Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source: MBTI Relationship Matrix | Life as a Project
ISFJ Profile

Just something I stumbled upon that I found interesting. All the types are related to ISFJ (obviously) and are put in parentheses underneath each description. :)

"The MBTI is a powerful way to discover one's personality preferences. But it's more interesting to see how two personalities come together. Instead of displaying a huge table of all possible combinations, I'll list all the different type dynamics according to the differences in a particular type."

For types that have no difference is called the identity.

Identity - same types; a typological mirror-image. e.g. ISFJ - ISFJ

For types differing by one preference

E/I - Pal - work and play well together; minimal natrual type conflict.
(ESFJ)

N/S - Neighbor - arrive at the same place by variant processes.
(INFJ)

T/F - Companion - similar modes of expression; bear each other's company well.
(ISTJ)

J/P - Complement - compatible strengths with opposite emphases.
(ISFP)

For types differing by 2 preferences

E/I and N/S - Counterpart - perform similar functions in totally different realms.
(ENFJ)

E/I and T/F - Tribesman - share a sense of culture, but with different interests and abilities.
(ESTJ)

E/I and J/P - Contrast - point and counterpoint on each function.
(ESFP)

N/S and T/F - Enigma - a puzzle; totally foreign in nearly every facet.
(INTJ)

N/S and J/P - Suitemate - A person one might be comfortable sharing an office. Prefer similar climates, but don't necessarily have much in common as far as goals or world views.
(INFP)

T/F and J/P - Advisor - each has an area of insight that the other lacks.
(ISTP)

For types differing by 3 preferences

E/I, T/F, and J/P - Pedagogue - each is both the other's mentor and student; has a "parent to child" feel.
(ESTP)

E/I, N/S, and J/P - Cohort - mutually drawn into experiential escapades.
(ENFP)

E/I, N/S, and T/F - Novelty - intriguingly different; interestingly so.
(ENTJ)

N/S, T/F, and J/P - Supplement - like Pal, but functions are farther removed; each can add to the other's strengths.
(INTP)

For types differing by all 4 preferences:

Anima - fits Dr Beebe's description of the anima/anumus; each is the other's inferior (4th) function.
(ENTP)

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Quite interesting. The INFJ and ISTJ sound pretty accurate for me personally. I also really like the ESTJ and the INFP...those two are dead on for me, especially one INFP friend I have.

The INTJ doesn't fit for me, though...my best friend is INTJ, and even though we have our differences, we connect on so much too...he doesn't feel completely foreign.

The ESTP doesn't fit me either, though, but that may just because I haven't had great experiences with ESTP's.

Like anything, of course this is too general to apply across the board, and I only know a few people of each type, so my own individual experiences don't really mean anything either. It's all in good fun.

Reactions: Eyes Open

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
Two friends of mine are ISFJ's, so this may have some truth to it.
"T/F - Companion - similar modes of expression; bear each other's company well. (ISTJ)"

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was most excited about the INTP, I think, because it reassures some of the many questions I've had about the INTP I've been interested in for a while....

N/S, T/F, and J/P - Supplement - like Pal, but functions are farther removed; each can add to the other's strengths.

And of course the ISTJ thing is perfect. My dad's an ISTJ (maybe ISTP), and sometimes it seems like I'm the only one who can relate to him in my extroverted family.

I wonder about the ESTP: E/I, T/F, and J/P - Pedagogue - each is both the other's mentor and student; has a "parent to child" feel.

I don't know any ESTPs personally, but I can see how "The Doer" and "The Nurturer" have a lot to learn from each other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts