Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ! INTP T here. How do you behave on social media? Is social media that important to make and keep friends?
I don't give likes and neither comment stuff nor upload memes or selfies. Also I dont post things because.. I don't want to full SM with unnecesary stuff. There's enough crap in there. I think there's a certain type of communication in there that doesn't let me to be real, because that's not how that shit works... I dont know.

How do you make friends or how do you connect with your partners through that?
Are you real in there? I mean, do you express who you really are?
Do you chat more than post stuff? You chat about what you really think and feel or just the "how's the weather"

HELP

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
Hmm, social media:

Facebook: only keep it around for aquaintences I don't want to lose completely. I look at it twice a week at most, post maybe once a month at most.

Twitter: You can avoid the worst of twitter by not following many people. It's not a good platform for making friends. I might post something postivie/funny in reply to a post maybe twice a week.

I've made "Internet friends" on here, that's about it. Might as well be genuine on here; that doesn't mean you can't shitpost (in a friendly way).

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Social media are bunch of fakes. I hate it when there's a social party shit, it was so fucking boring.. Then my friend post it like, had good times with these guys..

Fuck yeah. It was so boring!!

Like everything posted there are fakes. XD

Then my friend and i went to a park, i wanna roam around and search the whole place. The fucking bitch stayed in one place trying to selfie for the perfect primary pic for facebrag.

I totally hate it.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think social media is a little overrated. It is hugely popular, and a lot of people do use it to chat, learn about events, etc, but I meet a fair few people who don't use it (including Gen Y, although most of my family doesn't use any social media).

I had one coworker comment half-jokingly that he'd probably have more friends if he used Facebook, and my manager doesn't really share things like travel photos with her boyfriend. That's something she shows directly to her personal friends. They're both around my age.

I don't like it because a lot of it feels... pointless, I guess? Like it's just another public face you need to put up, but the only thing you get out of it is politics and animal pictures. I have enough to think about without Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. I do use Reddit for gaming- and gardening-related interests, but it's not very personal.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I'm not on it unless you count forums. I am myself on forums but I'm anonymous. I don't see how SM it's conducive to forming healthy and fulfilling relationships, and the site owners/advertisers are tracking and spying on everyone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm not super into superficial chat and sharing personal details with hundreds of people that I'm not that close to....so I use it a very limited amount

·
Registered
122 Posts
I used to be more into Social Media when it first came out. But now I could care less. I only have Facebook to keep in touch with family.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts