, Hufflepuff, Guardian

·
Registered
415 Posts
I am in a relationship with an INTP (almost 3 years together) and we get along pretty well, so don't take MBTI into account if you're trying to determine whether a relationship is going to work or not, this is all BS. However, MBTI made me understand him better and vice-versa, so in that sense it was actually helpful.

We see the world through different lenses (Ne/Se) and we process things differently (Ti/Fi), so this causes misunderstandings even after all this time together, because his approach to things are usually different from mine so I initially may not understand exactly what he means. It's not easy sometimes, but I think respect, love and trying to actually listen to another point of view makes it possible for things to work out. So remember, it's not the MBTI that's important, it's the mutual support, love and respect.

Reactions: Sunn
1 - 2 of 2 Posts