Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this exists yet or not but I was looking at a thread where a girl was asking if people dated on this site and other things like that. If you have met your friend, love, gf/bf, soulmate, husband/wife on PerC, would you mind sharing about it? I'm a sucker for romance and love and I'd love to hear any stories or see any pictures. ^_^

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Well I didn't meet someone on PerC (though there seem to be tons of awesome people here!), but I did meet my husband on another forum that I've been a member of for eight years. Our first anniversary is in three days. :)

Because of my own experience, and those of other people I know, I'd say it's more than possible to meet a romantic partner on PerC -- or any other online community. I love the way forums facilitate communication on topics that likely wouldn't come up when meeting someone in person, and that the nature of that communication is often much more open and sincere. I wouldn't change a single thing about how I met my husband... other than the fact that having a long-distance relationship for so long in the beginning really sucked. Totally worth it, though. :) I've made a few very good friends on a couple forums as well, and hope to stay in touch with them for the rest of my life.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I didn't meet someone on PerC (though there seem to be tons of awesome people here!), but I did meet my husband on another forum that I've been a member of for eight years. Our first anniversary is in three days. :)

Because of my own experience, and those of other people I know, I'd say it's more than possible to meet a romantic partner on PerC -- or any other online community. I love the way forums facilitate communication on topics that likely wouldn't come up when meeting someone in person, and that the nature of that communication is often much more open and sincere. I wouldn't change a single thing about how I met my husband... other than the fact that having a long-distance relationship for so long in the beginning really sucked. Totally worth it, though. :) I've made a few very good friends on a couple forums as well, and hope to stay in touch with them for the rest of my life.
I met my Michelle on here, it feels very right and free being with her
I met my SO on here, so chalk another one on the board for PerC.
Yay! I'm glad you guys have found someone special. It's good to feel like you aren't alone in the world and I enjoy PerC (and other forums) for making me and others feel that way. I've found someone nice, don't know if it'll be a relationship or not but he's great to talk to. It's just refreshing to see people come on here to talk and their chatting progresses to friendship and love. ^_^

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I met my boyfriend on here... totally by accident. We met up in February 2011, were long distance for eight months (and I mean really long-distance... 3000 miles), only seeing each other once every one or two months, then he moved here in October and we've been in the same place ever since. We're about to go back to long distance though. Womp womp. Hopefully not for long.

Here we are. This was taken over a year ago, a couple days after we met for the first time. Dawww.

·
MOTM June 2011
6,992 Posts
I met my boyfriend on here... totally by accident. We met up in February 2011, were long distance for eight months (and I mean really long-distance... 3000 miles), only seeing each other once every one or two months, then he moved here in October and we've been in the same place ever since. We're about to go back to long distance though. Womp womp. Hopefully not for long.

Here we are. This was taken over a year ago, a couple days after we met for the first time. Dawww.

Damn, that fake cheeseburger looks tasty!

/ok I joke.

Hey, why are you going back to long distance?! We've watched this harrowing journey as you two finally began living in the same place. Now you're dashing it all! *sobs* OK, I'm sure you two have good reasoning or someone has good reasoning...

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,110 Posts
I met my girlfriend @Eerie on here. :crazy: We met pretty much randomly but we instantly hit it off. We exchanged music for a while then we talked on instant messenger and the phone, and I knew we had something when I realized that she was OK with my offensiveness and poor impulse control. (J/K - it was really when I realized how sweet and amazing she was, but that other stuff is just a bonus.) That was over a year ago and I still feel so lucky. :crazy:

·
Registered
5,694 Posts

That's so awesome! Congrats guys!!

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Ok, I'm calling someone out. Did @Kayness and @Stephen meet on PerC? Just curious?

·
Banned
3,145 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
That's so romantic. And that means something coming from an ENTP who could give less of a damn about relationships.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
Wait are you guys like a couple.
They're practically joined by the hip now. You can tell from all of Kayness's drawings plastered all over PerC.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Since when is drawing some one a picture code for "we're together". I don't talk to either of them or have much contact with them. I wouldn't have asked if I had known.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
..... I don't really see why that was necessary. But whatever.
I think she might have thought you were being sarcastic since it's fairly common knowledge that they are a couple. At least that's how I read your post. I don't think any harm was meant.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I think she might have thought you were being sarcastic since it's fairly common knowledge that they are a couple. At least that's how I read your post. I don't think any harm was meant.
I can see how she thought that.

But nope I had no idea. I remember reading one off hand comment but I thought they were joking.

But now I know.

Congrats you two.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts